Official Time Token RIOT Discussion Thread

13»
  • ipevac
    ipevac
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 175

@Mystical said:
    This event needs 70+ fleets to speed up progress because it takes too long.

Riots of old never had above 65, not since I have been playing since mid last year

They also were a whole weekend event, not just one day.  I think adding higher level fleets would be a good idea to reduce the grinding needed in such a short period of time.
  • wi1dwi11
    wi1dwi11
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 70
    Jay_T42 said:
    @CM Chris, are they AXIS tokens though?
    Universal. 
    Holy **** on a stick, there's a new faction out ? ;)
  • Venyto Camela
    Venyto Camela
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2016 Posts: 89
    kixeye, when are you going to say in some "official post" that the NET torpedo of the fleets is guide-controlled like Vector Torpedo?
  • Eric Rawlins
    Eric Rawlins
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2016 Posts: 80
    Having finished this event I wanted to say thank you Kixeye. (not sarcastic). I found doing 55's to be the best points/damage payout for my fleet. The difficulty above that increases much faster than points awarded but it is good enough. Doing 67 of them to get 2M points was a long grind of a few hours but easy enough to do while watching TV. If the event was longer with some time to repair it would be preferable to do fewer, higher level fleets but I'd rather grind 67 ships and get the prize then have the difficulty be so high I can't even participate.

This event wasn't particularly fun, just killing the same fleet 67 times, but the rewards were very useful and I'd do this as often as it was offered in order to more quickly build a fleet to actually let me do some of the fun content. With 'good enough' being our win condition I'll call this event a win.
  • gundamcp8888
    gundamcp8888
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 407

Pee on shiteye for half baked players good will gesture effort. Boring, over powered interceptors, and super short riot. I did 30mins and I had enough of shiteye bs!

I did not even bother to claim my 1.4 million points from last weekend alien crap...

Just shut down vega already if shiteye plans for half baked craps!

• dixsean
    dixsean
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2015 Posts: 62

@gundamcp8888 said:
    Pee on shiteye for half baked players good will gesture effort. Boring, over powered interceptors, and super short riot. I did 30mins and I had enough of shiteye bs!

I did not even bother to claim my 1.4 million points from last weekend alien crap...

Just shut down vega already if shiteye plans for half baked craps!

Why would you not "bother" claiming your points?

Anyways the free stuff has been good, but I question why they hand out 120 BM just before a CW?

This riot was alright, but too grindy and I gave up at 500k, there definitely needs to be higher fleets or some other fleet as before we could hit Vsec.

• Aletheides
    Aletheides
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Dec 2015 Posts: 1,433
    edited 13 Nov 2017, 9:11PM
    I hit 34 65's and now I want to curl up in a ball and not move for several hours. This event was boring as ****. Whoever thinks it is fun to keep doing the same thing over and over and over again needs help. Reduce the time players need to complete the event at the high end or offer a variety of fleets to hit or both
    Agreed. Its not a pleasant meeting with the old vega :P I finished and feel like my brain is melting. I used a T6 CR fleet with a supressor on auto to auto 55s for bonus poitns while i used a fleet of 5 hellfires and a paladin to manually do 65s... So faster than just manually flying everything.

A variety of targets would help it feeling less grindy. Base attacks would help with pacing. Im happy the time token riots are back though. Such a valuable reward made it worth melting brains over.
  • Master of Warring
    Master of Warring
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 3,670

@Mystical said:
    This event needs 70+ fleets to speed up progress because it takes too long.

Riots of old never had above 65, not since I have been playing since mid last year

In the old Riots ANY VEGA fleet gave loot, giving you more choices for fleets to kill and allowing you to further your own agenda if there was a specific fleet you wanted to kill.  So I don't see why we can't have higher level fleets for these new riots.
     #Kixeyelogic  http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Derp         "Only a farmer's base can endure the invaders of beyond" - Voidonymous
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination
      image  "0% damage means the game is broken."   - Paul Preece
  • Simon_Po
    Simon_Po
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2016 Posts: 100
    Thank you kixeye!
    very good prizes!, no playing with the fleets we shoot at...thank's!

imho you can schedule this once a month....just a plain good old riot and some nice token. nothing to improve here.
  • Paul Welch
    Paul Welch
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2017 Posts: 33

This was good. Thx kix.

• ironspam
    ironspam
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 36
    Simon_Po said:
    Thank you kixeye!
    very good prizes!, no playing with the fleets we shoot at...thank's!

imho you can schedule this once a month....just a plain good old riot and some nice token. nothing to improve here.
    You mean at least once a month, right?  There's another one scheduled for the same time next week on the November Event Calendar.

https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/715463
  • RavenDrakar
    RavenDrakar
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 1,062
    All they need to do is change what fleets you are allowed to hit and most people would breeze through this pretty well.   A riot should be a chaotic free for all where we get to hit any NPC fleet and score points. especailly if you're running it for 24 hours only.  In fact you should just create it so that it include the classic Hives and Reapers that way everyone will be happy...

Who am I kidding.  Someone will think it sucks. 
    Death flies on the wings of the Blackbird of ****.
  • Fireaeros
    Fireaeros
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2016 Posts: 55
    Event would be nice to have higher level targets to produce at least 100,000 or more points.
    This would reduce the time required, and potentially give us more damage to coin. (WOW DID I JUST SAY THAT?!?)

However, 33.333 65's is not horrifying to do. Skilled you can take these down piloting within 2.5-3 minutes so about 1 1/2 to 2 hours worth of farming...

The 4 days worth of build / refit is EXTREMELY nice. Considering most builds are 15 days on AXIS. This allows us to finish and build at least 3-4 hulls a month.
13»