from a high lvl coiner ex coiner or what ever point of view

B_B..arghh
B_B..arghh
Skilled Warrior
Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 539
edited 15 May 2018, 9:22PM
ok kix this is my point of view from a "end game player " for 6 / 7 yrs bp took over from xbox on my gaming fun , for 5 yrs i had weekly vodka driven rampages , i used to flip sometimes at what you implemented but soon got over it , i used to pull ppl into the game , i used to help them develop and spent exactly zero mins on xbox ! Even the damm scourge raid i enjoyed !  
 you have turned a very addictive game and very enjoyable game even with its ups and downs ! into one constant chore to even log on ! i used to come home from work eat while i was playing , drink while i was playing and play when i should be sleeping :-/ even when i spent 1200 gold in a night i used to enjoy it ! 

current game :smile:
I dont rush back from work , i dont spend 7 or 8 hrs hitting bases , i don't check my base at work , i don't recommend ppl to play , i dont rampage for hours and when i log on the first thought is " what have kix screwed up today " 

That must tell you something !
playing for fun , not for a 2nd job !
  • bort
    bort
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 7,651
    6/7 years on one game is Massive. It tells you they did really well to keep you on board so long.
  • bort
    bort
    Unicorn Overlord
    bort said:
    6/7 years on one game is Massive. It tells you they did really well to keep you on board so long.
    like i said it used to be highly addictive and highly enjoyable even with some ok maybe alot of screw ups 
    well yeah. but how many other games have you played 6/7 years?

everything gets old after a while.
  • B_B..arghh
    B_B..arghh
    Skilled Warrior
    None tbh :P im the most stubborn person when i get into something 

• B_B..arghh
    B_B..arghh
    Skilled Warrior
    and its not just me , look at activaty last raid , talk of fm targets , talk of unbeatable bases , talk of repair times , talk of build times , broken promises etc etc

• rayden
    rayden
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 1,168
    nicely said my thoughts exactly...I do almost as you do..I also love how they throw the keeping your fleet stacked bug in there during raids or TLC so all of a sudden your nicely  stacked fleet all of a sudden stops just when your out of range of attacking fleets and you get hammered got to keep your finger duct taped to the up arrow practically..
  • klington
    klington
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2015 Posts: 499

@B_B..arghh said:
    ok kix this is my point of view from a "end game player " for 6 / 7 yrs bp took over from xbox on my gaming fun , for 5 yrs i had weekly vodka driven rampages , i used to flip sometimes at what you implemented but soon got over it , i used to pull ppl into the game , i used to help them develop and spent exactly zero mins on xbox ! Even the damm scourge raid i enjoyed !  
     you have turned a very addictive game and very enjoyable game even with its ups and downs ! into one constant chore to even log on ! i used to come home from work eat while i was playing , drink while i was playing and play when i should be sleeping :-/ even when i spent 1200 gold in a night i used to enjoy it ! 

I dont rush back from work , i dont spend 7 or 8 hrs hitting bases , i don't check my base at work , i don't recommend ppl to play , i dont rampage for hours and when i log on the first thought is " what have kix screwed up today " 

Meaning kix did a great job. U still playing and whining. Most ppl already quit.. Lmao

• rayden
    rayden
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 1,168
    Not really, I'm still playing and whining with a twist my friend I"M NOT SPENDING   LMAO
  • bort
    bort
    Unicorn Overlord
    and its not just me , look at activaty last raid , talk of fm targets , talk of unbeatable bases , talk of repair times , talk of build times , broken promises etc etc

well repair times are like 1/3 of what they were when you were truly addicted, even less for PvP. it sounds like you were playing a lot when basers were a 1.5 day repair, your dock was a 4 hour repair and didn't auto start, buildings were also a longer repair too.
  • John Mair Snr
    John Mair Snr
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 295

what B_B..arghh said I use to do the same I was a real keen BP player I got all my mates playing it
    and we had a lot of fun.  Now all my mates have dropped off and I am not far behind them.
    Putting up with Kixeyes lack of communication and straight out lies has got to much for me

Ahoy me Mateys!!!
  • Bob_62
    Bob_62
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 274
    Who cares how long this game has been around..I'm sorry but there comes a day when you've got to quit spiking the homecoming football and start smelling the toast burning
  • Jonathan Joseph Schale
    Jonathan Joseph Schale
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 470
    klington said:

@B_B..arghh said:

Meaning kix did a great job. U still playing and whining. Most ppl already quit.. Lmao

I am amazed at how much people are not allowed to have an opinion on here.  I have been here since the game began practically.  I play for a while, and quit. Then for some stupid reason, come back.  I like the game... I used to love the game... But... It has become too much of a chore to keep up and the cost to do so has significantly increased.  The last raid series and this one are the best Kixeye has produced in a long  time.  
    Level 103 Edward_Teach [No Current Alliance - Not Looking for One]
    Recent Hulls: Courage, Vassago's Icebreaker, Icebreaker, Monolith, Liberator, Harlock's Cannoneer, Cannoneer, Zoe's Retribution, Valiant, Pride, Empyrean, Zelos, Ironclad, Retribution, Fury, Tideseeker, Malice, Vendetta, Vanquisher, Tigershark, Apollo, Phantom Tigershark, Phantom Nighthawk, Phantom Spectre, Revenge, Punisher, Vasago's Punisher; Harlock's Citadel, Citadel, and too many others to list.
  • B_B..arghh
    B_B..arghh
    Skilled Warrior
    klington said:

@B_B..arghh said:

and i spose you quite your main base and now just forum troll on your alt ! :P
  • chopsy
    chopsy
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 79
    very well put.  I also put down the xbox controller for a while except for when a new Fallout would come out now and then.  Now when I see how much it would cost to keep up I think about how many Xbox games that would buy me and how much more fun they will be (because they test those and don't hate the players!) 
    [TBD]
    ex-[SLAHO] [DFWDP] sector 186
  • chunnder
    chunnder
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2017 Posts: 110
    Bad luck Bort your trolling didn't work, better luck next time lol
  • american crusader
    american crusader
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2016 Posts: 134

Wish the mods would remove the troll posts like they’re supposed to : (. Dude had a valid point and it resonates entirely with me I’m in the same boat. Borts post is not cool. Condescending fan boy attitude.

• chopsy
    chopsy
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 79
    they're happy to shut down threads that make a good point against Kixeye but obviously it's in their best interest to have a troll who's on their side around.  probably actually a CM's second account
    [TBD]
    ex-[SLAHO] [DFWDP] sector 186
  • bort
    bort
    Unicorn Overlord
    edited 16 May 2018, 8:52PM
    chunnder said:
    what do you mean trolling? my statement was factual. perhaps you should learn what trolling actually is lol.

the 4 hour dock repair that only started from when you logged in was how it worked for years.

pvp repairs were over a day. if you failed a base attack as a non-coiner, you literally had to wait over a day to try again. as a coiner you paid 48 coins.

build times were 20 days for a single ship for a long time, with no tokens available. even a seawolf was hitting 10 days. these days as an example last month i built 6 ships.

even ships moved at 1/5th of the speed they move at now.

if the game was still like all that, it would have died years ago.
  • bort
    bort
    Unicorn Overlord
    cmarch_82 said:
    bort said:
    bort said:
    like i said it used to be highly addictive and highly enjoyable even with some ok maybe alot of screw ups 
    well yeah. but how many other games have you played 6/7 years?

everything gets old after a while.
    There is a big difference between old and messing up a good game. The guy is giving his opinion and you come back to defend Kixeye. He makes very good points that a lot of people can relate to. You just want to troll him and get the last word. 
    maybe you should try reading the entire thread before you hit reply?

• Toshiyuki Morikawa
    Toshiyuki Morikawa
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 354
    The way I see it is that there were other problems back then, which people were more inclined to ignore/accept.  That doesn't detract from the fact that there are issues now, but anyone claiming "the old days were great" should take off the rose colored glasses.  Remember the great cargo hold disaster, losing a fleet or more because of that screw up?  Pretty sure the CS person gave me enough gold to get like 1 ship back.  Huzzah.  Or farming salvages for blueprint pieces/res because they meant something back then?
  • RavenRulz
    RavenRulz
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2011 Posts: 280
    The way I see it is that there were other problems back then, which people were more inclined to ignore/accept.  That doesn't detract from the fact that there are issues now, but anyone claiming "the old days were great" should take off the rose colored glasses.  Remember the great cargo hold disaster, losing a fleet or more because of that screw up?  Pretty sure the CS person gave me enough gold to get like 1 ship back.  Huzzah.  Or farming salvages for blueprint pieces/res because they meant something back then?
    Yes there were problems that made a lot of people quit but there were awesome friendships made that kept people in the game and I remember all those sec battles that lasted for hours when we all had fun, in those days we protected our base hitters in fact unless you have seen that awesome sight of 50 odd fleets travelling to battle you really don't know what this game was about.
  • chunnder
    chunnder
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2017 Posts: 110
    bort said:
    chunnder said:
    what do you mean trolling? my statement was factual. perhaps you should learn what trolling actually is lol.

the 4 hour dock repair that only started from when you logged in was how it worked for years.

pvp repairs were over a day. if you failed a base attack as a non-coiner, you literally had to wait over a day to try again. as a coiner you paid 48 coins.

build times were 20 days for a single ship for a long time, with no tokens available. even a seawolf was hitting 10 days. these days as an example last month i built 6 ships.

even ships moved at 1/5th of the speed they move at now.

if the game was still like all that, it would have died years ago.
    Nobody actually gives a monkeys toss about you or your opinions buddy, your seen as nothing more than a troll baiter ..... but I expect your well aware of this anyway.
  • Bindewe
    Bindewe
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 205
    I concur
  • CaptDeadEye
    CaptDeadEye
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 153
    Bort has always been a ball boy for the real players. You can tell he's a little Winnie for kix. Very pathetic life he must have. I feel sorry for him.