Coin offers. Why are obsolete ships and packs offered?

ORIGINAL GOOGEN
ORIGINAL GOOGEN
Potential Threat
Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 50
@CMLee Can you clarify why obsolete tech is offered to end gamers frequently as in every 2nd day minimum?

You Kix just offered punishers which from what I saw during the event were as effective as a midget in a slap down rhodeo. (2 tiers Behind current as "excellent value")

Your offers are missleading and erronous as to their actual value.

Can you at least just make a table listing of what you can buy for coins, discount the crap and make purchases of a little more value?
  • Soldat Vaillant
    Soldat Vaillant
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2018 Posts: 13
    they're not obsolete to everyone, there are players of all levels playing the game
  • Nightmare Deathlock
    Nightmare Deathlock
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2014 Posts: 8,692

@Soldat Vaillant said:
    they're not obsolete to everyone, there are players of all levels playing the game

Not everyone gets the same offer last i checked

born in sector 1100

alliance: LORD (VC only)

VC: lv42 base (only game worth playing) likes to mess with noobs. loves being an insector (who doesnt? lol)

BP: lv46 base (i think) retired

WC: lv14 base (i think) hate this game...

• Soldat Vaillant
    Soldat Vaillant
    Greenhorn

right now it's Apocrypha hulls and Punisher ship packages and Mk upgrade packages.  it was just the Punishers for a few days, until about an hour or two ago

pervious packages were Annihilator, before that was Guardian

what are you seeing?  These are in the coin package section. of the store

I remember the random offers being player or level specific, but I haven't really checked on these

• Soldat Vaillant
    Soldat Vaillant
    Greenhorn
    edited 13 Feb 2018, 7:03PM

• joseph stone0
    joseph stone0
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 89

Greed. Thats my answer and im sticking to it.

• CM_Lee
    CM_Lee
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    Joined Jan 2018 Posts: 75
    Offers will change and so will the content. But offers in the general sense are still freebies for purchasing a coin pack so thats always something to consider. 
    VC Community Manager
    Community Rules: CLICK HERE
    Submit a Support Ticket: CLICK HERE
  • khanibk
    khanibk
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2015 Posts: 190

Why we are even discussing this. Let it be. Maybe its usefull for some one.
    You dont have to say every thig every time.

• Soldat Vaillant
    Soldat Vaillant
    Greenhorn

Greed. Thats my answer and im sticking to it.

well, you got to respect a man who will commit to something, so, kudos to you sir :)
  • Paul Welch
    Paul Welch
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2017 Posts: 181

Kix should not sell deals with old ships without saying what tier they are and what current tier we are on. Punishers still have some usefulness now but idk for how much longer. And there is no excuse for the dread battleship deals. It is deceptive and it just adds bad will and gets people who feel cheated from a bad deal to not buy anything else.

• Soldat Vaillant
    Soldat Vaillant
    Greenhorn

I'm using the Dread right now, usable or not just depends on your current player level

• Nightmare Deathlock
    Nightmare Deathlock
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2014 Posts: 8,692

@Soldat Vaillant said:
    I'm using the Dread right now, usable or not just depends on your current player level

Again, highly depends on who gets it, i doubt everyone gets the same exact deal unless its tied to the event. So someone getting say... Rancors, may be a t6 player who doesnt even need it

born in sector 1100

alliance: LORD (VC only)

VC: lv42 base (only game worth playing) likes to mess with noobs. loves being an insector (who doesnt? lol)

BP: lv46 base (i think) retired

WC: lv14 base (i think) hate this game...

• Eric_D_01
    Eric_D_01
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2017 Posts: 97
    edited 15 Feb 2018, 6:36AM

right now it's Apocrypha hulls and Punisher ship packages and Mk upgrade packages.  it was just the Punishers for a few days, until about an hour or two ago

pervious packages were Annihilator, before that was Guardian

what are you seeing?  These are in the coin package section. of the store

I remember the random offers being player or level specific, but I haven't really checked on these

Saw the same offers recently and the current Decimator packages, I'm also seeing Python right now.  Seems they have a standard offer (currently the Decimator), but will add others (Python) to target specific levels or possibly players. I know some games will send unique offers if you haven't logged on for a while.  Kixeye may do the same. 
  • Soldat Vaillant
    Soldat Vaillant
    Greenhorn
    edited 15 Feb 2018, 6:51AM
    Eric_D_01 said:
    Saw the same offers recently and the current Decimator packages, I'm also seeing Python right now.  Seems they have a standard offer (currently the Decimator), but will add others (Python) to target specific levels or possibly players. I know some games will send unique offers if you haven't logged on for a while.  Kixeye may do the same. 

nope, no Pythons in my offers

EDIE: I did see Exodus cruisers with one of the other offers, forgot about those.

• Jean-paul Albri
    Jean-paul Albri
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2017 Posts: 39

Don't insult my lovely punisher.
    It's funny how my guards were obliterate by the bastion event fleet and my punisher oblitaratet them.
    Maybe it was just the fact that the punisher had 60% energy damage reduction