After all these years...

KrisK
KrisK
Master Tactician
Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 2,499
Google Chrome stops working better than Internet Explorer.  I can still use GC just fine, but not as much stuff will load on it as it does on IE.  Never thought I'd see the day.
  • Ben Palmer
    Ben Palmer
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2011 Posts: 14,383
    edited 10 Mar 2018, 4:50PM
    No app store -> no uBlock Origin 

I'll stick with Chrome 

Edit: Nevermind, you can actually get uBlock for Microsoft Edge. Hmm
    RoyalGuard

• KrisK
    KrisK
    Master Tactician
    What the heck is uBlock? Also, my PC is a Windows Inspiron.
  • Thane Mantis
    Thane Mantis
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jul 2017 Posts: 653
    edited 16 Mar 2018, 4:08PM
    KrisK said:
    uBlock Origin is one of the very many AdBlocker extensions out there for Chrome.  I believe its particularly noteworthy for it being less resource-intensive than its competitors, such as Adblock Plus and so on.
  • Yard
    Yard
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2010 Posts: 11,948

@Thane_Mantis said:
    KrisK said:

uBlock Origin is one of the very many AdBlocker extensions out there for Chrome.  I believe its particularly noteworthy for it being less resource-intensive than its competitors, such as Adblock Plus and so on.

Huh, I still use Adblock on mine. I'll have to try uBlock and see if I notice a difference.

• Thane Mantis
    Thane Mantis
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jul 2017 Posts: 653
    edited 18 Mar 2018, 3:25AM
    Yard said:

Huh, I still use Adblock on mine. I'll have to try uBlock and see if I notice a difference.

Try using Resource Monitor to see what difference it makes. Im curious to see if the difference is noticeable.
  • KrisK
    KrisK
    Master Tactician
    I don't even have adblockers or what have you enabled.  By the by, Chrome is working fine again.  Not sure how the problem started.
  • Yard
    Yard
    Unicorn Overlord

@KrisK said:
    I don't even have adblockers or what have you enabled.  By the by, Chrome is working fine again.  Not sure how the problem started.

Computers are weird sometimes.

• Axel L
    Axel L
    WC Mod
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 10,337
    Yard said:

@KrisK said:

They are so weird that they do exactly what they are told. On the other hand, this is rarely what the user wants the machine to do.
    Video games don't cause violence, lag does.
  • KrisK
    KrisK
    Master Tactician
    Axel L said:
    Yard said:

@KrisK said:

They are so weird that they do exactly what they are told. On the other hand, this is rarely what the user wants the machine to do.
    True that.
  • Yard
    Yard
    Unicorn Overlord

@Axel L said:
    Yard said:

@KrisK said:

It'd be a bit like having a friend that took everything literally.

• KrisK
    KrisK
    Master Tactician
    Yard said:

@Axel L said:
    Yard said:

@KrisK said:

It'd be a bit like having a friend that took everything literally.

Not sure if friends like that would be realistic, but if anyone takes everything literally, that would be genies.