SMASH & GRAB Event non kixeye discussion thread

Real Swordfish
Real Swordfish
Minor Nuisance
Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 239
So as they have not bothered here's a thread to discuss strategy and warn fellow players of bugs and in game changes to fleets and events!  :)
  • Halio3
    Halio3
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 3
    erm, changes to some fleet lay outs and damage (as per normal) and decrease in base hit  points..
  • Brutalitywarlord
    Brutalitywarlord
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 111
    Reapers are NOT worth it, sure my tech is garbage, and my Fleetbay can't support more than two Enforcers, but those things swarmed and obliterated my fleet

• SEAL Corps1
    SEAL Corps1
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 1,634
    edited 29 Apr 2018, 12:18AM
    I've been doing BRs with my Paladin, four Guardians and an Enforcer with Arrestor since they've appeared. What I do is send the Paladin and Enforcer South of the BR to the right, while my Cruisers head directly to it. I turn my Enforcer, so it hits the BR with the Arrestor, hindering it's movement. Then the cruisers and Paladin kill the BR. I repeat the process for the other BR. Enforcer stops the BR movement, Drones and cruisers kill the BR. The other trick is to not kill the regular Reapers, as they'll continue to spawn when their numbers drop. 

You can replace the Enforcer with any T5+ Ship with Arrestor (NET not recommended). I'm sure the same strategy will work with Punishers with XF DC. 
    Don't screw with me, I'm an Engineer. | Read this if you're jailed/banned.

VC News Hub Discord Server: https://discord.gg/Ewvt3zY
  • Coelus
    Coelus
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 1,066
    edited 29 Apr 2018, 1:17AM
    axis deceivers still look like alien fleets

and reaper stockpile is what youre looking for if you want to hit whats listed as blitz reaper on the overview

• FreeMann2018
    FreeMann2018
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2018 Posts: 116
    Only 41.000 intel point for base attack? really??
  • Sheep Geminis
    Sheep Geminis
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2016 Posts: 388
    Only 41.000 intel point for base attack? really??
    Lucky you, I got 27K per base hit, but let's be honest, the event is really easy if you do the AXIS Deceivers, specially if you have Bastions. I use guardians because I don't have any Bastion and it's pretty doable. I'm happy Kixeye didn't ruined completely this event, like he did with the Alliance War and the other every event in the game.
    ┋ ID: 20710497. ┋ Lords of War Officer. ┋ Base level:  65. ┋ VIP Rank: 0. ┋
  • scorpheas
    scorpheas
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2016 Posts: 40

Personally like the mix of ships spawn. But kinda confused shouldn't the vanguard be drop bastion. And the regiment Be dropping Cavalier. Think kixeye got it programmed backwards.

• ThEeRrInThEkNiGhT
    ThEeRrInThEkNiGhT
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2018 Posts: 34

I'm hitting BR 60s, 2 guardian decoys with xeno disintegrator, a paladin with all green drones, and 3 mk4 exterminators with shatter. One of the exterms gets about half beat, the pal loses about 10%, and I fly the guards after the small reapers and send drones after the biguns. One of the guards gets about 25 mins rep, the other gets 6 mins. My guards aren't mkd at all.

• Sequestor
    Sequestor
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 816
    edited 30 Apr 2018, 6:52AM
    Looks like after the maintenance altairian pve fleets had their space icons changed to very basic ones. It's now not so easy to tell what's where (fleets of different levels) by icons quickly.
  • Chili Industries Ltd
    Chili Industries Ltd
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2014 Posts: 537
    The icons look about the same, but are quite a bit smaller than what they used to be. Which leads one to speculate if something bigger is planned. Planet killer coming up next, perhaps?
  • Daniel Rose
    Daniel Rose
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2016 Posts: 486
    Sequestor said:
    Looks like after the maintenance altairian pve fleets had their space icons changed to very basic ones. It's now not so easy to tell what's where (fleets of different levels) by icons quickly.
    All the fleet icons and names are so screwed up. They have been for a few months now. I don't understand why it's so difficult, it really shouldn't be to just get the icons and names clear and explanatory. It's little things like this that really make the game look sloppy and Kix look lazy/incompetent. I'm not saying it is or they are, just that that is how it looks.
  • Coelus
    Coelus
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 1,066
    Sequestor said:
    All the fleet icons and names are so screwed up. They have been for a few months now. I don't understand why it's so difficult, it really shouldn't be to just get the icons and names clear and explanatory. It's little things like this that really make the game look sloppy and Kix look lazy/incompetent. I'm not saying it is or they are, just that that is how it looks.
    I think at this point, unfortunately, we can say it is and they are.. :/

• SEAL Corps1
    SEAL Corps1
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 1,634
    Well, I was very satisfied with this S&G. I managed to get a ton of Pegasus equipment that was on my list for a while. Bought all resources and T3 Redeemer, as well as a Pegasus. I would've focused on the M5/6 Bastion equipment, but they were in the Regiment, not the Vanguards and I didn't want to waste time retooling my Bastions to use EX shell. 

Still have 3M points remaining and don't really want to buy more AXIS hulls. 
    Don't screw with me, I'm an Engineer. | Read this if you're jailed/banned.

VC News Hub Discord Server: https://discord.gg/Ewvt3zY
  • MantisTobogganMD
    MantisTobogganMD
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 151
    CM_Lee said:
    Appreciate the feedback everyone and glad to hear you all had a good time. I will be posting up a thread for community item requests (soon) so we can compile a new updated list I can get implemented into upcoming Event Stores, etc. 

Also passing along the small icon issue for the team to look at.
    @CM_Lee Hey, so where's this item request post?
  • RaniRahn
    RaniRahn
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 1,642
    @CM_Lee Hey, so where's this item request post?
    Its Kixeyesoon. Wait 3 months :tongue:
    52 45 38 67 54 6b 39 55 49 45 4a 56 57 53 42 44 54 30 6c 4f 55 79 45 3d
  • ThEeRrInThEkNiGhT
    ThEeRrInThEkNiGhT
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2018 Posts: 34

@CM_Lee said:
    Appreciate the feedback everyone and glad to hear you all had a good time. I will be posting up a thread for community item requests (soon) so we can compile a new updated list I can get implemented into upcoming Event Stores, etc. 

Also passing along the small icon issue for the team to look at.

Lol is that what you got out of this? That we had fun?

• GDIAX
    GDIAX
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 3,124

Cant believe I have to use forum chakra to do this...

Summoning Jutsu! @Todd7123 @Junren-JS @Cyrus Leung

Sealing Jutsu, Necro thread seal!

Admiral and Head Intelligence Officer of the Frontier Liberation Army.

VEGA Conflict Wiki: vega-conflict.wikia.com
    NPC Target Infographics Database: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B3hqSMJekKIfNmtsa2NTMUl2QWM?usp=sharing

Practically all the information you need for the game.

• RaniRahn
    RaniRahn
    2 weeks is necro for you? Maybe hold your horses.
  • GDIAX
    GDIAX
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 3,124

Its necro cos the event is long over.....

Admiral and Head Intelligence Officer of the Frontier Liberation Army.

VEGA Conflict Wiki: vega-conflict.wikia.com
    NPC Target Infographics Database: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B3hqSMJekKIfNmtsa2NTMUl2QWM?usp=sharing

Practically all the information you need for the game.

• RaniRahn
    RaniRahn
    GDIAX said:

Its necro cos the event is long over.....

For me have necro always mean that information is outdated. Is it? Do we have new information about this kind of event? Something big have changed? If not i would say that everything that is not outdated will never be necro.Until this point i have never seen someone call out necro about up to date information. Thats just plain stupid.
  • CM_Lee
    CM_Lee
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    Joined Jan 2018 Posts: 418
    Closing this this event is not active. If you have something to say regarding the next S&G, go ahead and post a new thread. Thanks
    VC Community Manager
    Community Rules: CLICK HERE
    Submit a Support Ticket: CLICK HERE
This discussion has been closed.