Are you satisfied with format of Alien Decimation?

TheDude84
TheDude84
Minor Nuisance
Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 135
edited 9 Nov 2017, 3:10AM
Curious to see what people think about AD format.

Please keep comments constructive. 

Thanks.

The problem with this game is the power curves. Just look at the graphs I made. Said no vega conflict player ever

Are you satisfied with format of Alien Decimation? 154 votes

Yes, format is fine leave it alone.
1%
PsylienBatteryChuckerCommodore Nico 3 votes
No, phases are imbalanced and need to be adjusted to reduce wait time for desired targets.
3%
Sergio MomessoChalkSixLuzTukruoscar liuSgt. REX POWER COLTsuurkupel2 6 votes
No, get rid of phases all together (unpopular targets never get hit causing event to stall for many players).
60%
LowlanderEQUINOX 600Skull.isgao.jeff3-trade.tfSteelStevejien.zernBabyGrootduane.farthingJustSomeOneUnknowntony.salesUGA_Morlokanim01bedhoppermcalduffcomeng84FrankvsaturnmoonStarchaser2014kaleb119galderblake 93 votes
Generally satisfied, would like to see base strikes to help with long waits for targets.
3%
Hlias SchumacherFold Thisd_DeMoN_bInfinity EICVinayJ 5 votes
No Bring back old format with 4 phases and more target options (Alien Decimation should include all alien targets since their arrival).
30%
alpix355GDIAXjonathanyaoZomboy21vanasten1Jay_T42KAERVEKscifimcloverEwigkeit79kirill.andrienkoHellblazer911vl@stakumi152Wizard PrangJust one1979Sexy FoxyJeremy AdamsonFrank FredaMateoskiLittleOfi 47 votes
  • Jeremy Adamson
    Jeremy Adamson
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 115
    No Bring back old format with 4 phases and more target options (Alien Decimation should include all alien targets since their arrival).

I think the phases are stupid and suck, but I'd like to see high level unknown reapers, hive fleets, barrage hives, harvesters, etc. Oh, and get the frakkin stupid **** decievers out of here if you can't make them playable. Frakkin greedy no caring asp hole kixeye p ricks.

• The Face Less Man
    The Face Less Man
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Apr 2014 Posts: 697
    Phases I think are a pain since certain targets are only allowed to spawn at a certain phase and the phases have had issues in the past. Also I think a kill from a old phase helps fill a phase bar faster making phases shorter...

The current problem is that AXIS has taken over the alien area where there shouldn't be any AXIS fleets. Last event and this event are both hard and terrible due to the lack of actual aliens and the high push for players to drop alien and go AXIS!-ITS A ALIEN EVENT NOT A AXIS EVENT!?!? what is going on here?!

Another problem is that most players are caught by this sudden change of plans and can't do much about it except to ride it out and hope things get back on track. I don't have the "right fleets" for these events but I try my best and for those who actually can do these events... well... good for you then. Not so good for those with barely anything though since we made ships to fight alien not AXIS.

Listen to your customers and players kixeye or VEGA is going to drop fast with the way it is going and how the players are being treated. We don;t want to spend 100 on coins we want a fair event and some fun to hit targets.
  • Too Lee
    Too Lee
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2016 Posts: 67

the co-op game play need to change. its hard to get aa partner

• VoidMaster
    VoidMaster
    Incursion Leader
    Joined May 2016 Posts: 1,196
    No, get rid of phases all together (unpopular targets never get hit causing event to stall for many players).
    Having phases was a good idea, I think the main point of it was always to have a kind of lead up to big boss targets spawning.  Now that we don't really have any big boss targets anymore, there really isn't much of any point in having phases.  It's better to just have the targets constantly spawning than have a whole set of one target spawn for a period of time that is determined by how many players want to hit them.
    Also what I don't think helps much is that usually the first phase is a phase of lower level targets (or targets with the wrong set of crafting that many want) making it pointless to gain the repairs from killing them to move on...
    Showing the Voidness of Vega one post at a time.
    *Insert Void photo here*
    http://i.imgur.com/80deZPv.png
  • Andrea Nard1
    Andrea Nard1
    Master Tactician
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 2,301
    Kudos.., finally a good poll! Man you nailed it
  • TheDude84
    TheDude84
    Minor Nuisance
    Kudos.., finally a good poll! Man you nailed it
    thanks lol, I've been trying to do polls for like a year. This is the first time it actually let me make one.
    The problem with this game is the power curves. Just look at the graphs I made. Said no vega conflict player ever
  • SteelSteve
    SteelSteve
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 1,184
    edited 9 Nov 2017, 6:26AM
    I want more targets to hit, but at the same time they put so much work into balancing the phases for each event that it takes away from the quality of the game. Randomly spawning a ton of different targets is much easier than spending days trying to time each phase correctly to just have to change it again next event. 

Also "No, phases are imbalanced and..." is a typo of the strictest sense and should be "unbalanced" :tongue:
    I NEED ZYNTHIUM!!!    UID 5439584
  • TheDude84
    TheDude84
    Minor Nuisance
    I want more targets to hit, but at the same time they put so much work into balancing the phases for each event that it takes away from the quality of the game. Randomly spawning a ton of different targets is much easier than spending days trying to time each phase correctly to just have to change it again next event. 

Also "No, phases are imbalanced and..." is a typo of the strictest sense and should be "unbalanced" :tongue:
    "In common usage, imbalance is the noun meaning the state of being not balanced, while unbalance is the verb meaning to cause the loss of balance. In the context stated, the noun form should be used."  :p
  • campbellr66
    campbellr66
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 132

A bit silly having a phase without any point scoring targets. Only old point nerf’d fleets that still deal to much damage to do as a time filler

• Steven Parsons
    Steven Parsons
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 44
    you need another category. Aliens suck, get rid of them altogether.
  • Frankv
    Frankv
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 778
    edited 9 Nov 2017, 5:31PM
    im fine with phases. not with the current setup.

old decimation was cool. this plainly sucs, and the deceiver phase is not popular around anyone.... these fury drones kill one ship avery time due the speed of the AI fleet and my supressor not aiming for drones as first priority.\

we even spawn WAAAY to close to the deceiver fleet.
  • Master Uxi
    Master Uxi
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2016 Posts: 260
    Not satisfied until co-op Harvesters return.
  • jinko821
    jinko821
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2015 Posts: 319
    i **** up and picked the wrong one...
  • TheDude84
    TheDude84
    Minor Nuisance
    edited 10 Nov 2017, 4:49AM
    So it would seem that like myself, most players are not enjoying the long waits to go after the targets they want to hit. I also enjoyed the old decimation when there were 4 phases and a big boss target at the end. the problem always seemed to be that at least one of the phases contain no desirable targets that players wanted to hit. I think the phases could be fun, if more care was put into making each phase contain high level assets that players wanted to get their hands on (crafting boxes, loot drops etc.), while also containing older targets for lower level players so that all players could participate in each phase. Otherwise eliminating the phases all together would make the event more engaging, where players could fit the event more easily into there schedules and not be waiting for targets all the time.

Thanks for all the feedback and participation so far keep it up :smile:
  • Daniel Rose
    Daniel Rose
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2016 Posts: 224
    The phases are stupid now, but at the beginning they were kinda cool. You had to work alongside the other people in your sector to get to the Harvesters. Now Harvesters aren't a thing for "reasons" even though the event banner for Decimations is a Harvester, and the phases are all equal, just in different ways. I'd like to see Decimation phases actually have a purpose so that Decimations are separated from the format of all the other events. Also these ALIEN Decimations should only have ALIEN fleets. Or at least have primarily alien fleets, with a few A.X.I.S. Deceivers sprinkled in for the masochists out there :P
  • TheDude84
    TheDude84
    Minor Nuisance

@Daniel Rose said:
    Or at least have primarily alien fleets, with a few A.X.I.S. Deceivers sprinkled in for the masochists out there :P

Haha no kidding!

• dom.friant
    dom.friant
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 1,460
    edited 14 Nov 2017, 3:37AM
    The phases are stupid now, but at the beginning they were kinda cool. You had to work alongside the other people in your sector to get to the Harvesters. Now Harvesters aren't a thing for "reasons" even though the event banner for Decimations is a Harvester, and the phases are all equal, just in different ways. I'd like to see Decimation phases actually have a purpose so that Decimations are separated from the format of all the other events. Also these ALIEN Decimations should only have ALIEN fleets. Or at least have primarily alien fleets, with a few A.X.I.S. Deceivers sprinkled in for the masochists out there :P

You talk about the beginning, but have you forgotten that at the beginning alien decimation included two phases aliens and two phases of demon corp fleets? And need I mention the first phase included this really cool cargo ship?

I agree the phases made sense back then, as there was a story progression that went along with them. Personally I do not want to see alien-only decimations again, but I would love to see something more like the original: a hybrid of human and alien targets with a story to go with it, and has been mentioned, a boss target at the end of the phases. The first two followed this format and were awesome.

But players raged and complained because they couldn't handle the DC fleets and demanded it be alien only. This is one case I wish kixeye had completely ignored the complaining, because when they gave us what we demanded they (and we) ripped the soul out of a really cool event, and we're left with the sad shell of what remains.
    Because I like the Condor!
    http://i.imgur.com/80deZPv.png
  • DiabolicEsper
    DiabolicEsper
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2016 Posts: 288

I feel like Alien Decimation, through all of its iterations and runs, needs a rehaul of some sort, instead of having a specific target a phase, maybe have previous phase's targets spawn as well

• Fireaeros
    Fireaeros
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2016 Posts: 58
    Decimation has lost its "steam..." It was interesting in the beginning. But now it is completely broken system.

1) We had to unlock Aliens. Kill the cool big supply ship thing that had stupid long range... Kill the fleets that had stupid setups that guaranteed damage. 

2) Unlock aliens kill aliens... Old school hives were fun co-op way of making points. And even the high end ones we eventually got good enough to solo and do repeatedly... I coined more back then than now. Why? Because of balance...

3) BOSS! Bosses were extremely well balanced in the beginning. Before the massive buffs that made them impossible. 

This was the "decent format..." Now its makes NO sense at all to continue... People need VERY specific fleets... Most people build one type of fleet because thats how much time they are given per season. So they have to wait for the phase that works with that fleet... 

Get rid of the phases and just do a main event setup... Alien Strike hopefully is this way as I am guessing this will be our "Farming" event once T7 becomes the thing.
  • V e s p o
    V e s p o
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Jun 2015 Posts: 1,817
    Phases seem like a good idea on paper since they are associated with a story progression... but in practice they are just annoying. You end up with a farm fleet configured for one set of targets that sits around with nothing to do until the phase it was meant to farm rolls around again. Most players do not have the time to construct a purpose-built fleet for each phase, and the repair costs for using more generic fleets gets to be too high to be usable, so you end up with either the event stalling because no one will do the phases with the harder targets and/or lower point values, or with people getting frustrated because they log in and have to sit through three phases they are not prepared to farm without spending a month building/refitting a fleet for it.
  • Master Baku
    Master Baku
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2015 Posts: 317

I honest hate the phases like nearly everyone in the game. However, what is even worse is having built fleets to hit different alien targets over the past year only to see them vanish after a few weeks maybe a couple months tops. If I had to deal with phases I would at least like a decimation format that gave me access to every single alien target ever released in a full range of levels. That way I might actually be able to enjoy the event cuz I am actually hitting targets and getting prizes. Instead it seems like all we do is stare at our screens for hours waiting for the only target we wanna kill , then kill 1 maybe 2 of them before they vanish and we go back to waiting.