Time Token Bug is Back

FoolKiller
FoolKiller
Greenhorn
Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 23
I just hit the Time Tokens Boost button from the overview screen for my upgrading FB, and instead of going to the token screen, coins were spent and the upgrade completed.  I know this was a problem in the past but was under the impression it was fixed.  Be careful.
  • The Ratchet
    The Ratchet
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 53
    edited 11 Jan 2018, 1:20AM
    @CM Chris   Upgrade module tokens are not working for fleet bay upgrade.
  • The Ratchet
    The Ratchet
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 53
    They are working, there is a visual bug when looking at your base it shows that it is not available but if you click on the alliance tab it shows that you can boost it.
  • Criminal Phillip BV
    Criminal Phillip BV
    Master Tactician
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 2,100
    The tokens are working, here is a very short video that shows them working

• Criminal Phillip BV
    Criminal Phillip BV
    Master Tactician
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 2,100
    here is a short video showing that they are working correctly.

• CrazyEyez69
    CrazyEyez69
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 45

I had that happen to me as well, thought I didn’t have enough coins for it to take. If you close and restart the game it should fix the immediate issue as it did for me. Though the issue of it happening in the first place is well beyond me.

• GDIAX
    GDIAX
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 3,114

Same happened to me. File a ticket with support.

Admiral and Head Intelligence Officer of the Frontier Liberation Army.

VEGA Conflict Wiki: vega-conflict.wikia.com
    NPC Target Infographics Database: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B3hqSMJekKIfNmtsa2NTMUl2QWM?usp=sharing

Practically all the information you need for the game.

• OnionD
    OnionD
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2017 Posts: 326

Baaaaaaah kixeye steals again

• RaniRahn
    RaniRahn
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 1,641
    I had damaged fleet and i stopped repairs to use tokens. It did not allow me use them. Started repairs and then somehow boost button found tokens. Before the boost button opened coin shop instead. That was weird :tongue:
    52 45 38 67 54 6b 39 55 49 45 4a 56 57 53 42 44 54 30 6c 4f 55 79 45 3d
  • YShyang
    YShyang
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2016 Posts: 37
    I have a video of the bug. How do you post video here?
  • Cyrus Leung
    Cyrus Leung
    VC Mod
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 3,186
    edited 11 Jan 2018, 1:21PM
    YShyang said:
    Upload to YouTube then copy and paste the video link here.

Regarding the OP, I think the bug occurs when you have just collected tokens but the game hasn't realized that yet. Reloading the game has fixed the bug for me.
  • YShyang
    YShyang
    Potential Threat
    Let's see if this works:
  • YShyang
    YShyang
    Potential Threat
    I had thought that it will work when I go to the Alliance page but instead of bringing up the Inventory to let me apply the time tokens, it coined my FB15 upgrade. This video is taken with my current FB16 upgrade and fortunately I do not have enough coins to complete and hence it brings me to the coin purchase page instead. Must be a Working-as-intended sneaky feature from Kix to make you coin your upgrades.
  • dom.friant
    dom.friant
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 1,615
    Curious, if you've already used your one time refund for coining due to misclick, will they refund the coins (and undo what was coin completed) in case of a bug like this, or do they consider this just another misclick?
    Because I like the Condor!
    http://i.imgur.com/80deZPv.png
  • RaniRahn
    RaniRahn
    edited 11 Jan 2018, 2:07PM
    YShyang said:
    I had thought that it will work when I go to the Alliance page but instead of bringing up the Inventory to let me apply the time tokens, it coined my FB15 upgrade. This video is taken with my current FB16 upgrade and fortunately I do not have enough coins to complete and hence it brings me to the coin purchase page instead. Must be a Working-as-intended sneaky feature from Kix to make you coin your upgrades.
    I had exactly same situation. Thats the reason i dont buy anymore coins because i loose them for bugs just like this one. But i think safest way to do it is to go to INVENTORY->TIME TOKENS and apply them from there. If they are inactive then you probably coin your upgrade  instead of using time token. If these tokens are active then use them from there and you are in right place. I think many dont do it this way and just try the boost button on the activity list instead and then coin the upgrade instead :tongue:
  • RaniRahn
    RaniRahn
    Curious, if you've already used your one time refund for coining due to misclick, will they refund the coins (and undo what was coin completed) in case of a bug like this, or do they consider this just another misclick?
    Another misklick and telling you to be more careful next time :tongue:
  • FoolKiller
    FoolKiller
    Greenhorn
    edited 11 Jan 2018, 2:22PM
    here is a short video showing that they are working correctly.

Except that I got to that screen from the Overview screen, that is what DIDN'T work for me.  Perhaps they had it fixed by then; I really can't say.  But when I clicked (once) on the Time Token Boost button, instead of going to the boost screen, coins were immediately spent just as if the button said Instant instead of Time Token Boost.  Actually, I don't think you are SUPPOSED to be able to spend coins without first using any tokens you have... and I still have the tokens (but not the coins).
  • FoolKiller
    FoolKiller
    Greenhorn
    YShyang said:
    Upload to YouTube then copy and paste the video link here.

Regarding the OP, I think the bug occurs when you have just collected tokens but the game hasn't realized that yet. Reloading the game has fixed the bug for me.

THAT makes sense!
    I had just collected the tokens and tried to use them immediately.
    Sadly, instead it spent coins as if "Instant" had been clicked.
  • Uwrekd
    Uwrekd
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2017 Posts: 164
    Any prize you win give you a little banner on the left hand side. If you click the banner it will also take you to where you can use the time tokens.