If I log in via Facebook, can I change the Facebook account?

Recently I had a problem with Facebook, they blocked my acount, I can enter but can't use it except for log in. I want to delete my facebook account and create a new one just to log in. Is it possible to change the facebook account for my base? What's the process and is it possible to enter with kixeye account instead of facebook? Thanks for reading.

• Thane_Mantis
    Thane_Mantis
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2017 Posts: 483
    No, you cannot change the account your base is assigned to/associated with on Facebook. If you play a KIXEYE game on Facebook, its associated with that Facebook account permanently and cannot be changed to a different account. However, I do I believe you can log into KIXEYE.com using the email address and password associated with the Facebook account when you first signed up to the site, instead of using the Facebook sign-in plugin. (I've tried this with another account and it seems to work just fine. I even switched the email addresses with the other account here on KIXEYE so they don't match the one used on my Facebook with no negative repercussions like login errors.)

So say you had your original Facebook account with the email address memes@gmail.com and the password qwerty and you signed up to KIXEYE.com with the Facebook plugin with the account that had those details, that would transfer all your Facebook game data from there to here, letting you pick up your progress from Facebook over here.

And you should then by able to login using the example email address above by entering those in the sign-in field rather than using the Facebook plugin and still letting you pick up your progress like that as if you had signed in with the Facebook plugin. I would imagine (though please note I haven't tested this, so do it at your own risk) that you should then be able to delete that Facebook account with losing any game data as its now held here on the KIXEYE site.

Like I said though, I personally haven't tested this and have no intention too, so I wouldn't know personally if it works. This is just guesswork and assumptions on my part. If it doesn't and you lose your game data, I claim no responsibility for that. Again, do at your own risk. And maybe make a note of your user ID before you do try it. Just in case.

Hope this information helps. Good luck.
  • Thanks for responding, I will delete the facebook account because they blocked me based on an unfair accusation, I won't wait 30 days. Honestly, if the method you share to me doesn't work, I don't care about losing my base, it is level46 but for somereason I don't find the game exciting or funny anymore, it is more about having fun with friends chat and upgrading stuff, but honestly I'm tired of that. So let's see what happens, thank you.

• Thane_Mantis
    Thane_Mantis
    Skilled Warrior

Thanks for responding, I will delete the facebook account because they blocked me based on an unfair accusation, I won't wait 30 days. Honestly, if the method you share to me doesn't work, I don't care about losing my base, it is level46 but for somereason I don't find the game exciting or funny anymore, it is more about having fun with friends chat and upgrading stuff, but honestly I'm tired of that. So let's see what happens, thank you.

Who blocked you unfairly and why exactly? What is this about?
  • Hello, I don't know who was, let me explain, I used to comment on facebook news pages, I wrote an opinion about a transport policy in Mexico and someone denounce my comment. Facebook, wrongly, decided that I had broke the rules and Facebook can apply blocked accounts, the first time for 3 days, then 7 days and later for 30 days! That was my case, I could not use facebook except for logging in. Yesterday night I delete my account permanently, in fact, it will be erased in 30 days. But the method you shared to me worked, I just decided to change the password, a Kixeye email went send there and I followed the process to change it. Totally worked and now I can log in via Kixeye.com  

Thank you so much for your advice Thane Mantis, I really appreciate this. 

I won't be back on Facebook, their rules are so arbitrary and unfair, and I won't be part of his success with marketing and giving them hours and part of my life. It was fun, it was cool, but now I realize that it has fragile rules and no value at all. Thanks.
  • Thane_Mantis
    Thane_Mantis
    Skilled Warrior
    Hello, I don't know who was, let me explain, I used to comment on facebook news pages, I wrote an opinion about a transport policy in Mexico and someone denounce my comment. Facebook, wrongly, decided that I had broke the rules and Facebook can apply blocked accounts, the first time for 3 days, then 7 days and later for 30 days! That was my case, I could not use facebook except for logging in. 
    Yesterday night I delete my account permanently, in fact, it will be erased in 30 days.
    Feels a bit of an overreaction if Im honest with you here, just deleting the account straightaway. It sounds to some extent like a political issue which you were debating, which if it were the case is surely a situation where its easy to get riled up.
    Surely the ban could have just been appealed? Or did you try that and it didn't work?
    But the method you shared to me worked, I just decided to change the password, a Kixeye email went send there and I followed the process to change it. Totally worked and now I can log in via Kixeye.com  
    Glad to know my method worked. Like I said, I didn't have a clue how it would go down, so its nice to know the application of my theory didn't blow up in someone's face. I can imagine it would have been a headache to get sorted out, if it were even possible too.
    As you know, you should be able to swap emails and passwords around on that account freely now, so if you want to use different details, you can.
    Thank you so much for your advice Thane Mantis, I really appreciate this. 
    You're welcome.
    I won't be back on Facebook, their rules are so arbitrary and unfair, and I won't be part of his success with marketing and giving them hours and part of my life. It was fun, it was cool, but now I realize that it has fragile rules and no value at all. Thanks.
    Still think I may have been a tad to hasty to just delete the account, but to each their own I guess. Have fun not using Facebook.