Darren Barnes
Potential Threat
Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 85
what does this do ? overcharged accelerator III - acceleration +100%
  • IMBT13967968
    IMBT13967968
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2017 Posts: 47
    it looks like reducing zero to hundred time.

But I think it is not worth cuz there is no speed changing...
  • Cyrus Leung
    Cyrus Leung
    VC Mod
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 2,459
    edited 12 Nov 2017, 1:26AM

Increases the accleration by 100%, which means you will hit max speed twice as fast.

Alien Target Infographs: http://tinyurl.com/y8mjea5h
    Show of Mod Powers: http://gph.is/2ucUEogimage
  • IMBT13967968
    IMBT13967968
    Potential Threat
    it looks like you can put it on with the thruster.

It means it is worth to get.
  • Cyrus Leung
    Cyrus Leung
    VC Mod
    According to my tests on the preview server:
    1. You can equip multiple overcharged accelerators on the same ship
    2. Overcharged accelerators do not affect turning acceleration because the turning acceleration is already infinite
    3. Overcharged accelerators are more useful on ships that have low base acceleration, especially the Gladiator Battleship.
  • IMBT13967968
    IMBT13967968
    Potential Threat
    2. Overcharged accelerators do not affect turning acceleration because the turning acceleration is already infinite
    3. Overcharged accelerators are more useful on ships that have low base acceleration, especially the Gladiator Battleship.
    Thx Cyrus.

I have one more question, if I use two accelerator, it means i get +200% acceleration?
  • protopyre
    protopyre
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 199
    1. Seems like something that was overlooked, I wouldn't expect stacking to be intended. Though a second accelerator would have less effect than the first, so maybe stacking is an option due to its diminishing returns.

2. It won't help the rate at which you turn, but turning is where you will see the most benefit of the acceleration since ships tend to stop dead if you turn too sharply.

3. This is true, but if they are going to start giving us items that affect acceleration it would be nice if they gave us that stat instead of hiding it. A good example is the Decimator, it has the same speed as typical cutters, but greater acceleration. If the Ravager shares this tier 6 acceleration buff, this item will not be very useful on them, despite it appearing as though it's something you would put on a cutter.
    ~ ԬռѻᵯԭŁצ ~
    http://i.imgur.com/80deZPv.png
  • Mr TopGear
    Mr TopGear
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 1,803
    From my testing I noticed no difference between a ship with one and one without. Maybe it works in a straight line as I did a turn to edge test. But its probably the most useless special in the game from what I have seen so far
    The problem with this game is the power curves. Just look at the graphs I made. Said no vega conflict player ever
  • Nightmare Deathlock
    Nightmare Deathlock
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2014 Posts: 8,453

A acceleration special? Yes its worthless, ships accelerate at a good enough speed already and generally hit their max within 3-4 seconds... Cutters in much less time. Unless Kixeye plans make a ship whose slots are closer to bp in design (lots of weapons armors and specials to to around) theres really no point on ships with 3 specials

born in sector 1100

alliance: LORD (VC only)

VC: lv42 base (only game worth playing) likes to mess with noobs. loves being an insector (who doesnt? lol)

BP: lv46 base (i think) retired

WC: lv14 base (i think) hate this game...

• Paul Welch
    Paul Welch
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2017 Posts: 33

@Cyrus Leung said:

We need the stats of acceleration for each ship on their blueprint so we know what ships need it if any and can test to see if it is working as it should be.

• SteelSteve
    SteelSteve
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 1,143
    I don't think kixeye is planing to ever release the acceleration, reload, charge, or firing time of their tech. It would just be too many numbers to triple check and confirm every single time. I have seen hardcore people record, slow down, and stat plot all weapons and ships on clan pages, but I haven't seen any of that in months. The biggest difference I've ever seen any of these numbers make is on siege and rupture beam; other than those it's pretty pointless (just like this special) :smile:
    I NEED ZYNTHIUM!!!    UID 5439584
  • Cyrus Leung
    Cyrus Leung
    VC Mod
    edited 13 Nov 2017, 2:30PM
    I don't think kixeye is planing to ever release the acceleration, reload, charge, or firing time of their tech. It would just be too many numbers to triple check and confirm every single time. I have seen hardcore people record, slow down, and stat plot all weapons and ships on clan pages, but I haven't seen any of that in months. The biggest difference I've ever seen any of these numbers make is on siege and rupture beam; other than those it's pretty pointless (just like this special) :smile:
    Perhaps you should check my signature ;) I am also planning to measure the acceleration of all ships. I believe it is infeasible for KIXEYE to display every single stat in the game because there is only so much space for the item stat UI. If you haven't noticed, "rear speed" is not displayed as well although it has been mentioned in the stat UI for agility field generator.
  • Nightmare Deathlock
    Nightmare Deathlock
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2014 Posts: 8,453

@SteelSteve said:

This is funny, because theyre perfectly fine giving battle pirates hulls so many stats it requires a scroll bar

born in sector 1100

alliance: LORD (VC only)

VC: lv42 base (only game worth playing) likes to mess with noobs. loves being an insector (who doesnt? lol)

BP: lv46 base (i think) retired

WC: lv14 base (i think) hate this game...