*MERGED* Lots of sounds doesn't work since yesterday's maintenance

StaimB
StaimB
Strike-force Captain
Joined Nov 2013 Posts: 623
edited 7 Dec 2017, 10:19PM
Me and some of my friends don't have any shooting sounds anymore. i personally noticed it from Omega Jugg, Omega Herald, expert Deena, Ardra. Maybe its on every unit. All other sounds like the one coming up when clicking on a building, going with the cursor over "Platoons | Buildings | Gear | World Map" still working. Just not the shooting sounds of the units.

Another bug that goes in the endless list of bugs. Hope it doesnt take 5 years to fix it (or even get never fixed since over 5 years). It makes a huge difference to play with or without sounds.
  • Raziel601
    Raziel601
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 6
    i can not here the sound of the explosions anyone has the samr problem?

• Tony English
    Tony English
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 69
    I have, and can't get in game at the moment. The trained monkeys at kixeye have fkd up the maintenance as usual. Expect the game to go down again so they can fix what they buggered up during the first downtime 
  • Black DEVIL HH180
    Black DEVIL HH180
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2016 Posts: 31
    i don't have sound either and very laggy 
  • SevenCorps
    SevenCorps
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2017 Posts: 17
    have also problem with sound 
    Netherlands is the Weed Capital of the World
  • Demolition
    Demolition
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 190
    Sound problem here

• CM_Burny
    CM_Burny
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    Joined Oct 2017 Posts: 180
    Thanks for the reports, I have alerted the team and they are investigating.
    WC Community Manager

Community Rules: CLICK HERE
    Submit a Support Ticket: CLICK HERE
  • Ronny_E76
    Ronny_E76
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 529
    me is missing some shot-sounds. only explosion and the zombiefied sounds :D 
  • FBHO
    FBHO
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 510
    Yep, you can hear the units talking, but no shooting. 
    Once again maintenance breaks something important to the game.
  • Black_dragon_1
    Black_dragon_1
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2013 Posts: 50
    game runs smoothly on my end, however no sound. Sound isn't really important. 
  • Thor079
    Thor079
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 7
    What sound I can't even get into the game and I know you don't won't to hear what I'm saying 
  • Grampa.D
    Grampa.D
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 263
    edited 6 Dec 2017, 11:47PM
    I think a priority should be set for the HONOR being ZEROED problem (issue) after a relo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   And I'd like to see a banner on the expectation of a fix.
    DLS
  • Hojo Jutsu
    Hojo Jutsu
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 226
    Explosion sounds for me began halfway thru the Attacks. NO sounds of firning or Herald bomb drops at all... 

However, I would much rather my Herald start dropping immediately when over a target instead of just sitting still and soaking up Damage...
    Plan Your Upgrades... Upgrade Your Plans...
  • CondorX
    CondorX
    Greenhorn
    Joined Aug 2017 Posts: 5
    Excuse me?? It is VERY important IF you happen to be Vision Impaired. Its difficult to see some of the units and when you hear them shooting at you Herald it certainly helps  Can't play the game without it.  AND if they dont fix it soon, I am looking into a Law suit for Discrimination!
  • nametagg0
    nametagg0
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 1,331

I suggest turning off explosions and listening to a personal playlist until patch notes say sound is fixed.

Photo:
  • jerryA
    jerryA
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 316
    edited 7 Dec 2017, 1:15PM
    top right of screen click the icon that is settings looks like a gear there is 2 different settings for sounds  one for base sounds and one for unit sounds probably the one is turned off
    BADMONKEY
  • StaimB
    StaimB
    Strike-force Captain
    jerryA said:
    top right of screen click the icon that is settings looks like a gear there is 2 different settings for sounds  one for base sounds and one for unit sounds probably the one is turned off
    No man, its just some sounds, not all that turned off. I'm playing this game long enough to know the functions, but thx anyways. :)
  • CyberToad
    CyberToad
    WC Mod
    Joined Mar 2015 Posts: 4,468
    Sounds to me like some of the data is missing for the music/sounds.   To see if you can correct this, clear your cache and browser data and let the information load again.  If this doesn't fix the issue, then the game team will have to fix the problem.

Kixeye Forum/Chat Moderator

Request Support                           Help Desk                            Cybertoad Chat (Skype)
    Report a Suspected Cheater                           Kixeye Forum Rules                            Report Harassment
  • StaimB
    StaimB
    Strike-force Captain
    CyberToad said:
    Sounds to me like some of the data is missing for the music/sounds.   To see if you can correct this, clear your cache and browser data and let the information load again.  If this doesn't fix the issue, then the game team will have to fix the problem.

Cleaned browserdata, tried again and sounds still missing.
  • Deandvlsrejects
    Deandvlsrejects
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 6
    Yup same here my sound has gone aswell

• Skipjack
    Skipjack
    WC Mod
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 3,534
    Hey everyone thank you for your continued support and most of all patience as we navigate through all of this together...as soon as I have more answers and/or CM Burny is in the office we hope to have more information.  again thank you for your patience.  You guys are not alone and thank you fro reoporting... if any of you are eligible for support please Do send a ticket as soon as you can... it will help track the issue
    Kixeye Games Forum Moderator
  • Arkansas58
    Arkansas58
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 227
    that doesn't work cybertoad..no sound 
  • CyberToad
    CyberToad
    WC Mod
    Joined Mar 2015 Posts: 4,468
    Thanks for keeping the thread updated,   The CM is aware of the issue and it is being sent to the game team for review.  Hopefully, this can be fixed as the sound and music make up a lot of the experience for the game. 

Kixeye Forum/Chat Moderator

Request Support                           Help Desk                            Cybertoad Chat (Skype)
    Report a Suspected Cheater                           Kixeye Forum Rules                            Report Harassment
  • CM_Burny
    CM_Burny
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    Joined Oct 2017 Posts: 180
    Thanks Cybertoad for updating everyone. Yes, the team is aware of the sound issues. They began investigating yesterday but I don't believe a cause was found yet. They will be continuing their investigation today.
    WC Community Manager

Community Rules: CLICK HERE
    Submit a Support Ticket: CLICK HERE
  • Raziel601
    Raziel601
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 6
    :( still no sounds

• Lonewolf1967
    Lonewolf1967
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 1,032
    I have the same doing thor bases.. Just hear explosions but not my plats firing.
    imageDeath From Above
  • Deandvlsrejects
    Deandvlsrejects
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 6
    edited 8 Dec 2017, 4:00PM
    still no sound

• Strong_Thinker
    Strong_Thinker
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 951
    the sounds r depressing time for a change
    For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven
  • Night_Runner
    Night_Runner
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2017 Posts: 117
    Have the music but no battle sounds.
  • Bradbunch1234
    Bradbunch1234
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 288
    CondorX said:
    Excuse me?? It is VERY important IF you happen to be Vision Impaired. Its difficult to see some of the units and when you hear them shooting at you Herald it certainly helps  Can't play the game without it.  AND if they dont fix it soon, I am looking into a Law suit for Discrimination!
    lol....law suit for discrimination...this is an issue they are dealing with, not directed at a target audience. But if so I am suing on behalf of the hard of hearing! cause I think it could be directed at us!
  • Jim93843
    Jim93843
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 1,913
    Any reason I cannot access the PVP or RAID tab in the platoon menu?
    I cannot access it within the base, nor outside in the sector map (doesn't show up).
    Whats going to happen with the platoons (air and regular) under the PVP tab that have damage? WIll they continue to repair, or will they remain damaged until the tab feature is fixed and the units start repairing at that point?
    Serious question here... Herald, Deena, Jugg, Ardra all in that PVP tab... so, some repair time there.