Kara's Bloodlust and the Survivors Loyalty

MX36
MX36
Unicorn Overlord
Joined May 2012 Posts: 3,054
Why does Kara's Bloodlust progress reset when she retreats during battle, while Survivors Warlust does not?

She's the leader of this faction with a higher rank than Weaver & Roland, yet she's not considered one of them!.. even her dog has more use than her in this faction era.. I know about faction rules and restrictions, but of all units and heroes I think Kara should be the exception to these rules.

As you can see in this demo.. the game recognizes her ability and displays it on the Survivors Warlust meter, but she's still treated as a Non-Survivor unit and will break the faction loyalty when deployed with other Survivors!
-Kara's Bloodlust increases by 10% per kill regardless of the units size. LSDs do not contribute to the %
-Survivors Warlust increases by 1% for every 60 capacity of units killed. LSDs contribute to this %. and when Survivors units retreat then enter the battle again, the damage bonus will pick up where it left off.
  • MajorAzhole
    MajorAzhole
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2014 Posts: 599
    I'm hoping they bring in revised versions of Kara, Sheila and Bro as Gen 2 or 3 heroes for the factions.  Unlikely but one can wish.
    Image may contain: 8 people, text
  • MX36
    MX36
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 3,054
    I'm hoping they bring in revised versions of Kara, Sheila and Bro as Gen 2 or 3 heroes for the factions.  Unlikely but one can wish.
    I hope they do, as I really miss using these infantry heroes. they were much easier to move & control than vehicle heroes like Jericho and Roland. we currently only have Weaver, but he's not as good as Kara during the SF era and he barely does any damage on his own. The other infantry hero that can be controlled the same way, is the upcoming Chaplain hero, but we don't know how good he's going to be in terms of range and armor.

BTW, the game won't display Jericho's Bloodlust bonus the same way as Kara, because it's just a Reload bonus.. I think the Omega Sandstorm's Bloodlust won't be displayed too, since it just adds speed buff AFAIK, but I don't have the Omega version, so I can't confirm this 100%.. if there's any Survivors allies with an Omega Sandstorm, please do a quick test and see if it works.  
  • Drone
    Drone
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 332
    edited 12 Jan 2018, 10:57PM
    More chance of Rylan smoking a fat one on live tv!!!
  • Axel L
    Axel L
    WC Mod
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 9,139
    edited 12 Jan 2018, 11:04PM
    MX36 said:
    Why does Kara's Bloodlust progress reset when she retreats during battle, while Survivors Warlust does not?

She's the leader of this faction with a higher rank than Weaver & Roland, yet she's not considered one of them!.. even her dog has more use than her in this faction era.. I know about faction rules and restrictions, but of all units and heroes I think Kara should be the exception to these rules.

As you can see in this demo.. the game recognizes her ability and displays it on the Survivors Warlust meter, but she's still treated as a Non-Survivor unit and will break the faction loyalty when deployed with other Survivors!
    -Kara's Bloodlust increases by 10% per kill regardless of the units size. LSDs do not contribute to the %
    -Survivors Warlust increases by 1% for every 60 capacity of units killed. LSDs contribute to this %. and when Survivors units retreat then enter the battle again, the damage bonus will pick up where it left off.
    This is actually a very interesting observation as I didn't know and didn't expect that Kara's bloodlust would be displayed in the icon at the top right corner.
    Video games don't cause violence, lag does.
  • MajorAzhole
    MajorAzhole
    Skilled Warrior
    Axel L said:
    MX36 said:

This is actually a very interesting observation as I didn't know and didn't expect that Kara's bloodlust would be displayed in the icon at the top right corner.
    Agreed.  Nice job on the video from the OP.
  • FreedomCobra
    FreedomCobra
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 401
    MX36 said:
    I hope they do, as I really miss using these infantry heroes. they were much easier to move & control than vehicle heroes like Jericho and Roland. we currently only have Weaver, but he's not as good as Kara during the SF era and he barely does any damage on his own. The other infantry hero that can be controlled the same way, is the upcoming Chaplain hero, but we don't know how good he's going to be in terms of range and armor.

BTW, the game won't display Jericho's Bloodlust bonus the same way as Kara, because it's just a Reload bonus.. I think the Omega Sandstorm's Bloodlust won't be displayed too, since it just adds speed buff AFAIK, but I don't have the Omega version, so I can't confirm this 100%.. if there's any Survivors allies with an Omega Sandstorm, please do a quick test and see if it works.  

It certainly would make sense. Kara's known for going berserk, and for fighting on the frontline. It would make sense that she fights alongside her troops, and therefor should be allowed to as a Survivor. There have been multiple story clips that show her actually participating in combat too. Mainly during the return of the Sentinels, aka The Righteous Ones, Brother's Wrath, and The New Age. Where in she fights off Preservers (either in Brother's Wrath or The New Age, I'm not sure.), and even states that she and her men actually stole Acolyte gear to try out and use (aka, the Acolyte showcase base in The Righteous Ones). Plus, she and the other faction leaders participated in battle in the bonus boss base in The Divide. In closing this point, I find that it would make perfect sense to revamp her for the faction era. Either by a re-release, or just granting her faction status and possibly a stat buff, it would be a great addition to the Faction era. I personally don't think the hands-off leader approach suits her properly.

And now that you mention him, Jericho would make sense too. He IS mentioned to be "One of Kara's Survivor allies" in the trailer for the event that introduced him (Operation Remnants) and lore-wise I'd think that would make him a Survivor. I kinda doubt he'd have any more chance of being given faction status than Kara would, but it's worth mentioning.

Sheila, I do not think would fit. She isn't really aligned with any faction. She's not a Survivor because her sister Kara is too reckless, and she's not a Sentinel due to their methods and their ways. Even though she is notably friendly to both, as well as Corpus. But that just furthers the point, she's pretty neutral. I kinda like to think she's religiously a Sentinel, mentally like a member of Corpus, and favorable of the Survivors (due to family ties).

Brother Jeremiah, as I'd think is probably easy to ascertain, is the least likely to be worthy of a faction remaster. He's no longer a Sentinel. In fact, he now opposes the Sentinels. So having him fight for the side he fights against would be inconsistent, and I doubt he'd be easy to try aligning with Corpus, and he may as well be dead if he ever sets foot near the Survivors again.

Lastly I'll mention Doran and Deena, who are explicitly stated as former Corpus members. Their possibility of being integrated depends on whether or not "former" means "permanently former". If not, well, it's simple enough.

Dante's only faction tie is the Eastern Horde. Who knows, maybe we'll see them again at some point.

There's also lonely Pandora lol.

Hope I didn't miss anyone.

~the Cobra of Freedom

"Madness is a language we all know from birth, all speak, yet fear speaking, and truly never understand"

• MajorAzhole
    MajorAzhole
    Skilled Warrior
    edited 13 Jan 2018, 1:43AM
    You missed Baldur and Sarkis.

• MajorAzhole
    MajorAzhole
    Skilled Warrior
    MX36 said:

It certainly would make sense. Kara's known for going berserk, and for fighting on the frontline. It would make sense that she fights alongside her troops, and therefor should be allowed to as a Survivor. There have been multiple story clips that show her actually participating in combat too. Mainly during the return of the Sentinels, aka The Righteous Ones, Brother's Wrath, and The New Age. Where in she fights off Preservers (either in Brother's Wrath or The New Age, I'm not sure.), and even states that she and her men actually stole Acolyte gear to try out and use (aka, the Acolyte showcase base in The Righteous Ones). Plus, she and the other faction leaders participated in battle in the bonus boss base in The Divide. In closing this point, I find that it would make perfect sense to revamp her for the faction era. Either by a re-release, or just granting her faction status and possibly a stat buff, it would be a great addition to the Faction era. I personally don't think the hands-off leader approach suits her properly.

And now that you mention him, Jericho would make sense too. He IS mentioned to be "One of Kara's Survivor allies" in the trailer for the event that introduced him (Operation Remnants) and lore-wise I'd think that would make him a Survivor. I kinda doubt he'd have any more chance of being given faction status than Kara would, but it's worth mentioning.

Sheila, I do not think would fit. She isn't really aligned with any faction. She's not a Survivor because her sister Kara is too reckless, and she's not a Sentinel due to their methods and their ways. Even though she is notably friendly to both, as well as Corpus. But that just furthers the point, she's pretty neutral. I kinda like to think she's religiously a Sentinel, mentally like a member of Corpus, and favorable of the Survivors (due to family ties).

Brother Jeremiah, as I'd think is probably easy to ascertain, is the least likely to be worthy of a faction remaster. He's no longer a Sentinel. In fact, he now opposes the Sentinels. So having him fight for the side he fights against would be inconsistent, and I doubt he'd be easy to try aligning with Corpus, and he may as well be dead if he ever sets foot near the Survivors again.

Lastly I'll mention Doran and Deena, who are explicitly stated as former Corpus members. Their possibility of being integrated depends on whether or not "former" means "permanently former". If not, well, it's simple enough.

Dante's only faction tie is the Eastern Horde. Who knows, maybe we'll see them again at some point.

I think Bro could make up with Sentinels and get back in their good graces.  Sheila could hook up and get naked with Shadow and become Corpus.  Sarkis is Corpus I think.  Baldur I forgot his origin, but who cares?  Why couldn't the rest join a faction anyway?  I posted all the options I could think of for old SF heroes in Future Features.
  • FreedomCobra
    FreedomCobra
    Skilled Warrior
    edited 13 Jan 2018, 2:14AM

I knew I missed SOMEONE!

Baldur is stated to be the leader of the Free Forces Coalition. Which, back in the SF era, was conceptually the same ideology as the Survivors... but unfortunately, not the same faction. Not even related. It's reasonable to believe maybe he'd hook up with them, but seeing as the FFC has been unmentioned for a while now, I think they've faded from relevance. I'd like to maybe see them pop up somewhere, maybe getting more of a backstory for them. Wouldn't need to be something over the top, in my eyes.

Sarkis is debate worthy. Conceptually he's kind of on his own side. He's technically acted as an informant against Corpus, back when Corpus was a Shadow Ops antagonist. He doesn't really seem to favor anyone, really. He's the Agent of Chaos, so naturally he just wants to... stir up chaos. That could make for an interesting story character, and given how many people seem to be either ironically or unironically fond of him, I think Kixeye would be foolish not to reintroduce him into the story. Even a brief mention would be worthwhile. Maybe he's the reason why the three factions seem to recognize a threat as soon as it pops up? At least, in my head that would make sense. Plus, his only honest link to Corpus is that his legacy unique base is listed as a Corpus base. 

Bonus point, I think Kixeye could have done a better job picking Sarkis's voice. I find that either the British voiced audio or even the Russian one would have been so much more fitting. But that's just me being picky.

~the Cobra of Freedom

"Madness is a language we all know from birth, all speak, yet fear speaking, and truly never understand"

• MajorAzhole
    MajorAzhole
    Skilled Warrior
    They could even make an Event around Sarkis being a new improved character in the game.  In fact they could do that with all the old heroes.  Upgrade them as part of an Event storyline.

Thanks for all that background on those units.  
  • FreedomCobra
    FreedomCobra
    Skilled Warrior
    I like to play around with and study WC's story. It's so much richer and detailed than when the game launched, and it's truly a game element that I can't deny has only improved over time.

~the Cobra of Freedom

• MajorAzhole
    MajorAzhole
    Skilled Warrior
    I like to play around with and study WC's story. It's so much richer and detailed than when the game launched, and it's truly a game element that I can't deny has only improved over time.
    I've looked for the full history of WC's storyline and can never find it.  Where is it?
  • Axel L
    Axel L
    WC Mod
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 9,139
    MX36 said:

I can confirm that the Sandstorm Bloodlust will be displayed on the survivor icon as well.
    Video games don't cause violence, lag does.
  • Erica_d5
    Erica_d5
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 536
    MX36 said:

you seem to be forgetting that kara is from the vxp era and not the faction era and that's why she will break every faction trait
    her being in the story line of events as a survivor (wich is actually sheila btw) does not make her a survivor faction unit
  • MajorAzhole
    MajorAzhole
    Skilled Warrior
    Erica_d5 said:
    MX36 said:

you seem to be forgetting that kara is from the vxp era and not the faction era and that's why she will break every faction trait
    her being in the story line of events as a survivor (wich is actually sheila btw) does not make her a survivor faction unit
    I don't think anyone is "forgetting" that.  It's a question of character integration.  Upgrades to bring her and other SF heroes into the Faction era.  
  • nametagg0
    nametagg0
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 2,939
    MX36 said:

I knew I missed SOMEONE!

Baldur is stated to be the leader of the Free Forces Coalition. Which, back in the SF era, was conceptually the same ideology as the Survivors... but unfortunately, not the same faction. Not even related. It's reasonable to believe maybe he'd hook up with them, but seeing as the FFC has been unmentioned for a while now, I think they've faded from relevance. I'd like to maybe see them pop up somewhere, maybe getting more of a backstory for them. Wouldn't need to be something over the top, in my eyes.

Sarkis is debate worthy. Conceptually he's kind of on his own side. He's technically acted as an informant against Corpus, back when Corpus was a Shadow Ops antagonist. He doesn't really seem to favor anyone, really. He's the Agent of Chaos, so naturally he just wants to... stir up chaos. That could make for an interesting story character, and given how many people seem to be either ironically or unironically fond of him, I think Kixeye would be foolish not to reintroduce him into the story. Even a brief mention would be worthwhile. Maybe he's the reason why the three factions seem to recognize a threat as soon as it pops up? At least, in my head that would make sense. Plus, his only honest link to Corpus is that his legacy unique base is listed as a Corpus base. 

Bonus point, I think Kixeye could have done a better job picking Sarkis's voice. I find that either the British voiced audio or even the Russian one would have been so much more fitting. But that's just me being picky.
    the free forces coalition could easily be listed as a destroyed faction due to the backstory on operations retribution and stormfront,  
    retribution lists them as being hit hard by the eastern horde, and stormfront starts the hellhounds assault saying that they "destroyed many of our allies"  given that the ffc were our allies at the time its not unlikely that many of them were killed in these assaults.
    due to this i think it would be reasonable to say that kara offered what was left of them a spot in the survivors faction while she still was using the commander to fund them. (plus both factions share a fondness for sustain damage.) 

dante if he had to be assigned a faction would most likely feel most at home in the survivors due to their similarities to the eastern horde.

Sarkis due to being a mercenary i think would technically be neutral like sheila even though both would still work with the factions due to their ties to the commander.

I thought we killed bro j just before kane came into the picture though.   
    Image result for free to play vs pay to win gif

"the optimist looks up and loses his footing.
      the pessimist looks down and loses the path
      the strategist looks forward and adjusts accordingly" 
  • FreedomCobra
    FreedomCobra
    Skilled Warrior
    edited 14 Jan 2018, 4:09AM
    I've looked for the full history of WC's storyline and can never find it.  Where is it?
    For me, it's a combination of a few things:

A : Event videos
    B : Event art
    C : Character backstories from various official sources
    D : In game dialogue
    E : Overall having played through most of it

To really study the history, I'd advise looking around on the WC Wiki and browsing through various event videos and art. Makes it easy to piece it together, as Troy does a good job collecting everything. After that, it's not too hard to keep track of.

~the Cobra of Freedom

• FreedomCobra
    FreedomCobra
    Skilled Warrior
    nametagg0 said:
    MX36 said:

I knew I missed SOMEONE!

the free forces coalition could easily be listed as a destroyed faction due to the backstory on operations retribution and stormfront,  
    retribution lists them as being hit hard by the eastern horde, and stormfront starts the hellhounds assault saying that they "destroyed many of our allies"  given that the ffc were our allies at the time its not unlikely that many of them were killed in these assaults.
    due to this i think it would be reasonable to say that kara offered what was left of them a spot in the survivors faction while she still was using the commander to fund them. (plus both factions share a fondness for sustain damage.) 

dante if he had to be assigned a faction would most likely feel most at home in the survivors due to their similarities to the eastern horde.

Sarkis due to being a mercenary i think would technically be neutral like sheila even though both would still work with the factions due to their ties to the commander.

That bit on the FFC being destroyed is something I appear to have overlooked. That's definitely makes sense. It's a definite likelihood that the coalition was decimated. And given Kixeye's tendency to plan things months in advance, and in addition to Stormfront being a few events before Death From Below (The birth of Faction Units) I think it makes sense that Kixeye would have done this to make room for the Survivor's ascendance to the place of "the good guys" at the moment. I also agree it's easy to make sense that Kara would absorb the leftovers if they didn't go their own way. So I don't think we'll see them again. Or who knows? Maybe we will, and Wrongthinker is laughing at us right now.

Part of me sees Dante as the type who'd just go his own way. Maybe he'll return to the Eastern Horde. We haven't seen the Horde in awhile. I'd love to see a story that explains how that kid Mutoto managed to displace the EH's previous leader. I doubt the Eastern Horde is going to remain gone.

~the Cobra of Freedom

• MajorAzhole
    MajorAzhole
    Skilled Warrior
    nametagg0 said:
    MX36 said:

I knew I missed SOMEONE!

That bit on the FFC being destroyed is something I appear to have overlooked. That's definitely makes sense. It's a definite likelihood that the coalition was decimated. And given Kixeye's tendency to plan things months in advance, and in addition to Stormfront being a few events before Death From Below (The birth of Faction Units) I think it makes sense that Kixeye would have done this to make room for the Survivor's ascendance to the place of "the good guys" at the moment. I also agree it's easy to make sense that Kara would absorb the leftovers if they didn't go their own way. So I don't think we'll see them again. Or who knows? Maybe we will, and Wrongthinker is laughing at us right now.

Part of me sees Dante as the type who'd just go his own way. Maybe he'll return to the Eastern Horde. We haven't seen the Horde in awhile. I'd love to see a story that explains how that kid Mutoto managed to displace the EH's previous leader. I doubt the Eastern Horde is going to remain gone.
    Freedom Cobra, I officially nominate you to write: The Comprehensive History of the War Commander World, Vol 1.  I eagerly await its online publication. 

Seriously.  :-)
  • FreedomCobra
    FreedomCobra
    Skilled Warrior

@MajorAzhole said:
    FreedomCobra said:

nametagg0 said:

FreedomCobra said:

MX36 said:

MajorAzhole said:

FreedomCobra said:

MajorAzhole said:

I knew I missed SOMEONE!

Freedom Cobra, I officially nominate you to write: The Comprehensive History of the War Commander World, Vol 1.  I eagerly await its online publication. 

I may have to make this a thing at some point lol. Might put it in the Fan Creations section and go Event By Event.

~the Cobra of Freedom

• MajorAzhole
    MajorAzhole
    Skilled Warrior

@MajorAzhole said:
    FreedomCobra said:

nametagg0 said:

FreedomCobra said:

MX36 said:

MajorAzhole said:

FreedomCobra said:

MajorAzhole said:

I knew I missed SOMEONE!

I may have to make this a thing at some point lol. Might put it in the Fan Creations section and go Event By Event.

Do it bro.  Collaborate with other War Commander historians for all the details and tell the story.