Portal - Support Turrets

akaBadboy
akaBadboy
Potential Threat
Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 42
Which one is Best to use on base  Absorplion, Fusion or Viral ? 
  • rmcqu1
    rmcqu1
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 230
    akaBadboy said:
    Which one is Best to use on base  Absorplion, Fusion or Viral ? 
    It depends on what you want to defend. Absorption is best on a Hunter or Rail to defend against Heralds or Jugs. Fusion is good on a turret that you know will hit uniques, such as the Heavy Turrets. Viral is good on high damage/quick firing turrets, such as the Avalanche turret, to defend against units like the Titan or SS.
  • RVC MariusM
    RVC MariusM
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 252
    Fusion 

TAO--DAN
  • Endor
    Endor
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 540
    Viral is generally not useful in most high-level bases.  If you have advanced defenders like technicals or phalanx, most people aren't going to be sending a Titan or Sandstorm at your base because they get eaten up in seconds anyway.  

Absorption seems helpful at max level on a high-health platform.  Make sure you use a Reinforced or Armored platform type -- definitely not floating.  In general though, they still won't last very long against a juggernaut or herald. 

Fusions are good -- anything that deals extra damage is very useful. Be aware that it won't help Railguns against units with capped damage like a lot of Corpus units -- Phalanx specifically.  

I added Fusion lvl 1 to my Heavy Turrets already, and once my absorb turrets are at level 5 I plan to add them to each heavy turret as well.  
  • nametagg0
    nametagg0
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 1,563

All 3 are good on hunters as that helps against fury and herald attacks

The 2 that don't affect drones are good on railguns.

Overall the blue one is best because a good defensive platoon can stop all attacks even without turret support so you just need to let your heavy turrets survive to get damage out if your toon fails you.

Photo:
  • rmcqu1
    rmcqu1
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 230
    Endor said:
    Absorption seems helpful at max level on a high-health platform.  Make sure you use a Reinforced or Armored platform type -- definitely not floating.  In general though, they still won't last very long against a juggernaut or herald. 
    Absorption does cause the Jug to need 2 shots to kill it, but if the attacker uses the AoE to hit the Rail, I can agree it wouldn't be helpful.