Hero Limitations

ErwinRommel2016
ErwinRommel2016
Minor Nuisance
Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 268
edited 14 Feb 2018, 4:01AM
  We all know that we are only able to deploy 1 Hero at a time on the battle field. So I was wondering if you the WC community would like to see this changed in some sort of way or stay the same. 
  So you WC community please give feedback on this with your constant flow of comments that I desperately so crave. ;) :D ;)

Hero Limitations 76 votes

Keep As Is
30%
Maximus_DestructicusPaul RowleyPascal WolfMr. PhantomSean ScorpionNucking Futsit will fitzderick.reid.37Axel LmutexHeaven Centmichael.roethlinBreaking BarriersRS-GAZA-KAMIKAZsnydershAage Jepsenkixeyeuser_150897889_9106_2342921Red_Handedthe war engineerkixeyeuser_1369478766759_18061_447417777 23 votes
1 Air & 1 Ground
40%
Rob de RAmritpreet DhanjuUSJuggernautBninga1994VermellFredric_PCaesarLKFArthur-1970Too Far GoneBradbunch1234Kingmaker 1no_one_importantRoby - Basescott.swenson.503YOYO_Warriorrmcqu1LadyKat64destroyers xtush123Raven Girl 31 votes
1 of each class
3%
StaimBMajorAzholekixeyeuser_152410294_12590_30305 3 votes
2 Ground & 2 Air
5%
Ray Brechtjcraw472lostangel22Warrior-commander 4 votes
No Limitations At All
19%
G.I.JoseyAgni-KaiUlrich Wastianarjay46DAVIE_DAFTErwinRommel2016N000000BMobley0ChristianinAlienceFBHOWinston9371Cobra AAdumbldorxxCroftYxxxmanreturns 15 votes
  • ErwinRommel2016
    ErwinRommel2016
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 268
    No Limitations At All
    If any of you need clarification for each class choice there would be a total of 4 heroes that can be deployed in a battle 1 for air, 1 for infantry, 1 for light vehicles, and 1 for heavy vehicles/tanks 
  • snydersh
    snydersh
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2014 Posts: 2,873
    Keep As Is
    being able to deploy as many heroes as you want would be pretty powerful, and especially in pve, which would mean all the event bases would need to be made stronger and anyone without all the heroes will lose out.
    don't read the post too long or you might not see me coming up behind you. ;)
  • Maximus_Destructicus
    Maximus_Destructicus
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 3,690
    Keep As Is
    I've not played another game that allows you to use more than one hero at a time.  Many games allow you to use only one hero during an attack, at least this game lets you use several different heroes in one attack, just one at the same time.  Obviously, if more than one hero can be used, then offense becomes too strong and the game balance goes out the window

• dumbldor
    dumbldor
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2016 Posts: 310
    No Limitations At All
    Uniques should have a restriction, not heroes.
  • snydersh
    snydersh
    Unicorn Overlord
    Keep As Is
    dumbldor said:
    why is that? If anything it should be the opposite. heroes grant unit buffs, but uniques all do their own thing. so why limit the "weaker" units and not the "stronger" ones
  • Axel L
    Axel L
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 7,046
    edited 14 Feb 2018, 5:39PM
    Keep As Is
    dumbldor said:
    Then you would not use the standard unit and only use the hero. The hero capacity makes strategies when not using the heroes slightly more effective in many situations and I would guess is was made to avoid making the heroes dominant.

My own preference would be that kixeye would scrap the concept of heroes as I don't want to see a stronger version of a unit.
    Video games don't cause violence, lag does.
  • nametagg0
    nametagg0
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 1,835
    1 Air & 1 Ground

1 air and 1 ground would mechanically make the most sense if we were to change the system. Multiple on either front would be a bit ridiculous though.

@Maximus_Destructicus said:
    I've not played another game that allows you to use more than one hero at a time.  Many games allow you to use only one hero during an attack, at least this game lets you use several different heroes in one attack, just one at the same time.  Obviously, if more than one hero can be used, then offense becomes too strong and the game balance goes out the window

Keep in mind multiple ground heroes being able to be used offensively also means the potential to have multiple heroes placed defensively. Imagine having the firepower of Roland, the ranged fire of a weaver lib team and the support of techs all in the same base. If anything it only means more for both and not really an indirect nerf to either.

@Axel L said:
    dumbldor said:

Then you would not use the standard unit and only use the hero. The hero capacity makes strategies when not using the heroes slightly more effective in many situations and I would guess is was made to avoid making the heroes dominant.

My own preference would be that kixeye would scrap the concept of heroes as I don't want to see a stronger version of a unit.

I guess the jugg owes the vindicator an explanation then.

Photo:
  • Axel L
    Axel L
    Unicorn Overlord
    Keep As Is
    nametagg0 said:

@Axel L said:
    dumbldor said:

I guess the jugg owes the vindicator an explanation then.

At least the Juggernaut isn't a near identical version of the Vindicator. I do also have a very strong opinion about unique units which is that unique units shouldn't have existed in the game. This is mainly because of the fact that they are designed to be OP and they conflict with one of the original concepts of the game which is that WC is a game with "no ultimate units".
  • dumbldor
    dumbldor
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2016 Posts: 310
    No Limitations At All
    Juggernaut hero - destroys base in 1 shot.
    Herald hero - no one can shoot it.
    Rig hero - teleports to another base.
    BO hero - destroys power plants in the whole sector.
    Siege hero - doesnt drop any ravagers but drops siege squadrons.
    Darkstorm hero - all units are melee (including friendly)
  • nametagg0
    nametagg0
    1 Air & 1 Ground
    dumbldor said:
    just use techs, and can you site where the ds reduces all units to melee combat? as i dont recall the range or magnitude of its debuff ever being confirmed. 
    Photo:
  • Axel L
    Axel L
    Unicorn Overlord
    Keep As Is
    dumbldor said:
    We have already got a theoretical hero version for nearly every unique unit which is the Shadow Ops boss unit. However, this version of the unit can only very rarely be used by the player and if I remember correctly, we have only been able to use the Shadow Ops boss units in 1 base every.
  • Kar-Graal
    Kar-Graal
    Master Tactician
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 2,075
      We all know that we are only able to deploy 1 Hero at a time on the battle field. So I was wondering if you the WC community would like to see this changed in some sort of way or stay the same. 
      So you WC community please give feedback on this with your constant flow of comments that I desperately so crave. ;) :D ;)
    Since The Caretakers Came Out We Dont Need New Hero Units Just Fix The Problems What The Game Has
    Sector 177 / 354
    Skills: Legendary Gamer in [War Commander]
    Youtube Nickname: [Kar-Graal]
    No automatic alt text available.
  • USER17
    USER17
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 41
    that can be changed with 'Mods', of the game though. I know some places have secret mods that allow this. Although i can't access it because 'I'm not a trustworthy person'... but yes, such mods exist in this Game!!!
  • Axel L
    Axel L
    Unicorn Overlord
    Keep As Is
    USER17 said:
    that can be changed with 'Mods', of the game though. I know some places have secret mods that allow this. Although i can't access it because 'I'm not a trustworthy person'... but yes, such mods exist in this Game!!!
    Moderators are volunteers to enforce the forum rules and they don't have a  direct hand in the game team discussions.
  • Red_Handed
    Red_Handed
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 1,807
    Keep As Is
    If we get to have multiple heroes deployed at once, so does Kixeye. They already get to cheat like the roaches putting 10 heavy platforms to our 4, 10 bunkers to our 5, support turrets linked to Tesla Tower bastions... I have no desire to fight a level 5 Ardra AND a level 5 Sunder in a final faction mission or any other combination. I have yet to encounter a true NEED to deploy more than one hero at a time. Maybe it would be okay if they allowed 2 of the SF heroes to deploy at a time, but that will never happen. They would need to rewrite some of the code for those heroes to do so since people would find ways to have heroes buff each other, and Kixeye would surely never allow that. We can't get them to fix anything important faster than 6 months and you want them spending their time tweaking the code so we can deploy multiple heroes? That sounds exactly like a terribly unplayable bug waiting to happen.
  • snydersh
    snydersh
    Unicorn Overlord
    Keep As Is
    If we get to have multiple heroes deployed at once, so does Kixeye. They already get to cheat like the roaches putting 10 heavy platforms to our 4, 10 bunkers to our 5, support turrets linked to Tesla Tower bastions... I have no desire to fight a level 5 Ardra AND a level 5 Sunder in a final faction mission or any other combination. I have yet to encounter a true NEED to deploy more than one hero at a time. Maybe it would be okay if they allowed 2 of the SF heroes to deploy at a time, but that will never happen. They would need to rewrite some of the code for those heroes to do so since people would find ways to have heroes buff each other, and Kixeye would surely never allow that. We can't get them to fix anything important faster than 6 months and you want them spending their time tweaking the code so we can deploy multiple heroes? That sounds exactly like a terribly unplayable bug waiting to happen.
    first: kixeye already has used multiple heroes in bases as evidenced by the lower tier valentines base that had sheila and kara in it.
    second: kixeye NEEDS to have much more stuff per base or all the pve will be stupid. without them having whatever they want, every base will need to look like a high end player base and will basically be the exact same thing, and even then it will be easy since kixeye cant control the units in their base.
    third:they would not need to rewrite any code since no heroes buff each other. they all buff certain types of units or certain factions from a certain generation and each hero is from a different category. 

To prove this make a platoon and add a hero, then go to the next tab in the platoon and add another hero, then in the third tab add another and again in the fourth tab. deploy the platoon and have a friend attack it. you will see that none of them buff each other even when all deployed together in one fight.
  • Red_Handed
    Red_Handed
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 1,807
    Keep As Is
    snydersh said:
    first: kixeye already has used multiple heroes in bases as evidenced by the lower tier valentines base that had sheila and kara in it.
    second: kixeye NEEDS to have much more stuff per base or all the pve will be stupid. without them having whatever they want, every base will need to look like a high end player base and will basically be the exact same thing, and even then it will be easy since kixeye cant control the units in their base.
    third:they would not need to rewrite any code since no heroes buff each other. they all buff certain types of units or certain factions from a certain generation and each hero is from a different category. 

To prove this make a platoon and add a hero, then go to the next tab in the platoon and add another hero, then in the third tab add another and again in the fourth tab. deploy the platoon and have a friend attack it. you will see that none of them buff each other even when all deployed together in one fight.
    Kixeye breaks their own rules all the time, we all know that. As it stands, they rarely put two heroes in the same base. If it becomes a mechanic of the game, the occurrences will no doubt increase. Two SF infantry heroes hardly counts as they've been obsolete for a long time. Kara and Sheila might as well be ERM. The bases they've done this in have all been stupid easy, another reason your example barely counts.

Kixeye doesn't NEED to have more than double of some buildings than we can have. Sure they need to come up with new challenging bases on a constant basis, but over populating a base with defensive structures and units is only one of many ways to accomplish that task and it's the only option that is detrimental to the game's performance. All they need is a little creativity and thoughtful consideration but instead they half-@$$ it by slapping together a base that breaks all the rules, hangs while loading, increases the likelihood of a crash and half the player base can't control their units in it. They have exclusive units, exclusive turrets, exclusive platforms... they have air only layouts, caves and one sided deploy bases... they have missile defense, the option to make a base one attack, they can limit what units we can deploy and even totally disable missiles without a bastion or cave... You're telling me they can't come up with a new and challenging base using these assets instead of simply doubling everything we can have and calling it a job well done? Well I believe you!

Brother Jeremiah buffs Warhorses and I thought he buffed all SF units but not according to the Wiki. You got me on that one but Jericho's tactic is still a huge conflict with what this poll is asking for. If someone attacks a platoon with Jericho and other heroes, that's their fault as one hero per squad is a mechanic of the game. Allowing people to DEPLOY two heroes simultaneously however is not.

I'm not going to test it because it's irrelevant. If you NEED to deploy two heroes at the same time you're doing something wrong. It may be helpful to some people, but it's absolutely NOT NECESSARY. People are just looking for a leg up to compensate for their lack of strategic thinking abilities.
  • snydersh
    snydersh
    Unicorn Overlord
    Keep As Is
    snydersh said:

Kixeye breaks their own rules all the time, we all know that. As it stands, they rarely put two heroes in the same base. If it becomes a mechanic of the game, the occurrences will no doubt increase. Two SF infantry heroes hardly counts as they've been obsolete for a long time. Kara and Sheila might as well be ERM. The bases they've done this in have all been stupid easy, another reason your example barely counts.

Kixeye doesn't NEED to have more than double of some buildings than we can have. Sure they need to come up with new challenging bases on a constant basis, but over populating a base with defensive structures and units is only one of many ways to accomplish that task and it's the only option that is detrimental to the game's performance. All they need is a little creativity and thoughtful consideration but instead they half-@$$ it by slapping together a base that breaks all the rules, hangs while loading, increases the likelihood of a crash and half the player base can't control their units in it. They have exclusive units, exclusive turrets, exclusive platforms... they have air only layouts, caves and one sided deploy bases... they have missile defense, the option to make a base one attack, they can limit what units we can deploy and even totally disable missiles without a bastion or cave... You're telling me they can't come up with a new and challenging base using these assets instead of simply doubling everything we can have and calling it a job well done? Well I believe you!

Brother Jeremiah buffs Warhorses and I thought he buffed all SF units but not according to the Wiki. You got me on that one but Jericho's tactic is still a huge conflict with what this poll is asking for. If someone attacks a platoon with Jericho and other heroes, that's their fault as one hero per squad is a mechanic of the game. Allowing people to DEPLOY two heroes simultaneously however is not.

I'm not going to test it because it's irrelevant. If you NEED to deploy two heroes at the same time you're doing something wrong. It may be helpful to some people, but it's absolutely NOT NECESSARY. People are just looking for a leg up to compensate for their lack of strategic thinking abilities.
    I only brought that example to show that its been done before, so even though it wasnt a powerful combo, it shows that there is a precedence. 

I personally think that the player base is a lot better at making bases than kixeye is. Yet, there is no base in the game that cannot be killed in multiple attacks, with as many toons as you want and no one controlling the defending platoon for very little loss. Thats simple fact.....player bases are made strong by the fact that people defend it with their base toon, and because often you dont get to use as many toons as you want. So how should kixeye make a hard base for the last few bases in an event? As it stands, the difficulty of most kixeye bases is certainly reasonable, especially in the last few events, so why complain about this? and its not like this is the only game that does this. look at clash of clans....their pve bases use over capacity buildings at the harder bases and no one complains about it.

To be fair abut jerichos ability......its not a "buff". his buff affects hellhounds only, but his tech is what affects others. but his actual buff has no affect on any other hero. but i hear why it would be bad to mix him with other heroes. 

I agree (as can be seen by my poll choice) that it is certainly not needed and that i think it should not be changed.

• the war engineer
    the war engineer
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 68
    Keep As Is
    never forget jerry's boost , if he is paired with (sunder , ardra or roland) it means total firepower.
    not to mention the new polly and burnside(burnside will probably shoot like crazy and kill anything instantly).
    legendary units aren't weak
  • nametagg0
    nametagg0
    1 Air & 1 Ground

@the war engineer said:
    never forget jerry's boost , if he is paired with (sunder , ardra or roland) it means total firepower.
    not to mention the new polly and burnside(burnside will probably shoot like crazy and kill anything instantly).

Burnside isn't going to be that good in actual combat, can't hit air or floaters and he desperately needed his ring of fire to kill infantry quickly at his maximum level.

Photo:
  • nametagg0
    nametagg0
    1 Air & 1 Ground

@Red_Handed said:

Just use air on the combo you meantioned,
    besides why would kix use our heroes when they already make "bosses" that have twice the power our uniques have?

Photo:
  • Breaking Barriers
    Breaking Barriers
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 701
    Keep As Is
    Axel L said:
    USER17 said:
    Moderators are volunteers to enforce the forum rules and they don't have a  direct hand in the game team discussions.
    Pretty sure he was not referring to war commander game forum moderators, but rather actual in game coding modifications, but for the record Axel bro, based on what's been shoved down our ears the last 2 years from a certain Forum Mod I cannot agree with your statement. For 2 years solid we were told directly by 1 forum Mod being on 3 Separate WC youtube shows that he/she does speak directly with the game team and so so much more.  Even taken credit for at least 3 things that have happened in the game within 2 years, so although I do not think or feel his comment was about forum moderators as mentioned I disagree with your reply to him based on information that has been given to the community in the past away from these forums. No I am not trying to start some drama war on the forums, just sharing factual info based on facts & what we been told in the past. 
    Be Better Than Yesterday & Greater Than The Day Before That. Knowledge Is Power. 
    PAL Admin

• Axel L
    Axel L
    Unicorn Overlord
    Keep As Is
    Axel L said:
    USER17 said:
    Pretty sure he was not referring to war commander game forum moderators, but rather actual in game coding modifications, but for the record Axel bro, based on what's been shoved down our ears the last 2 years from a certain Forum Mod I cannot agree with your statement. For 2 years solid we were told directly by 1 forum Mod being on 3 Separate WC youtube shows that he/she does speak directly with the game team and so so much more.  Even taken credit for at least 3 things that have happened in the game within 2 years, so although I do not think or feel his comment was about forum moderators as mentioned I disagree with your reply to him based on information that has been given to the community in the past away from these forums. No I am not trying to start some drama war on the forums, just sharing factual info based on facts & what we been told in the past. 
    They have a slightly larger availability to contact a kixeye employee which is there main channel but moderators are rarely a part in the meetings were the game is being discussed. I'm referring to the organ that makes the final decisions about the kixeye games and not private chats with kixeye employees.
  • Breaking Barriers
    Breaking Barriers
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 701
    Keep As Is
    Axel L said:
    Axel L said:
    USER17 said:
    They have a slightly larger availability to contact a kixeye employee which is there main channel but moderators are rarely a part in the meetings were the game is being discussed. I'm referring to the organ that makes the final decisions about the kixeye games and not private chats with kixeye employees.
    "and they don't have a  direct hand in the game team discussions."

I was just responding to this part bro and nothing more.  Based on what's been said away from these forums yes 1 forum moderator on at least 3 occasions has claimed that before & after that at least 3 things were done based on their information, ideas & THEIR recommendations being supplied to kixeye. If a forum moderator says they suggested something to kixeye on 3 different occasions and it turned out to be implemented into our game, then yes Sir I'd call that some sort of decision making, regardless of what level of power someone would like to classify it under & if they said it are we not suppose to concur with those beliefs that they played a major role in the process considering it's coming from a Kixeye Forum Moderator ? 

I always always always try to avoid these types of discussions for this very reason & as well at times it brings out the strangest trolls to date surrounding these topics, but I was just wanting to clarify based on 1 players comment, then your reply to their comment. I really do hate getting off topic, but the comments lead us to that point of topic. It has been stated very clearly publicly on more then one occasion that things were implemented into our game based on a forum mods direct contact with kixeye hourly/daily, so I wanted to be exact with the feedback that YES they do play a part in our game it would seem and no not just on these forums. 
    Be Better Than Yesterday & Greater Than The Day Before That. Knowledge Is Power. 
    PAL Admin