Uranium fleet

Joshua Philp
Joshua Philp
Strike-force Captain
Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 702
With the changes to the FM about to happen, I am going to need to get Uranium from another source.
I have no up-to-date fleets at all, having only recently returned to the game.

Can anybody give me some advice on what to build, or what type of weapons/hulls are best for getting Uranium.

• Joshua Philp
    Joshua Philp
    Strike-force Captain
    51 views and nobody is able to suggest anything?
  • Joemc1999
    Joemc1999
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 144
    I would recommend hellwraith if you have it otherwise tigershark should be able to do the 102 armadas, if you keep at the very max range of your torpedoes, also since you have no current tech but haven't stated when you left I'll assume you don't have cannonneer or ironclad therefore centurions might be able to do a Draconian uranium base.
    Started Playing August 22nd 2012. Into year 5 of playing.
  • Joshua Philp
    Joshua Philp
    Strike-force Captain
    Joemc1999 said:
    I would recommend hellwraith if you have it otherwise tigershark should be able to do the 102 armadas, if you keep at the very max range of your torpedoes, also since you have no current tech but haven't stated when you left I'll assume you don't have cannonneer or ironclad therefore centurions might be able to do a Draconian uranium base.
    Thanks.

My choice of torpedo is very limited.
    I could either use Assault Torp Bs (75 range) or
    Fire Twisters (88 range, but dumb fire).

Would 75 range be enough, or am I going to have to use the twisters?

If I am still able to do the FM after the changes, i will be able to get the Charon if that is a better option?
  • Joemc1999
    Joemc1999
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 144
    You need a range of 88 or you won't be able to do it so the fire twister would be your best option. And if you can get the charon and only have tigershark as a sub I would use them otherwise if you have Hellwraith use the firetwister.
    Started Playing August 22nd 2012. Into year 5 of playing.