Preview Server?

Aman-Sidhu
Aman-Sidhu
Greenhorn
Joined Apr 2016 Posts: 15
Why No More Longer Open Preview Server?Why Some Selected Players To The Preview ?Is This VIP Treatment To These Players?
  • darkriblet
    darkriblet
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2014 Posts: 201
    Well I dont keep up with the preview servers or who is invited to them. I am pretty sure they allow players that have youtube and twitch channels so they can show everybody the preview server. Game studios do that for some beta games also, release a key for a person to do a review on the game for their channel. Most people like me playing a limited person preview server would only benefit me because I wouldn't be sharing any of the information from the server.
  • Cathedral_Rock
    Cathedral_Rock
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 7,986
    If you're talking about the testing of the new FM, then more power to them
    I applaud them allowing players to test it before the official release.
    you'll get your chance tomorrow....
    "Every time there is a change in the game it seems the general reply is a complaint about the changes before they ever happen.  However every time the game changes we use strategy and adapt to the changes and we get used to them. .....without these changes, the game would become boring." -captaindirty 10/31/2017
  • Aman-Sidhu
    Aman-Sidhu
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2016 Posts: 15
    The Old Pattern Of Preview Was Best First Come First Served New Format Suck 
  • Hunter WI
    Hunter WI
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2015 Posts: 45
    I am hearing the test server wasn't very successful. The new ships are stronger than the one's in the 115s, maybe they can fix this again !!!!!!!

• Ray_P
    Ray_P
    Master Tactician
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 2,118
    Hunter WI said:
    I am hearing the test server wasn't very successful. The new ships are stronger than the one's in the 115s, maybe they can fix this again !!!!!!!

Not surprising,  why would you add UAV's if they all got shot down before they reached the first target,  then why would you not up the range on the linking so the link to the back ships?   They will shovel it out anyways,  the internal test results are always better because they extract a large number of coins.
    Ray_P   

Winner of Hellhound, Grimshine, Nighthawk,  V2 C/H, JuggX, Mastedon, Interceptor, Atlas, Viper, Enforcer, Nash, Reaper, Spectre, Hellstrike, Vindicator, Triton, Stingray, Interdictor, Hurricane, MCX, Goliath, Barracuda, Strike Cruiser, Mercury, Mauler, Super Fortress, Battleship, Battle Cruiser,  HHA,  HHB 

Remember at the end of the day it's a game,  it's not your life. 

Sectors 138,  316,  248,  177,   315
  • Angus_B
    Angus_B
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 205
    they should invite the average player with R10 hulls and weapons to test these new ideas instead of the high level player with newest hulls and weapons and everything maxed .   Then we might see a fairer representation in the GAME
  • The_Vengeful_One
    The_Vengeful_One
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 2,189
    When they ran the things into the real game after the server, players would complain that they changed the ship from the stats they saw. Kixeye said this was a possibility as things were subject to change. People still complained so they took them away from the general public. More or less the same thing happened to the WIP but no one hears anything in advance anymore like we heard from that.
    "It always seems impossible until it is done"-Nelson Mandela
  • Laredo
    Laredo
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 14,379
    edited 14 Nov 2017, 10:52PM
    I'm not going to get into details about the targets but this was the last run I did there. 

EDIT: This was the 115

As always, everything in the preview is subject to change.  But overall it was a good preview by the end after some tuning.

• ali.parr
    ali.parr
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 391
    Laredo said:
    I'm not going to get into details about the targets but this was the last run I did there. 

Is that the 111 or 115 target?

• The_Vengeful_One
    The_Vengeful_One
    Master Tactician
    ali.parr said:
    Laredo said:

The 115. He just added it in an edit.
  • Laredo
    Laredo
    ali.parr said:
    Laredo said:

I edited my post, refer to it please.
  • NewTerror
    NewTerror
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2017 Posts: 78
    @Laredo ; Can you confirm if they are putting back the 82  targets to the ones they should be before they changed them?
  • Jimbo073
    Jimbo073
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2014 Posts: 489
    Where you get those sweet looking skins from?
  • The_Vengeful_One
    The_Vengeful_One
    Master Tactician
    edited 14 Nov 2017, 11:23PM
    Jimbo073 said:
    Where you get those sweet looking skins from?
    They were in a time limited offer around July 4th if memory serves.
  • atrain45
    atrain45
    Greenhorn
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 4

Laredo said:
    ali.parr said:
    Laredo said:

I edited my post, refer to it please.
    can you share your build, please
  • AnEyeForAnEye
    AnEyeForAnEye
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2014 Posts: 6,611
    I beleive they prefer closed previews, since some member of the community tend to over react.

When they do a preveiw, targets are usually mistuned, either too high or too low. Many use preview to test other things then the intended test.

Personnaly ill judge it when i see the final live version of them, because even after a preview ends, tuning continues as tehy look at feedback and data.

Is it fun that they limit to certain chosen individual, no. Id love to participate in a preview for once, but sadly i usually work when it happens.

No automatic alt text available.
  • Laredo
    Laredo
    NewTerror said:
    @Laredo ; Can you confirm if they are putting back the 82  targets to the ones they should be before they changed them?
    I can't confirm anything about the 82, the preview had nothing to do with it and I have NEVER hit one.  So I have no idea what if anything was changed in the first place.
  • darkriblet
    darkriblet
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2014 Posts: 201
    I see the damage you received not to bad but would it be safe to assume you have the max amount of charged armor. It seems that targets have changed around this type of armor now. If I hit that target without charged armor im sure it would be a huge difference in damage.
  • Laredo
    Laredo
    I see the damage you received not to bad but would it be safe to assume you have the max amount of charged armor. It seems that targets have changed around this type of armor now. If I hit that target without charged armor im sure it would be a huge difference in damage.
    As with anything in gaming, when the game starts to change you have to follow the change as closely as possible or be left further and further behind.  But to answer your question, the Zelos has a full load of charged armors, the Monos have no armor at all.
  • Sabbation
    Sabbation
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 7

Laredo how about the time it took to complete 1 target? And ty for the prev info

• Ray_P
    Ray_P
    Master Tactician
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 2,118
    Laredo said:
    As with anything in gaming, when the game starts to change you have to follow the change as closely as possible or be left further and further behind.  But to answer your question, the Zelos has a full load of charged armors, the Monos have no armor at all.
    I refitted 2 more plates on Zelo so 2 M  2 X   left the 5th slot open,   care to share more X them M or vice versa?
    Ray_P   

Winner of Hellhound, Grimshine, Nighthawk,  V2 C/H, JuggX, Mastedon, Interceptor, Atlas, Viper, Enforcer, Nash, Reaper, Spectre, Hellstrike, Vindicator, Triton, Stingray, Interdictor, Hurricane, MCX, Goliath, Barracuda, Strike Cruiser, Mercury, Mauler, Super Fortress, Battleship, Battle Cruiser,  HHA,  HHB 

Remember at the end of the day it's a game,  it's not your life. 

Sectors 138,  316,  248,  177,   315
  • Zeljko Vukic
    Zeljko Vukic
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 55
    what type dmg from uav 
  • Carlo DeNauw
    Carlo DeNauw
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 3,210
    Angus_B said:
    they should invite the average player with R10 hulls and weapons to test these new ideas instead of the high level player with newest hulls and weapons and everything maxed .   Then we might see a fairer representation in the GAME
    It was testing of the top tier elite target and let's be honest, the 'average' player doesn't understand the game or mechanics nearly as well as some of the players that are invited into the closed server. Despite the outrage people seem to forget that some of the players that are invited have a pretty good aptitude for the mechanics behind the game.
  • leo1071
    leo1071
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2014 Posts: 89
    ali.parr said:
    Laredo said:

not game to show what the build is?