What happens when you give companies the power?

Axel L
Axel L
WC Mod
Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 8,823
edited 14 Feb 2018, 9:57PM
What do really happen when the companies get the powers to dominate the universe? This is one of the questions George Carlin tried to answer in one of his public speeches so we can get a deeper understanding of the main goals for companies like Activision, Electronic Arts and the company that shall not be named.

The American Dream by George Carlin

Video games don't cause violence, lag does.
  • Yard
    Yard
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2010 Posts: 11,927

What's the company that shall not be named?

• Axel L
    Axel L
    WC Mod
    Yard said:

What's the company that shall not be named?

Now, the name should be given.
  • Yard
    Yard
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2010 Posts: 11,927

Oh, I just remembered your special way of communicating. Haven't seen that in a while and being on mobile it less less obvious.

I was talking with a friend yesterday about his Disney seems to own everything these days. They almost have a monopoly in some of the things they do. Apple is another massive mega conglomerate.

• Thane Mantis
    Thane Mantis
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jul 2017 Posts: 603
    Axel L said:
    What do really happen when the companies get the powers to dominate the universe?
    You get America.
  • Axel L
    Axel L
    WC Mod
    Axel L said:
    What do really happen when the companies get the powers to dominate the universe?
    You get America.
    Yeah, and even worse is that the competent peoples cannot start to trust anyone. I think one of the advertisements kixeye made is a good analogy. This is due to that the companies kixeye called Janka and Kerpoop as they appear to have shady business practices.

• Axel L
    Axel L
    WC Mod
    edited 15 Feb 2018, 8:49AM
    Yard said:

Oh, I just remembered your special way of communicating. Haven't seen that in a while and being on mobile it less less obvious.

I was talking with a friend yesterday about his Disney seems to own everything these days. They almost have a monopoly in some of the things they do. Apple is another massive mega conglomerate.

There should always be something in the posts that should go unnoticed by some of the forum experts that aren't experienced enough.

Sadly I haven't looked into Disney and studied there business practices. However, Apple in Sweden got recently caught for making updates that are designed to reduce the performance and make there older machines run slightly slower over time. This was probably due to increasing the sales of the latest model.