Actual ship sizes

Seeker1234
Seeker1234
Minor Nuisance
Joined Mar 2015 Posts: 139
Seeing all the hulls flash across the screen when the game loads, looking at the amount of port holes and windows on the ships and same with hulls I have built, I always tried to imagine how big the people inside are. Likewise I tried to imagine how big the guns are in relation to the hull it is fitted to, so I was thinking maybe Kixeye could publish (for **** and giggles) the actual size of the hulls in the game as compared to real life ships sailing the oceans today, naval as well as civil marine craft.

For example, is the Citadel the size of an aircraft carrier? Is a Gunboat the size of a little fisherman boat with an outboard engine, etc? Is Seawolf the size of, say, a luxury yacht (such as might be owned by Will Harbin off our hard-earned coin)? Hehehehe ;)
To the last, I grapple with thee. From hell's heart, I stab at thee. For hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee.....
  • Seeker1234
    Seeker1234
    Minor Nuisance
    Wow so we have starship Enterprise sized ships to battle with. That's some big-**** boats.
    To the last, I grapple with thee. From hell's heart, I stab at thee. For hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee.....
  • Ouch37
    Ouch37
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2014 Posts: 414
    Laredo said:
    All ships range from 3 meters in length with a 2 meter beam with a .9 meter draft to 500 meters in length with a 90 meter beam and a 12 meter draft.
    3 metres is pretty small for a boat, even for gunship size. 
  • DazzXP
    DazzXP
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 3,478
    Wow so we have starship Enterprise sized ships to battle with. That's some big-**** boats.
    And they do 300mph on the open sea ;)
    We want the Dry Dock NOW! http://www.facebook.com/groups/184955281636155/ We need YOU! The game needs YOU!
  • Seeker1234
    Seeker1234
    Minor Nuisance
    DazzXP said:
    And they do 300mph on the open sea ;)
    HAHAHA!!! That's warp 3 for a boat :wink: