Unable to update - again

Andrew Thomas96
Andrew Thomas96
Greenhorn
Joined Jun 2017 Posts: 10

Once again i get told by the game to update to the newest version only to be told by google play store that my device isnt compatable with this version... i wouldnt mind but im trying to update a s8, not some old hat phone lol. Anychance you can look into this? It occurs quite regularily. Thanks

• Todd7123
    Todd7123
    VC Mod
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 5,108

I’ll pass on

I am a VC Forum Mod.

I don't work for KIXEYE. I'm a player just like you.

My  duties are to offer advice and keep the Forums Neat and Tidy.

Ask me and I will help if I can or point you in the right direction to one of the links below.

Helpful Links:  Site Rules / Report a Player / ToS / Ticket Status 
    Have a problem? KIXEYE Customer Service
    SEE YOU IN THE VOID REBELS!!!!!!!
  • Andrew Thomas96
    Andrew Thomas96
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2017 Posts: 10

Thanks fella

• Ben Sherman
    Ben Sherman
    Greenhorn
    Joined Dec 2016 Posts: 6

Identical issue.

• Ben Sherman
    Ben Sherman
    Greenhorn

Well, I'm on an S7 edge, so not identical, but the symptoms are the same.

• Ben Sherman
    Ben Sherman
    Greenhorn

Any word? I still got nothing.

• Junren-JS
    Junren-JS
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 1,591
    Did you try following the Troubleshooting steps?  https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/629028

Uninstall/reinstall the app. Only do this if you have a way to get back into your account! If you do this while on a guest account then you won’t be able to log back into your base. This is the mobile equivalent of clearing your graphics cache. For a breakdown on why this is important, read the “Clear your graphics cache” entry in the “Browser/Steam” section. We recommend doing this about once a week for heavy-usage mobile players.

Burning all your bridges means that sooner or later you're alone on an island, bereft of allies or means to get anywhere.  Seek to build bridges in all things, treat even your opponents with respect.  Crush them only when there is no other recourse and they hinder your movement forward. 
  • Ben Sherman
    Ben Sherman
    Greenhorn

@Junren-JS said:
    Did you try following the Troubleshooting steps?  https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/629028

Uninstall/reinstall the app.
    Only do this if you have a way to get back into your account! If you do
    this while on a guest account then you won’t be able to log back into
    your base. This is the mobile equivalent of clearing your graphics
    cache. For a breakdown on why this is important, read the “Clear your
    graphics cache” entry in the “Browser/Steam” section. We recommend doing
    this about once a week for heavy-usage mobile players.

Well, the issue is with the "reinstall". I, like the OP, am getting an error when trying to update from the play store (or at least, my problem presents in the Google Play store). It won't even show up in the store when I look for it on my phone (which is what happens when a version of an app isn't compatible with your hardware) It appears that the last update isn't compatible with the S7 edge, which I can't imagine is actually true. I haven't tried sideloading it yet, but I guess that's the next step absent an answer here.