Best looking Halo 5 medal?

Axel L
Axel L
WC Mod
Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 10,184
edited 22 Jan 2018, 9:03PM
Sadly there hasn't been that much content on off topic recently so I decided to make this thread. The question is simple, which of these 270 Halo 5 are the nicest looking in your book. Sadly, if I posted it on the halo forums, the results would be far from objective.
Finally, I have to add that for a large portion of these medals are completely unknown to the community that they exist and some of them are based on my current understanding of Halo 5 impossible to get.
Video games don't cause violence, lag does.
  • Yard
    Yard
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2010 Posts: 11,948

Is that the Pepsi logo?

I quite like the ones with the square yellow backgrounds.

• Yard
    Yard
    Unicorn Overlord

Apparently they aren't that well liked, Axel. Lol.

• Axel L
    Axel L
    WC Mod
    Yard said:

The community has actually preferred Bungie's medal designs as they were slightly more unique and in my opinion in addition to that slightly better designed.
  • PalTheCow
    PalTheCow
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2011 Posts: 2,988
    The one with the bull looks pretty cool.
    Moo
  • Yard
    Yard
    Unicorn Overlord

@Axel L said:
    Yard said:

The community has actually preferred Bungie's medal designs as they were slightly more unique and in my opinion in addition to that slightly better designed.

I'd agree, I liked the old Bungie ones. From what I've seen of these, Bungie's medals were more unique, whereas a lot of these look really similar. Maybe it's partly due to how many there are. Do you have a similar chart of, say, Halo 3's medals for comparison?

• Axel L
    Axel L
    WC Mod
    Yard said:

@Axel L said:
    Yard said:

I'd agree, I liked the old Bungie ones. From what I've seen of these, Bungie's medals were more unique, whereas a lot of these look really similar. Maybe it's partly due to how many there are. Do you have a similar chart of, say, Halo 3's medals for comparison?

I don't think so as this chart was extracted from Halo Waypoint and I extracted it just when checking for images hidden behind the page sources.
  • Yard
    Yard
    Unicorn Overlord

@Axel L said:
    Yard said:

@Axel L said:

Yard said:

I don't think so as this chart was extracted from Halo Waypoint and I extracted it just when checking for images hidden behind the page sources.

That's a shame.

What do you think of Halo's new art style in general, Axel? Personally I've found myself liking it less and less beginning with Reach.

• Axel L
    Axel L
    WC Mod
    edited 27 Jan 2018, 11:11AM
    Yard said:

@Axel L said:
    Yard said:

@Axel L said:

Yard said:

That's a shame.

What do you think of Halo's new art style in general, Axel? Personally I've found myself liking it less and less beginning with Reach.

I have actually seen it to be a tiny disappointment. The art style has started to feel so different since Halo Reach and Halo 4 as they started to redesign everything from the ground up.
    PalTheCow said:
    The one with the bull looks pretty cool.
    I can say that this is the Bulltrue medals which has been in the games for quite a while.

Here is how the medal has evolved over time.

Halo Reach

Halo 4

Finally, a top secret intel indicates that this is my 6,666th forum post created.