avoidance detection

Ted Tarbox
Ted Tarbox
Potential Threat
Joined Oct 2015 Posts: 76

It seems all questions about the latest update and why it has stopped working on tablets is being avoided by kixeye! Id love to be proved wrong. Go ahead, REPLY! Android 4.4.2 samsung tab 4 (device not compatible with this version) android 5.0.2 samsung tab4 (device not compatible with this version) android 4.4.2 samsung tab3 (device not compatible with this version) android 5.1.1 samsung tab4 (device not compatible with this version) 4 tablets!!!! any advice other than rooting or replaceing would be greatly appreciated. Since kixeyes (googles) suggestions on reloading apps and game have come up empty so far.

• Wfang71
    Wfang71
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 215
    well .. if i learned something from being on the forums for over 18 months 

is that kixeye reads a lot more than what they respond to  

so even if you dont see a mod or cm chris writing responding to a forum post .. it doesnt mean they didnt see it 
    (highlighted reviews from famous people)
    ''i never met anyone like him Before'' -Elon Musk,
    ''i wish i couldve explored the void as much as he has'' -Stephen Hawking,
    ''this dude is fu*king amazing'' -Eminem
  • Ted Tarbox
    Ted Tarbox
    Potential Threat

A simple (we're looking into it) or (its working as intended) would be something but not even a peep!?!

• Aletheides
    Aletheides
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Dec 2015 Posts: 1,934
    you mean like they have in the pinned post at top named "issues from yesterday"?
  • Ted Tarbox
    Ted Tarbox
    Potential Threat

@Aletheides said:
    you mean like they have in the pinned post at top named "issues from yesterday"?

Yes especially that one. Ive gone over that post prob 50 times, gone to all the links and read them too. Got three tablets that cant even find vega in the play store now.The most recent response was 4 days ago and that was for the lag on steam. no mention about tablets not being compatible or why. Yesterday was 5 days ago, i detect avoidance.

• Yakapo16
    Yakapo16
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2016 Posts: 89
    Works just fine on iOS....
  • MikeWirus
    MikeWirus
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2017 Posts: 225

They think it's 'imature' to respond to certain things

• Aletheides
    Aletheides
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Dec 2015 Posts: 1,934

@Aletheides said:

Yes especially that one. Ive gone over that post prob 50 times, gone to all the links and read them too. Got three tablets that cant even find vega in the play store now.The most recent response was 4 days ago and that was for the lag on steam. no mention about tablets not being compatible or why. Yesterday was 5 days ago, i detect avoidance.

You imply in your post that this is a general problem that impacts all android devices and thus should be easy to find and fix. Kixeye claims otherwise in said post. I don't play on tablets or other mobile devices myself, too limiting.

But just to test your implied theory i grabbed the first tablet i found in this house, a non rooted Lenovo Yoga tab 3 pro, and made sure it upgraded to latest android revisions available (5.1) and all apps were up to date. I then proceeded to the play store, searched for Vega Conflict without issues and installed it without issues. It also started without issues. As you probably wont believe me, because the problem seems universal to you on your end, I provided a photo with proper date and time references for verification purposes.

So no, this isn't a general problem that impacts all android devices. Its potentially thus not as easy to find and fix as one may think. Kixeye may even be right that the problem is external to them. Who knows. Only thing that's for certain is that nobody of the armchair developers here at the forums knows.

• Ted Tarbox
    Ted Tarbox
    Potential Threat

@Aletheides said:
    Ted Tarbox said:

@Aletheides said:

You imply in your post that this is a general problem that impacts all android devices and thus should be easy to find and fix. Kixeye claims otherwise in said post. I don't play on tablets or other mobile devices myself, too limiting.

But just to test your implied theory i grabbed the first tablet i found in this house, a non rooted Lenovo Yoga tab 3 pro, and made sure it upgraded to latest android revisions available (5.1) and all apps were up to date. I then proceeded to the play store, searched for Vega Conflict without issues and installed it without issues. It also started without issues. As you probably wont believe me, because the problem seems universal to you on your end, I provided a photo with proper date and time references for verification purposes.

So no, this isn't a general problem that impacts all android devices. Its potentially thus not as easy to find and fix as one may think. Kixeye may even be right that the problem is external to them. Who knows. Only thing that's for certain is that nobody of the armchair developers here at the forums knows.

Not trying to imply that this is just a general problem. I only play on tablet and now i have 4 tablets of similar design and none of them are (compatible with this version). From reading through the forums i find im not the only one experiencing this issue and find every related topic being merged together. What i am saying is there has not been a responce to me or anyone affected. 5 days sober now!

• John Jones22
    John Jones22
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2015 Posts: 3,291

CM Chris has answered this. Even created a post called "Issues From Yesterday." https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/705586 Kix seems to claim it is google's fault though it happened with the update so seems more likely it is Kix's.

• GameHat
    GameHat
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2013 Posts: 361
    edited 9 Aug 2017, 1:08AM

It seems all questions about the latest update and why it has stopped working on tablets is being avoided by kixeye! Id love to be proved wrong. Go ahead, REPLY! Android 4.4.2 samsung tab 4 (device not compatible with this version) android 5.0.2 samsung tab4 (device not compatible with this version) android 4.4.2 samsung tab3 (device not compatible with this version) android 5.1.1 samsung tab4 (device not compatible with this version) 4 tablets!!!! any advice other than rooting or replaceing would be greatly appreciated. Since kixeyes (googles) suggestions on reloading apps and game have come up empty so far.

Hey Ted did you see my reply to you in that other thread (before it got merged into the jumble)?

Some dude (probably also ended up getting merged XD) said updating their google play services version fixed the issue for them. Have you updated yours on those devices or is it an older google player services version? my 'google player services' on the working tablet is version 11.3.02 (036-161239932)
    Not sure if relevant but my 'google play store' app is version 8.0.73.R-all ...and I cbf typing the rest. Maybe you have different versions and thats why its broken for you?

3 chins, 3 teams, one victor;
  • Ted Tarbox
    Ted Tarbox
    Potential Threat

They fixed the problem (Even labeled as a FIX) and still refuse compensation to the less than 1% of affected players. Extremely poor CS!