Void Damage on...Altairians?

Daniel Rose
Daniel Rose
Strike-force Captain
Joined Jul 2016 Posts: 847
So I was doing some Altairian Regiments Lvl 100 in the Smash and Grab, as you do, and I noticed something about the last row of Paragons: they have purple weapons instead of Piercing Net Torps and Sai Missiles. At first I thought they were Plasma, but they were really dark purple. So I did another and had an alliance-mate watch and he also said they looked like Void instead of Plasma.

My question is: @CM_Lee, do the level 100 Altairian Regiments have Void weapons in the back 4 Paragons?
Please, if you are going to reply to my posts, do not make the mistake of attacking me personally instead of my arguments. By the same token, do
not take anything I reply as an attack on you personally. I bear no ill will towards anyone.

• Cyrus Leung
    Cyrus Leung
    VC Mod
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 3,560
    edited 16 May 2018, 7:44AM
    Those are Plasma weapons, and these ships have existed ever since the beginning of Altairian Regiments.
  • GDIAX
    GDIAX
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 3,238

They are plasma weapons. Last update causes the plasma projectiles to be slightly darker which potentially caused the confusion between the 2 damage types.

The impact sprite is still pink though, so its likely they are plasma.

Admiral and Head Intelligence Officer of the Frontier Liberation Army.

VEGA Conflict Wiki: vega-conflict.wikia.com
    NPC Target Infographics Database: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_EKMu0UVmG0219GrfHUkqZz-aDovGv9r

Practically all the information you need for the game.
  • Daniel Rose
    Daniel Rose
    Strike-force Captain
    GDIAX said:

They are plasma weapons. Last update causes the plasma projectiles to be slightly darker which potentially caused the confusion between the 2 damage types.

The impact sprite is still pink though, so its likely they are plasma.

Oh okay, so plasma graphics were made a little darker. That's confusing :P Thanks for the clarification.
    Please, if you are going to reply to my posts, do not make the mistake of attacking me personally instead of my arguments. By the same token, do
    not take anything I reply as an attack on you personally. I bear no ill will towards anyone.

• Sequestor
    Sequestor
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 1,179
    Plasma should actually be either white or yellow, like a bright star. Pink is a strange decision.
  • Daniel Rose
    Daniel Rose
    Strike-force Captain
    Sequestor said:
    Plasma should actually be either white or yellow, like a bright star. Pink is a strange decision.
    I agree, especially when there is Void damage which is purple. White would be cool, since we already have yellow

• GDIAX
    GDIAX
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 3,238

I think the pink was because kixeye took inspiration from thr covenant in halo xD

Admiral and Head Intelligence Officer of the Frontier Liberation Army.

VEGA Conflict Wiki: vega-conflict.wikia.com
    NPC Target Infographics Database: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_EKMu0UVmG0219GrfHUkqZz-aDovGv9r

Practically all the information you need for the game.