200 Salvage Question

Zam
Zam
Incursion Leader
Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 1,459
What is a good fleet to take one of these down?  I am somewhat limited at this point, but what are some of the different fleets that people use?
Zam

Sectors visited: 121, 432, 433, 236, 394, 271, 251, 246, 36, 350, 307, 238, 334, 296, 91, 337, 255
  • Petushock
    Petushock
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2017 Posts: 562
    1 Sub t2+ with trick or something with pen\rad resistances
    I'm new, started in Nov 2017, not coiner, low-mid player. Apparently im high lvl now, cause able to get everything from raid. Whiners gonna whine.
  • Bob_62
    Bob_62
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 365
    skyfires...fangs...phoenix...plus I'm sure a few other hulls can do it too
  • Ax Bd
    Ax Bd
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 78
    Fangs, can do with zero damage
  • Zam
    Zam
    Incursion Leader
    Laredo said:
    Zam said:
    What is a good fleet to take one of these down?  I am somewhat limited at this point, but what are some of the different fleets that people use?
    Here's the thing others are leaving out.  Go in from the north and take out the two missile ships with any sub.  Be aware to let the V2H's be away from them so as not to spot you.  After that you just clean up the rest of the target since they can't hit submerged subs.
    Thanks!
    Zam

Sectors visited: 121, 432, 433, 236, 394, 271, 251, 246, 36, 350, 307, 238, 334, 296, 91, 337, 255
  • TRUCULENT2
    TRUCULENT2
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 1,971
    Until I had fangs I used a HW fleet with a gb lead. Enter from the left, send my HW north and use the gb to draw the fleet... after the V2 kill the gb they return to the center and I used the HW to kill the missile mastadons. Once those were gone, as long as I didnt surface, nothing on the other ships could hurt me even after being spotted, and I sent my HW into the center of their circle. 
    2 Months ago it was just a finger, then it was two. Last month it was the fist, and last week to the elbow....
  • John Seymour
    John Seymour
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 848
    I use HW to auto the 100's for free. It flips the sector switch as well. 
    The existence of the sea means the existence of pirates

Improvise, adapt, and overcome

Learn from your mistake

Accept nothing challenge everything

• Dazandren
    Dazandren
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,329
    Until I had fangs I used a HW fleet with a gb lead. Enter from the left, send my HW north and use the gb to draw the fleet... after the V2 kill the gb they return to the center and I used the HW to kill the missile mastadons. Once those were gone, as long as I didnt surface, nothing on the other ships could hurt me even after being spotted, and I sent my HW into the center of their circle. 
    used to do something similar with tiger sharks.

now i just use fangs, come in at 2 o'clock, and let them auto
  • SoggyMango
    SoggyMango
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 157
    You've got to ask why you want to hit the 200s. The sole purpose of this target is to boost the Sector threat. There is little else to be gained from killing the target. The same applies to the 100 elite.
    But as already stated there are a number of ways to tackle the target. A lot of people use a Gunboat decoy and Hellwraith subs on the 200s that is. Not seen anybody kill a 100 in ages but the go to hull was the Apollo.
    You are entitled to your opinion just not entitled to give it
  • Zam
    Zam
    Incursion Leader
    You've got to ask why you want to hit the 200s. The sole purpose of this target is to boost the Sector threat. There is little else to be gained from killing the target. The same applies to the 100 elite.
    But as already stated there are a number of ways to tackle the target. A lot of people use a Gunboat decoy and Hellwraith subs on the 200s that is. Not seen anybody kill a 100 in ages but the go to hull was the Apollo.
    you hit the nail on the head.  It is to raise the sector threat and that is all.  For me, it is a matter of not being dependent on others to do it for me.  I tried it with my partially finished fangs and it didn't go well.  I have some work to do and some tech to get.
    Zam

• Dazandren
    Dazandren
    Incursion Leader
    well....duh!  lmao
  • Zam
    Zam
    Incursion Leader
    As an aside:  I don't have magnus drive 3, only 2.  Can I get away with Mag 2 on this target and other commonly hit targets of fangs?  I also don't have torp tubes either, which seems to be an absolute must...working on that though.
    Zam

• Dazandren
    Dazandren
    Incursion Leader
    Zam said:
    As an aside:  I don't have magnus drive 3, only 2.  Can I get away with Mag 2 on this target and other commonly hit targets of fangs?  I also don't have torp tubes either, which seems to be an absolute must...working on that though.
    need to make sure cloak efficiency is as high as possible.  if the v2s even sniff you before the missile ships get sunk you are dead