Bounty Tactics

Jay T
Jay T
Potential Threat
Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 41
So with all the changes Kixeye have done over the last few weeks making everyones bases weaker I'm curious to see how the next bounty won't become an absolute mess.. Most will be playing with dead bases or frubbling with a select partner much like what happened in the first bounty making points impossible to get and the potential to put in alot of hard work, time and money just to end up with nothing. Is their much point in even trying anymore?
  • BadVenomHurricane
    BadVenomHurricane
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Nov 2016 Posts: 640
    My bounty will be pretty much the same as last time.
  • Jay T
    Jay T
    Potential Threat
    My bounty will be pretty much the same as last time.
    That may be but i remember many of your alli playing with dead bases in the first bounty and I'm hoping kixeye can make a fast fix for this so it dont happen again
  • U C ME-RETIRED
    U C ME-RETIRED
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 602
    Things have been changed after first bounty dead bases wont get points unless they login every 12 hours 
  • Jay T
    Jay T
    Potential Threat
    U C ME said:
    Things have been changed after first bounty dead bases wont get points unless they login every 12 hours 
    So you're saying if you play the game with your base dead and you hit another base you wont get points?
  • Dazandren
    Dazandren
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,303
    Jay T said:
    So with all the changes Kixeye have done over the last few weeks making everyones bases weaker I'm curious to see how the next bounty won't become an absolute mess.. Most will be playing with dead bases or frubbling with a select partner much like what happened in the first bounty making points impossible to get and the potential to put in alot of hard work, time and money just to end up with nothing. Is their much point in even trying anymore?
    not sure what you mean about bases getting weaker.  my base has not changed significantly, think i have another turret up to level 9 since last time.  having said that, the last two kw/bus/sloth fleets that hit me have either been significantly damaged or destroyed.

i was never able to even really scratch them before, so i don't think bases are weaker as you say.  not based on my experience, anyway.
  • Jay T
    Jay T
    Potential Threat
    edited 13 Feb 2018, 5:09PM
    Dazandren said:
    Jay T said:
    not sure what you mean about bases getting weaker.  my base has not changed significantly, think i have another turret up to level 9 since last time.  having said that, the last two kw/bus/sloth fleets that hit me have either been significantly damaged or destroyed.

i was never able to even really scratch them before, so i don't think bases are weaker as you say.  not based on my experience, anyway.
    Turrets are weaker now as kixeye changed all the bonuses we could amass.. give me your coords and i will show you what will happen every time you get some bounty  (unless you play with a dead base) End of the day this post was made for kixeye (as they suggest to go to forums with issues) not for every player in bp to chime in.. next time I'll go back to sending in tickets 
  • Cathedral_Rock
    Cathedral_Rock
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 8,604
    more to base defense than turrets.....
    last couple of bounties, I ran into very few trying to use the "dead base" trick.....
    "Every time there is a change in the game it seems the general reply is a complaint about the changes before they ever happen.  However every time the game changes we use strategy and adapt to the changes and we get used to them. .....without these changes, the game would become boring." -captaindirty 10/31/2017
  • Dazandren
    Dazandren
    Incursion Leader
    Jay T said:
    Dazandren said:
    Jay T said:

Turrets are weaker now as kixeye changed all the bonuses we could amass.. give me your coords and i will show you what will happen every time you get some bounty  (unless you play with a dead base)
    just a wee bit east of the 104 north tower.  not claiming to be a tough base, just remarking that what i have does not seem to me to have been weakened.
  • Laredo
    Laredo
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 16,888
    Since BH has been changing with each release, I'd expect more changes with the next one.
  • Jay T
    Jay T
    Potential Threat
    edited 13 Feb 2018, 5:15PM
    more to base defense than turrets.....
    last couple of bounties, I ran into very few trying to use the "dead base" trick.....
    I totally agree, the last couple of bounties have been fine but i see this next one being just like the first.. I'm here trying to keep event fair for all, if it goes to crap I and many others will keep walking away from the game and then none of you will have anyone to hit in the end 
  • Jay T
    Jay T
    Potential Threat
    Dazandren said:
    Jay T said:
    Dazandren said:
    Jay T said:

Turrets are weaker now as kixeye changed all the bonuses we could amass.. give me your coords and i will show you what will happen every time you get some bounty  (unless you play with a dead base)
    just a wee bit east of the 104 north tower.  not claiming to be a tough base, just remarking that what i have does not seem to me to have been weakened.
    Hard to make a howie any weaker
  • Dazandren
    Dazandren
    Incursion Leader
    Jay T said:
    Dazandren said:
    Jay T said:
    Dazandren said:
    Jay T said:

Hard to make a howie any weaker
    come on over and see if you can find a howie  lol
  • Joe_B222
    Joe_B222
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 1,134
    Jay T said:
    bases are the same today as they were last bounty..
    not too sure what you are getting at

• Jay T
    Jay T
    Potential Threat
    Joe_B222 said:
    Jay T said:

you have under 200 medals so you dont coin anything and you dont hit decent bases yet im to go by your observations??? 
  • John1975
    John1975
    Master Tactician
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 2,318
    1. Start the bounty right before the first grant as in 5 min before so you 2x 800 off top have couple fleets in some bandits as soon as the grant hits you band exact amount.

2. Go drop a Nuc on one the top players Dock. They are sure to come flat you even though you are worth 0.  Now use your 4hr bubble to farm bandits non stop get next bank in.

3. Drop bubble repaeat step 2.

When you are done for the night and have bounty out do the same in step 2 so you worth less than them but close out the game while they are flating you and done log back in untill next day when you can play. Being as you closed the game anyone else that hist base will be dead. When you log in again normally after reset or you get the 800 grant and most likely bank. 
    BadMoFo RYFG TTMX Level 97
  • Joe_B222
    Joe_B222
    Incursion Leader
    edited 13 Feb 2018, 6:39PM
    Jay T said:
    Joe_B222 said:
    Jay T said:

you have under 200 medals so you dont coin anything and you dont hit decent bases yet im to go by your observations??? 
    This is a second forum account as my first is banned  lowest medal count I have had has been this week at 450, when I dumped almost 120 medals. 

I havent even had a hit in the last 3 bounties.   so ya lets go by my observations.

• Jay T
    Jay T
    Potential Threat
    Joe_B222 said:
    Jay T said:
    Joe_B222 said:
    Jay T said:

This is a second forum account as my first is banned  lowest medal count I have had has been this week at 450, when I dumped almost 120 medals. 

I havent even had a hit in the last 3 bounties.   so ya lets go by my observations.

bring it big boy 
  • Joe_B222
    Joe_B222
    Incursion Leader
    Jay T said:
    Joe_B222 said:
    Jay T said:
    Joe_B222 said:
    Jay T said:

bring it big boy 
    im not the one saying BH is broken..  or puffing his chest saying gimmie coords now am I..

• Jay T
    Jay T
    Potential Threat
    Joe_B222 said:
    Jay T said:
    Joe_B222 said:
    Jay T said:
    Joe_B222 said:
    Jay T said:

bring it big boy 
    im not the one saying BH is broken..  or puffing his chest saying gimmie coords now am I..

Last bounty bases was a challenge hence why so few noobs/ex hackers like yourself didnt hit anyone of any stature. now everyone can be run over like i wish to show you big man 
  • Joe_B222
    Joe_B222
    Incursion Leader
    Jay T said:
    Joe_B222 said:
    Jay T said:
    Joe_B222 said:
    Jay T said:
    Joe_B222 said:
    Jay T said:

bring it big boy 

Last bounty bases was a challenge hence why so few noobs/ex hackers like yourself didnt hit anyone of any stature. now everyone can be run over like i wish to show you big man 
    now im an ex-hacker?  please my forum account got banned cause I called the CM and the mods a lot of choice 4 letter words..

70E tower..  cant miss me

• Cathedral_Rock
    Cathedral_Rock
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 8,604
    Wow Joe....he sure seems to know a lot about you, doesn't he?

"Every time there is a change in the game it seems the general reply is a complaint about the changes before they ever happen.  However every time the game changes we use strategy and adapt to the changes and we get used to them. .....without these changes, the game would become boring." -captaindirty 10/31/2017
  • gypsyvixcent
    gypsyvixcent
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 268
    Jay T said:
    Totally agree. The shift in being able to defend your base is ridiculous. We have gone from having a strong base to struggling to defend. Regardless of how much retroing you do, turrets do pretty much sweet FA. Why nerf turrets and then bring out a massively overpowered ship that wouldn't have been damaged much by the turrets anyway? That is a double kick in the pants. Thanks for having the balls to say something, even though it clearly was going to get trolled. You are not allowed an opinion on here - we know this.
  • Capt Tim Hensley
    Capt Tim Hensley
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 85
    i think the point system needs to be changed, you hit a dozen bases thats dead to find 1 thats alive, and they need to adjust the points once you get to a high lvl of points, the bases get very slim if not non exsistant, i think all bases playing bounty should be worth points, reguardless of how many points you have, i personally hate hitting the bounty bases for points, i believe if your doing bounty, the players bases should be worth points, insted of giving a select few bases to hit.
    Just because you can, doesn't mean you should. If u do, do it right and with BBQ sauce!!!
  • Capt Tim Hensley
    Capt Tim Hensley
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 85
    also with the introduction of the higher lvl targets like the 99s and the 87s, there needs to be more points awarded, the higher the target, the more points it needs to pay, i mean you take more damage in the 99s and the 87s and get the same points as the 98s and the 86s, come on now, give more points for the higher targets, and not buff them to crazy amounts of damage, the bounty is the best event kix has came out with in a long time, thats fun, and just a few little improvements to the bounty, can make it really enjoyable, thats all im saying, and you would see a better player involvement.
    Just because you can, doesn't mean you should. If u do, do it right and with BBQ sauce!!!
  • Storm_Troopers
    Storm_Troopers
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 344
    Its a PvP game, it has been unfair for years now, some guys will always find a way to complain whatever Kix do. If you're being hit well its sad but its a part of the game. And its also a Strategy Game, manage to get 400 points then Log off for 12 hours come back just before the 2nd Bonus grant drops and here you go you secured 2000.
  • Laredo
    Laredo
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 16,888
    I'm leaving this open in hopes it can continue to be some what of a discussion thread.  So lets keep it civil and a discussion that stays on topic please.
  • VvVvVvVvV
    VvVvVvVvV
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 790
    The introduction of the Bandit targets and the unevenness of hitting bases threatens to turn this into another PVE event. 

Seems like there is no reason for the full spectrum of players to participate, it seems mostly that 90+ players participate. 

And that makes sense -- anytime a level 60 bases starts to accumulate a fair amount of Bounty points, a level 80 can come along and flatten him -- so why bother?

And from what I saw of the bandit targets, they're geared toward upper-level players, again, the lower-levels are shut-out. 

I'd like to see Bounty work, it seems like it's on the right track, but I'm not optimistic it won't turn into another Big Players bully the Little Players. or turn into mostly yet another PVE waste of time. 

Battle Pirates -- 5 minutes of game play, 12 hours of repair

“Too many F2P games focus on whale spending. Pay to win is not a sustainable model for the games ecosystem.” -- Will Harbin interview on GamesBeat, Oct 2014
  • Joe_B222
    Joe_B222
    Incursion Leader
    VvVvVvVvV said:
    The introduction of the Bandit targets and the unevenness of hitting bases threatens to turn this into another PVE event. 

Seems like there is no reason for the full spectrum of players to participate, it seems mostly that 90+ players participate. 

And that makes sense -- anytime a level 60 bases starts to accumulate a fair amount of Bounty points, a level 80 can come along and flatten him -- so why bother?

And from what I saw of the bandit targets, they're geared toward upper-level players, again, the lower-levels are shut-out. 

I'd like to see Bounty work, it seems like it's on the right track, but I'm not optimistic it won't turn into another Big Players bully the Little Players. or turn into mostly yet another PVE waste of time. 

bounty will always be a PvE event with a splattering of PvB mixed in..

I know I will hit bases to start, till I cannot crack any of the bases offered.  Bank on PvE targets, and start over.
    Unless they drastically inflate the amount of bounty in the system, you will always be dependent on jackpot spawns for the 10k and 52k banks.

.. which is bad.

• U C ME-RETIRED
    U C ME-RETIRED
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 602
    For me some things has to be changed in bounty people getting top bounty prizes is getting decreasing every bounty.

1.  There should not be much defense buff for op (i lost on few battles on op and few others lost on mine even with crew).
    2.  The bubble protection has to be like at least 6+ hours
    3.  Fixed time for jackpot bounty targets
    4.  One alliance should not hold more than one golden nexus (least preference)
  • Fractal
    Fractal
    Master Tactician
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 2,366
    U C ME said:
    For me some things has to be changed in bounty people getting top bounty prizes is getting decreasing every bounty.

4.  One alliance should not hold more than one golden nexus (least preference)
    Why not?  If an alliance tries to hold more than 1 nexus, it thins their fleets out, making them weaker and more susceptible to takeover. Its a risk they take so why shouldn't they reap the reward?
    Playing since Feb 2012.  Originally sector 304