Medals Mess

kixeyeuser_1421236348331_100008896387806
Minor Nuisance
Joined Apr 2015 Posts: 244
Here is an image of my sons latest base defense. He is a level 71 and the attacker ( names and stuff removed ) a level 103. No medals? He won a lot of those lately, no medals.

I am used to it on my account as well, but since medals count for little, it does not bother me. 

It does however show that Kix cannot get the simplest thing right and further do not have the capability to ascribe a meaningful purpose to a feature that should have a meaning. Lost opportunities.

• Joe Mumma
    Joe Mumma
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 338
    attacker didnt reach 25% b4 failing so no medals should be awarded
    had a 3 year break now catching up lol
  • msantosjr
    msantosjr
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 16
    Fleets damages ( on defending base/and or attacker) not counted for medals.

Base damaged 00% - 24.99%; NO medals to both players
    Base damaged 25% - 49.99%; defending base, gain medals from the attacker (if the attacker, has any medals to loose from his inventory)
    Base damaged 50% - 100%; attackers gain medals based on medal match info (win/loose) that is available before attacking the base.
  • kixeyeuser_1421236348331_100008896387806
    Minor Nuisance
    I hear what you guys say, it just feels totally wrong to take out a high level fleet and not get medals. So one has to set up one's base to first take 25% damage, then you would get medals for taking out the same fleet. Sounds like kix logic to me.
  • Mad_Scientist
    Mad_Scientist
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 7,596

@kixeyeuser_1421236348331_100008896387806 said:
    I hear what you guys say, it just feels totally wrong to take out a high level fleet and not get medals. So one has to set up one's base to first take 25% damage, then you would get medals for taking out the same fleet. Sounds like kix logic to me.

There's actually some player strategy involved...not kixlogic on this one.

Meep!
  • Joe Mumma
    Joe Mumma
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 338
    its called a bubble pad ..generaly u want them to reach 25%  fairly early b4 they can do alot of damage to your guard fleet and try force them to hit with 1 hit instead of preping and then hitting with a 2nd fleet
    had a 3 year break now catching up lol
  • Shadows-13
    Shadows-13
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2016 Posts: 496
    If you place a few warehouses at front of channel if high enough level should act as a bubble pad.
    Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
    -Sun Tzu
  • Cathedral_Rock
    Cathedral_Rock
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 7,986
    it was a totally bungled attempt
    a defender shouldn't get rewarded because the attacker completely fell on his face.
    25% base damage is a good threshold that is independent of player or fleet level.

"Every time there is a change in the game it seems the general reply is a complaint about the changes before they ever happen.  However every time the game changes we use strategy and adapt to the changes and we get used to them. .....without these changes, the game would become boring." -captaindirty 10/31/2017
  • Laredo
    Laredo
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 14,379
    The attacker didn't loose any medals due to not reaching 25% base damage.  I saw the medals exchange numbers based on base damage posted above and it is correct.

Use this site to set up your 'bubble pad'.  Just input all your bases info and it'll help direct you into what buildings will be needed you achieve a bubble.  http://bpprofbase.blogspot.com/

Remember with this site you have to input ALL your buildings at their current level for it to work properly.
  • kixeyeuser_1421236348331_100008896387806
    Minor Nuisance
    Yup ty guys, I will advise him to change to take that 25% first.

Ty Laredo you can close if you want.
  • darkriblet
    darkriblet
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2014 Posts: 201
    with that being said if an attacker gets destroyed at the beginning of a base attack. max amount of medals should be rewarded to defender. Why would a defender need to take a certain amount of damage before being rewarded. That concept doesnt make since. my base needs to be just good enough to allow a certain amount of damage before being rewarded. Was this concept to keep players from easily dumping medals into other peoples bases?
  • XziizX 2.0
    XziizX 2.0
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 209
    with that being said if an attacker gets destroyed at the beginning of a base attack. max amount of medals should be rewarded to defender. Why would a defender need to take a certain amount of damage before being rewarded. That concept doesnt make since. my base needs to be just good enough to allow a certain amount of damage before being rewarded. Was this concept to keep players from easily dumping medals into other peoples bases?
    Able to peek a base with an actual baser fleet and not gun boat / subs. AND if the defender is online the battle starts when defender click defend base before the battle loads for the attacker. 

Time to pull out of a battle due to lag entering a base and it all started but you had the wrong fleet for THAT base. 

don't get to hung up on how you should get medals, before thinking about how to lose them. Peeking a base with a full fleet of fangs with phantom at the wrong point of base would insta kill the fangs before the battle even let the attacker in the show, is that fair to lose medals on? 

PvP is just like everything else in life: subject to improve. But to do it as simple as "level of fleet vs level of base" is not the way to sort it in it self, might be if the loading is more even, start point of battle always be a safe spot, etc of variables.

Now I might be wrong but I do have that feeling that this whole ordeal is someone "speaking for his sick mother" and the entourage normally farming an individual got sacked due to new tech in base. And sadly the new tech killed the impostor before the magic 25%.  

Needless to say, as it is for now. I would like to say the terms of bubble, no bubble, long bubble, medals win, medals lose is just fine. Is there a potential of improvement? Ofc there is, but to do it as easy that "his level über high level fleet lost I want medals" does not work. 

/My 2 cents on the matter
    Homesector: Nope. Sector visited: yes, and some more. Drac / Reaver hulls: Won some, some I didn't win. 
  • Laredo
    Laredo
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 14,379
    Yup ty guys, I will advise him to change to take that 25% first.

Ty Laredo you can close if you want.
    Closing per OP request.
This discussion has been closed.