RIOT UPGRADE

RaniRahn
RaniRahn
Force to be Reckoned With
Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 1,679
Current situation:
1) Players take no damage or insta rep after every battle.
2) It takes minimum 34 battles to complete event.
3) Reward is not big enough to waste that much time on the Riots.

Upgrade:
1) Add new targets. Lets say alien type targets.

LVL

Results:
1) Players take rep time. That means coins for kixeye.
2) Takes min 2 battles to complete entire RIOT but probably gives you up to 24h rep time.
3) Takes so much less time to do the riot so people do that more.

I see from this that everyone wins so why not?

Opinions?
52 45 38 67 54 6b 39 55 49 45 4a 56 57 53 42 44 54 30 6c 4f 55 79 45 3d
  • rjack27
    rjack27
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2017 Posts: 39
    No. Don't change anything. While I agree with the mentioned above problems, any change made by Kixexe, will surely result in f/u/ing players over (as always). I bet they will get us more work/dmg for less time tokens. Leave as is. There are more burning issues to be solved in this game
  • shyva prime
    shyva prime
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 515
    i'm up for it , takes to much time to do the riot for the reward .. and it's a supper repetitive task with 0 challange
  • Sequestor
    Sequestor
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 1,017
    I was about to suggest the same (again). Perhaps, 1m or even 500k is too much, but there should be at least 200k per target available to hit. Riots are too boring.
  • shyva prime
    shyva prime
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 515
    some times ago , @CM_Lee said the team would be looking at higher paying  /lvl target for riot , in response to the 50% nerf in riot payout we got .

but like most of the thing said by any member of kix ,we are still waiting ..

daily mission rework anyone ???
  • Sequestor
    Sequestor
    Incursion Leader
    They also said that players bases will be more competitive during the T7 season than it was in 2017. Half of T7 is about to end soon and you know the situation: the higher the base level, the weaker this base is.
    I think, we should get another note on plans between T7 and T7.5. But I wouldn't believe any promises or plans much.
  • Saladman
    Saladman
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2016 Posts: 396
    edited 15 May 2018, 1:54PM
    I did not think the grind worth it before they NERFFED Riots.... never participate.... I like your idea! Add harder targets! maybe then it would be worth it.

with Kicks Eye.... you can expect they would not do only that..... they would take something else away too...
  • Revann
    Revann
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jan 2014 Posts: 2,398

A riot takes an hour to finish. That’s with a single fleet.

-Git Gud 
  • dom.friant
    dom.friant
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 1,668
    edited 15 May 2018, 3:59PM
    I can't believe you're suggesting they take something players can do for free and change it to where it requires coins to do. Seriously? It's already been messed up enough with the last change, just leave it be. It's not hard to get to at least the 1 million mark (which is what I usually have the time and motivation for).
    Because I like the Condor!
    http://i.imgur.com/80deZPv.png
  • Sequestor
    Sequestor
    Incursion Leader
    I can't believe you're suggesting they take something players can do for free and change it to where it requires coins to do.
    What? We are asking for more higher level targets with more points. Seriously, how could someone come up with this...
    And it's not hard, it's just long and boring. Takes me 25-30 min to finish it and that's still too long and repetitive.
  • dom.friant
    dom.friant
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 1,668
    edited 15 May 2018, 5:43PM
    Sequestor said:
    I can't believe you're suggesting they take something players can do for free and change it to where it requires coins to do.
    What? We are asking for more higher level targets with more points. Seriously, how could someone come up with this...
    And it's not hard, it's just long and boring. Takes me 25-30 min to finish it and that's still too long and repetitive.
    Um, I didn't "come up with this", the OP flat out said it, and I quote:

"Results:
    1) Players take rep time. That means coins for kixeye."

I'll take the current method where I can kill the fleets without taking large amounts of rep time if I fly right (on the 65s). The OP suggested aliens which means guaranteed damage ("coins for kixeye"). I'm not opposed to their making higher levels of the current DC fleets, but that's also far less likely to happen.

I'm sorry that my tone was rather incredulous, I probably should have communicated my thoughts in a more reasonable fashion. But If I have to spend coins to get time tokens, then it makes much less sense to do the riots. Even if the result is a really big discount compared to just outright coining something, getting time tokens without coins is still a better deal.

I'm not saying the current RIOT isn't long and repetitive, I agree with you on that, which is more often that not I stop half way. I just don't want to see it turn into an green alien target event.  
    Because I like the Condor!
    http://i.imgur.com/80deZPv.png
  • RyantheRed
    RyantheRed
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 519

Yea give us an op target that gives 24hrs of damage but 2,000,000 points so we dont have to farm for 2hours jeez

• Sequestor
    Sequestor
    Incursion Leader
    Those who coin don't repair their ships during riot, especially using coins. T7 ships can endure gathering all 2m intel without going to base for repairs and only then they may require 1-2h repair for the whole fleet.
    I was talking about such players like me, who kill lv65 targets in 40-50 seconds at most and have to send more fleets to destroy more targets on auto, all that with instant repair. This is boring, i want to hit a few targets, put my ships to repair and close the game until another event.
    Of course, they can make some OP alien target of level 70, which will put a fleet of bastions to 40 min repair and reward with 100k intel. I doubt that anybody would attack that, maybe a few times in the end.
  • Gary Pollock
    Gary Pollock
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2016 Posts: 1,110

I get 2 million from one fleet without going back to base, end up with 3-4 hrs rep that I do overnight

• RaniRahn
    RaniRahn
    edited 16 May 2018, 8:03PM
    Sequestor said:
    Um, I didn't "come up with this", the OP flat out said it, and I quote:

"Results:
    1) Players take rep time. That means coins for kixeye."

I'll take the current method where I can kill the fleets without taking large amounts of rep time if I fly right (on the 65s). The OP suggested aliens which means guaranteed damage ("coins for kixeye"). I'm not opposed to their making higher levels of the current DC fleets, but that's also far less likely to happen.

I'm sorry that my tone was rather incredulous, I probably should have communicated my thoughts in a more reasonable fashion. But If I have to spend coins to get time tokens, then it makes much less sense to do the riots. Even if the result is a really big discount compared to just outright coining something, getting time tokens without coins is still a better deal.

I'm not saying the current RIOT isn't long and repetitive, I agree with you on that, which is more often that not I stop half way. I just don't want to see it turn into an green alien target event.  
    1) Why the hell kixeye would ever rework something that is already there. You could still do same way that you can do right now. If you like it you would have option to do it. If you dont want to waste your time you could have option to waste rep time instead.

Junren-JS said:
    RaniRahn said:

The logic of this conclusion is a little wonky, in my opinion?  If players spend coins for rep time, why not just spend the coins on speeding up ship refit/build time instead?  Why go through the effort of damaging your ships, spending coins to repair and then using the tokens to speed up ship factory? 
    Coining is an OPTION. If you farm and break your fleet you can OPTION1 wait or OPTION 2 coin. If you dont need that fleet next 12-24 hours you DONT have to COIN it.  DAMAGE = COINS. But coins is ALWAYS an OPTION.

(Mod edited response to be diplomatic, no naming and shaming.  Please refresh your memory of forum rules, thanks.  --J)
  • Saladman
    Saladman
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2016 Posts: 396
    edited 19 May 2018, 7:19AM
    deleted
  • x4y4z4t4
    x4y4z4t4
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 213
    Junren-JS said:
    RaniRahn said:

The logic of this conclusion is a little wonky, in my opinion?  If players spend coins for rep time, why not just spend the coins on speeding up ship refit/build time instead?  Why go through the effort of damaging your ships, spending coins to repair and then using the tokens to speed up ship factory? 
    I hate the way people submit their idea and try to weight it up by adding phrase like "more coin for Kixeye" "player will coin more" etc., hoping that their idea will be approved and added in game by make it looks like it will benefit Kixeye but actually benefit the poster.
    I'm sure all of us know that Kixeye is a (big) company. They have a team who do nothing other than meeting up and discussing about the best way to grab money from any source possible. They are far more experienced than us in term of trying the best to make a player spend coins. While you come up with something like "add new target -> player take rep time -> coin", they have completed a whole plan starting from re-tweak AI ship movement, change hitbox size, change projectile visibility, change [add hidden stat here], even urge you to insta-rep 8-min with 1 coin instead of wai for 3 more minute for a free rep.

So please don't support your idea with the phrase "player will coin more" or sort. That will just make you looks stupid.
  • RaniRahn
    RaniRahn
    x4y4z4t4 said:

So please don't support your idea with the phrase "player will coin more" or sort. That will just make you looks stupid.
    Because kixeye dont even look ideas that dont make them more money then this always have to be added. This is there only for kixeye not for you. I personally wont buy or use coins. But like you said. Kixeye is stupid and dont see these things without it so always have to mention it. I know its stupid but look at labels on US. "Dont do that and dont doo that because u can kill yourself if you do" and soone. Most of these warnings are for morons but there they are. And thats the reason its mentioned here. Still want bigger targets on Riots. Kill 3-4 fleets and start 12-24h rep and logoff.

If someone have not figured this out yet then here is how kixeye calculate profit. Its not how much people buy coins. Its not how much people spend coins. The only stats they look at is damage taken. That is how they balance fleets and calculate their profit. Does not matter that they get money only if someone buy coins and that is only way they actually get money from people. Like i said. Kixeye is stupid.

But what ever. If there will not be bigger targets on riots i will never do any of them in my life. Have not done them 2-3 months and only way i start doing this event again is if there is bigger targets that give more points and i dont have to farm  30-40 boring targets.
  • Andrea Nard1
    Andrea Nard1
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 2,626
    RaniRahn said:
    x4y4z4t4 said:

Because kixeye dont even look ideas that dont make them more money then this always have to be added. This is there only for kixeye not for you. I personally wont buy or use coins. But like you said. Kixeye is stupid and dont see these things without it so always have to mention it. I know its stupid but look at labels on US. "Dont do that and dont doo that because u can kill yourself if you do" and soone. Most of these warnings are for morons but there they are. And thats the reason its mentioned here. Still want bigger targets on Riots. Kill 3-4 fleets and start 12-24h rep and logoff.

If someone have not figured this out yet then here is how kixeye calculate profit. Its not how much people buy coins. Its not how much people spend coins. The only stats they look at is damage taken. That is how they balance fleets and calculate their profit. Does not matter that they get money only if someone buy coins and that is only way they actually get money from people. Like i said. Kixeye is stupid.

But what ever. If there will not be bigger targets on riots i will never do any of them in my life. Have not done them 2-3 months and only way i start doing this event again is if there is bigger targets that give more points and i dont have to farm  30-40 boring targets.
    I use your post, but I could have replied to most of the posts on this thread...

Riots are actually for non coiners, those players that will grind to get something free. A coiner might do a riot, but he will not save his coins, he will nevertheless spend them in something else. 
    Riots are a gift for non coiners, to keep them in the game, and rewarding them for their grinding. There is no cpin profit for kixeye on riots... they are giving away built or refit time for free in exchange of players grinding... hence the low point payout.

I am quite sure that kixeye is not upset if you do not do riots... some free coins saved on their aide
  • x4y4z4t4
    x4y4z4t4
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 213
    RaniRahn said:
    If there will not be bigger targets on riots i will never do any of them in my life. Have not done them 2-3 months and only way i start doing this event again is if there is bigger targets that give more points and i dont have to farm  30-40 boring targets.
    Everyday a person wake up, go to a boring class to finally get a degree. Then one more time "everyday" he have to wake up, go to his boring work to get monthly paycheck for his boring life. If he do like you, he says "Have not goes to work 2-3 months and only way i start working again is if there is bigger work that give more paycheck and i dont have to work 7-8 boring hours per day" and there is no other work that he can find, then how can he live?
    But don't worry. No one cares if you play Riot or not. Even Kixeye. So you are free to quit Riot.

RaniRahn said:
    Because kixeye dont even look ideas that dont make them more money then this always have to be added.
    How do you know Kixeye will makes more money if they add [features that you recommend]? Riot, at the first place, is a giveaway so non-coin player can speedup their progress without spending coin. So "increasing Riot difficult to grab coin" is an invalid argument.

RaniRahn said:
    If someone have not figured this out yet then here is how kixeye calculate profit. Its not how much people buy coins. Its not how much people spend coins. The only stats they look at is damage taken. That is how they balance fleets and calculate their profit.
    You are true. And I know that. The problem is how people spend coin. The stat they look into is damage taken. But not just that. If a fleet's damage output is ridiculous high, people will simply avoid that fleet and attack easier fleet with lower point payout. I have seen lots of people auto Riot lvl 60 fleet with a big destroyer fleet instead of auto lvl 65 fleet, trade 20k point for whole-fleet-free-repair (note that those destroyer fleet can auto lvl 65 fleet for 60k points, but they have to free-rep single ship).

Actually I don't mean to criticise you. I personally want higher lvl Riot fleet with high payout so I can rush those fleet to finish Riot soon, take 12h rep time, then log off. What I want to say in my original comment is, the way people support their suggestion is using "more coin for kix" or "more money for kix" is meaningless, so please don't do that. The Japanese has a saying "Don't tell other people what to do/how to do.".
  • RaniRahn
    RaniRahn
    x4y4z4t4 said:
    Everyday a person wake up, go to a boring class to finally get a degree. Then one more time "everyday" he have to wake up, go to his boring work to get monthly paycheck for his boring life. If he do like you, he says "Have not goes to work 2-3 months and only way i start working again is if there is bigger work that give more paycheck and i dont have to work 7-8 boring hours per day" and there is no other work that he can find, then how can he live?
    But don't worry. No one cares if you play Riot or not. Even Kixeye. So you are free to quit Riot.

If i would have boring job i would quit and get new one. So i have unlimited option to replace my work but with Riot i have only 2 option. Do that boring event or not at all. I better not waste my time for boring events. But who cares. Probably leaving soon anyway.

x4y4z4t4 said:
    RaniRahn said:
    Because kixeye dont even look ideas that dont make them more money then this always have to be added.
    How do you know Kixeye will makes more money if they add [features that you recommend]? Riot, at the first place, is a giveaway so non-coin player can speedup their progress without spending coin. So "increasing Riot difficult to grab coin" is an invalid argument.

I am 100% sure that they will make more money if there would be bigger and harder targets. How much? That i dont know.

x4y4z4t4 said:
    You are true. And I know that. The problem is how people spend coin. The stat they look into is damage taken. But not just that. If a fleet's damage output is ridiculous high, people will simply avoid that fleet and attack easier fleet with lower point payout. I have seen lots of people auto Riot lvl 60 fleet with a big destroyer fleet instead of auto lvl 65 fleet, trade 20k point for whole-fleet-free-repair (note that those destroyer fleet can auto lvl 65 fleet for 60k points, but they have to free-rep single ship).

I can do both with insta rep but because i have to do same battle at least 34 times on every riot i just cant anymore. Its like sleeping on the keyboard. If it would be completely auto then sure i at least can do something else at the same time but i have to be in the battle every time and hold position and stuff so these battles are semi-auto for me.

In old times Riots mean every target counted and you had to do every Riot type max only twice to get everything from them. Now you have to do 2 times a week and still get 2mil points and can kill only one type of fleets and you have only 24h instead of 3 days and so one and so one. So this event is like 100 times worse then old times and i think its just time to move on for me.

This post was waste of time for me so can be closed or deleted or what ever.