CONTACT discussion Thread

14567810»
  • karthik Gopalan
    karthik Gopalan
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2015 Posts: 421
    If you have 5 enforcers with diff 3 shields and EXAL heavy tungsten armour. and a carrier with the same armour, and make sure u have plenty of dps in your ships, the 70's are doable with a 3% damage, 80's with 6% damage. I used all non-xeno eclipse drivers on my enforcers. three of them were mk5. I believe I could have fared better if I had xeno eclipse drivers. Just so folks know, it is doable with acceptable damage. Just need to energy based defenses. I had shared the video, as to how to do it, earlier. I didnt do it. Someone else made the vid. I just followed it! 
  • dom.friant
    dom.friant
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 1,603
    Dan_F135 said:
    I'm just gonna point out Kixeye that withholding the shipfactory 13  upgrade until the event update was an absolutely dishonorable thing to do. Players have been spending months on the resent base upgrades to complete them before the release of tier 7. A lot of players, myself included, felt that if we put in the time & effort to do this we would be all set to start the new season. Makes sense right??? Well apparently NOT. Kixeye, you withheld the critical ship factory 13 upgrade till just before the event hit and it just happens to be required to use the new hulls? Really!

Even if we just happen to have the resources lying around for such an upgrade AND our upgrade queue is empty, it still takes 9 days+ to upgrade the necessary module to start building the new cruiser. This essentially sets most of your average players that do not coin but thought they were all ready to go back by about 1 week before they can even start building the new stuff. So not only are we behind coining players cuz of coin but also cuz of your fail to release the upgrade with all the rest of them for factory 13.

Never mind that the dmg output on the fleet targets is way too high. The event fleets are absurdly imbalanced. I know I've seen a handful of players that just happened to have just the right amount of energy resist on enuff ships to make the event achievable, BUT I'm seeing a lot of players struggling simply due to which resistors they chose last season (nvm that last season was almost entirely explosive and projectile resistance mandatory) lol.

I think you could have at least released ship factory 13 months ago with all the other upgrades so we were ready fit to use the hull and tech if we unlocked them this event. Instead you you INTENTIONALLY screwed with your players. I suspect you will lose a lot of players when they coin for a hull and tech they should be able to immediately use but they can't. Maybe this was an oversight BUT i know you guys better than most after playing this game for several years now.

I'm done with my soapbox for now. But seriously KIXEYE!
    i have had ship fact 13 for quite awhile, i'm not sure what your saying here. in fact it was announced back in november.
    https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/718971

I think what he may be saying is that Kixeye made no specific announcement about the fact that factory 13 and ship lab 12 are required to build the new ship until it was released. In other words, no advanced notice. Many of us planned differently. My incorrect guess was that fleet bay upgrades were more pressing due to the ship mass hinted at in the season announcement. I could be mis-reading his post though...
    Because I like the Condor!
    http://i.imgur.com/80deZPv.png
  • Gary Pollock
    Gary Pollock
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2016 Posts: 774

@karthik Gopalan said:
    If you have 5 enforcers with diff 3 shields and EXAL heavy tungsten armour. and a carrier with the same armour, and make sure u have plenty of dps in your ships, the 70's are doable with a 3% damage, 80's with 6% damage. I used all non-xeno eclipse drivers on my enforcers. three of them were mk5. I believe I could have fared better if I had xeno eclipse drivers. Just so folks know, it is doable with acceptable damage. Just need to energy based defenses. I had shared the video, as to how to do it, earlier. I didnt do it. Someone else made the vid. I just followed it!

Don't you mean ENAL heavy tungsten armor?

• Gary Pollock
    Gary Pollock
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2016 Posts: 774

@dom.friant said:
    Dan_F135 said:

Master Baku said:

I'm just gonna point out Kixeye that withholding the shipfactory 13  upgrade until the event update was an absolutely dishonorable thing to do. Players have been spending months on the resent base upgrades to complete them before the release of tier 7. A lot of players, myself included, felt that if we put in the time & effort to do this we would be all set to start the new season. Makes sense right??? Well apparently NOT. Kixeye, you withheld the critical ship factory 13 upgrade till just before the event hit and it just happens to be required to use the new hulls? Really!

Even if we just happen to have the resources lying around for such an upgrade AND our upgrade queue is empty, it still takes 9 days+ to upgrade the necessary module to start building the new cruiser. This essentially sets most of your average players that do not coin but thought they were all ready to go back by about 1 week before they can even start building the new stuff. So not only are we behind coining players cuz of coin but also cuz of your fail to release the upgrade with all the rest of them for factory 13.

Never mind that the dmg output on the fleet targets is way too high. The event fleets are absurdly imbalanced. I know I've seen a handful of players that just happened to have just the right amount of energy resist on enuff ships to make the event achievable, BUT I'm seeing a lot of players struggling simply due to which resistors they chose last season (nvm that last season was almost entirely explosive and projectile resistance mandatory) lol.

I think you could have at least released ship factory 13 months ago with all the other upgrades so we were ready fit to use the hull and tech if we unlocked them this event. Instead you you INTENTIONALLY screwed with your players. I suspect you will lose a lot of players when they coin for a hull and tech they should be able to immediately use but they can't. Maybe this was an oversight BUT i know you guys better than most after playing this game for several years now.

I'm done with my soapbox for now. But seriously KIXEYE!

i have had ship fact 13 for quite awhile, i'm not sure what your saying here. in fact it was announced back in november.
    https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/718971

I think what he may be saying is that Kixeye made no specific announcement about the fact that factory 13 and ship lab 12 are required to build the new ship until it was released. In other words, no advanced notice. Many of us planned differently. My incorrect guess was that fleet bay upgrades were more pressing due to the ship mass hinted at in the season announcement. I could be mis-reading his post

though...

When that was posted about module upgrades I had a feeling all was needed for T7, quite lucky as just nearing last upgrade, ship lab to 12.

• GoldenGunner.PT
    GoldenGunner.PT
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2017 Posts: 56

am I blind , I didn't see any response from kixeye  after 10 pages of comments regards the bastion cruiser power,

whats going to be done about it?

if nothing, better to shut the game off

• Rapture90
    Rapture90
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2014 Posts: 318

am I blind , I didn't see any response from kixeye  after 10 pages of comments regards the bastion cruiser power,

whats going to be done about it?

if nothing, better to shut the game off

its to reward coiners that coin
  • laterne.sms
    laterne.sms
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 35
    10 pages and no reaction except the event extension ...
    the cm's have certainly muzzled and the Dev team was on vacation for the event.
    otherwise I can not explain this garbage event.

• bupemko
    bupemko
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 101
    I don't coin and I was able to clear the event store by autoing 60s for a few hours using cruisers and a paladin so stop whining...
  • GoldenGunner.PT
    GoldenGunner.PT
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2017 Posts: 56
    bupemko said:
    I don't coin and I was able to clear the event store by autoing 60s for a few hours using cruisers and a paladin so stop whining...

whos talking about the event????  store was clear in a few hours. (not much prizes anyway), some didn't have the same luck since whales started flying that monster, how's possible elite enforcer fleet  level 99  only gives 10%  damage to a bastion cruiser fleet level 90.,   the xp of that beast needs to be changed.

when punisher got released, we were able to use hellfires to kill it with no issues. that's why we call it battleships.  cruiser its a tank  not a long range ship.

• Astrobot31
    Astrobot31
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 127

@CM_LEE is it true that the Bastian BP pieces will be 2 million PER PEICE the next time they are offered?

• Demopans
    Demopans
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2017 Posts: 132

@Astrobot31 said:
    @CM_LEE is it true that the Bastian BP pieces will be 2 million PER PEICE the next time they are offered?

Yep. One of the mods coinfirmed it.

• shyva prime
    shyva prime
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 154
    I have not seen any mods or cm saying it will cost 2 million .. so I'm not sure what to say
  • Chili Industries Ltd
    Chili Industries Ltd
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2014 Posts: 527
    Demopans said:

@Astrobot31 said:

375k per piece. Max 4 of the 8 pieces needed, though, per event. So, 3 million for the full BP.

https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/727019

• Rapture90
    Rapture90
    Skilled Warrior
    Demopans said:

@Astrobot31 said:

375k per piece. Max 4 of the 8 pieces needed, though, per event. So, 3 million for the full BP.

so the full bp is now more expnsive if you look at the whole picture, its a bit like those tokens in the store 12 hour token is more expensive than 3 4 hour tokens............. kixeyee are getting even more greeedy with seperating these blueprints, making us either struggle farming the points are spam coins
  • karthik Gopalan
    karthik Gopalan
    Skilled Warrior
    edited 14 Feb 2018, 9:34AM
    Rapture90 said:
    Demopans said:

@Astrobot31 said:

so the full bp is now more expnsive if you look at the whole picture, its a bit like those tokens in the store 12 hour token is more expensive than 3 4 hour tokens............. kixeyee are getting even more greeedy with seperating these blueprints, making us either struggle farming the points are spam coins
    I don't think you quite get what is being said. He said 3M if you acquire the BP piece by piece. Which you can do so if you do not have the time or the fleets to hit the fleets during events. Hence, I can get one BP piece at a time, should I see fit, for 375k  EACH EVENT . It will still be 2M if you get it in one go. Seriously it's not that hard to comprehend. 
  • Rapture90
    Rapture90
    Skilled Warrior
    clearly you misunderstood teh its mroe expensive it should be the same cost spread out in pieces not cost you more
  • karthik Gopalan
    karthik Gopalan
    Skilled Warrior

@Rapture90 said:
    clearly you misunderstood teh its mroe expensive it should be the same cost spread out in pieces not cost you more

If its the same price, what is the point of me putting in an effort and getting it at one shot.?

• Cyrus Leung
    Cyrus Leung
    VC Mod
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 3,101
    Demopans said:

@Astrobot31 said:

I was making a joke, thought everyone would have gotten that.
  • SEAL Corps1
    SEAL Corps1
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 1,591
    Demopans said:

@Astrobot31 said:

I was making a joke, thought everyone would have gotten that.
    Sarcasm doesn't resonate well, unless it's specified. No offense, but a bit of misinformation like that will cause an uproar. Also, when I saw that, I waited and see if Lee would verify it. 
    Don't screw with me, I'm an Engineer. | Read this if you're jailed/banned.

VC News Hub Discord Server: https://discord.gg/Ewvt3zY
  • duzertozer
    duzertozer
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 203
    edited 17 Feb 2018, 7:42AM

new season +everything you hate about vega x 2 lol what a disappointment

I've said it before and ill say it again. ill gladly pay a reasonable price to play a fun game but this has again gotten out of hand. Reel it back please.

and don't say fleets are the same when they are not...

• Deathkill64
    Deathkill64
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 4

make us all a favor schut this **** game down

• Jay Isall
    Jay Isall
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2018 Posts: 49

Why was this topic merged with another topic that has nothing to do with it?

• CM_Lee
    CM_Lee
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    Joined Jan 2018 Posts: 324
    Accidental merge, I moved everything out that was meant to go in another thread.
    VC Community Manager
    Community Rules: CLICK HERE
    Submit a Support Ticket: CLICK HERE
14567810»