Stun effect on zombies

Charly R
Charly R
Potential Threat
Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 55
Why stun effect doesn't apply to zombies anymore? It was a good strategy using it against them. Is it a glitch or intended?

• Vegeta9192001
    Vegeta9192001
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2013 Posts: 500
    stun=no damage=no coining
  • Axel L
    Axel L
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 6,171
    I don't know exactly why but maybe to make them a bit more tricky to fight by making them impossible to slow down to a halt.

This has been a reality since 1 year ago where all zombies had full immunity to concussion and cryo. I'm actually even more disappointed about cry immunity as we got the ability to upgrade the cryo turret to level 10 approximately 1 year ago together with being able to upgrade the Napalm and Fire Bomb Artillery to level 10.
    Video games don't cause violence, lag does.
  • Axel L
    Axel L
    Unicorn Overlord
    edited 14 Oct 2017, 6:08AM
    stun=no damage=no coining
    I'm afraid to say that concussion would not be the main strategy to deal with zombies. I think the same strategies as last year will be used and I do especially refer to 1 unit that was very popular back then to slaughter zombies which will not named. However, you need to open a red envelope before anything else.
  • meemadd
    meemadd
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 1,090
    can you give us a hint,does it have a hero version and does that hero start with a b? LOL
  • Destroyer96376
    Destroyer96376
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 122

Would grenadiers full max against infaltry be eny good against zombie in bunkers

• Axel L
    Axel L
    Unicorn Overlord
    meemadd said:
    can you give us a hint,does it have a hero version and does that hero start with a b? LOL
    I have given you enough information to make it possible to figure out with either the hint or common WC knowledge.
  • DOBBA PHOENIX
    DOBBA PHOENIX
    WC Mod
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 1,242
    Charly R said:
    Why stun effect doesn't apply to zombies anymore? It was a good strategy using it against them. Is it a glitch or intended?

(unofficial banter alert) Kane has researched a new technology that made his units anti concussion ;) 

^^^Just bantering there :P ^^^

On a serious note, I dont remember the zombies being able to be concussed. I believe nightmares and doran worked well last year against the zombies. 

I am a KIXEYE Moderator but NOT a KIXEYE Employee. I am
    simply a player just like everyone of you all. Please keep your comments
    constructive, on point, and without violating the TOS or rules of the forums.

For a list of some of the things not tolerated on this post,
    please review the community forum rules which can be found at this link. www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/530465

To send a support ticket, please visit this link. https://warcommander.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

• cosmicwar
    cosmicwar
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2013 Posts: 156
    Axel L said:
    meemadd said:
    I have given you enough information to make it possible to figure out with either the hint or common WC knowledge.
    is it the ronin ?
  • WrongThinker
    WrongThinker
    WC Game Team
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,530
    Zombies have no brains to shake up, that's why they're always after brains.
    Lead Designer - War Commander
    KIXEYE
  • Axel L
    Axel L
    Unicorn Overlord
    cosmicwar said:
    Axel L said:
    meemadd said:
    is it the ronin ?
    I think the Ronin wasn't that popular back then.
  • cosmicwar
    cosmicwar
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2013 Posts: 156
    i saw zombies chasing dogs, i guess  that`s the  sort or brains they are after ? lol
  • Jason Ensinger
    Jason Ensinger
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 3,224
    Axel L said:
    cosmicwar said:
    Axel L said:
    meemadd said:
    is it the ronin ?
    Grenadiers!
  • chinapig
    chinapig
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 1,182
    Charly R said:

(unofficial banter alert) Kane has researched a new technology that made his units anti concussion ;) 

On a serious note, I dont remember the zombies being able to be concussed. I believe nightmares and doran worked well last year against the zombies. 
    Yes, historically zombies were able to be concussed. Seems Kixeye are changing the rules to suit themselves yet again, would be nice if they play fair for a change but I guess that's wishing for the impossible.

Wrong thinker I hop you take note here... it's stuff like this that really get on players nerves. We all know why we cant concuss zombies anymore and it is nothing to do with giving the players a more enjoyable gaming experience. Oh well, I guess I will need to boycott this event as well. Shame , I was looking forward to it.

• Dario Wilkowski
    Dario Wilkowski
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 1,779

@chinapig said:
    DOBBA PHOENIX said:

Charly R said:

Yes, historically zombies were able to be concussed. Seems Kixeye are changing the rules to suit themselves yet again, would be nice if they play fair for a change but I guess that's wishing for the impossible.

Wrong thinker I hop you take note here... it's stuff like this that really get on players nerves. We all know why we cant concuss zombies anymore and it is nothing to do with giving the players a more enjoyable gaming experience. Oh well, I guess I will need to boycott this event as well. Shame , I was looking forward to it.

You can do whatever you like, kixeye dont bother. They never did and never will. I dont play like vefore and happy :) got better game/s to spend my free time and $$ on :)

• Skipjack
    Skipjack
    WC Mod
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 3,536
    Frustration and criticism is welcome, keep it away from anti-company aka Kixeye, comments.  If you have nothing positive to offer and relevant to comment/post please refrain from doing so.  Thank you

Also you can refer to the forums for a list of rules which apply to forums, chats and world chats/comms. The link is : https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/530465

Kixeye Games Forum Moderator
  • The BlackHand
    The BlackHand
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 113
    I'm sorry but that logic is flawed. Zombies do have brains, that is why you shoot them in the head. It's the only way to kill them because that is where the virus that controls the body resides. I'm not crying out about the fact you've changed how concussion works on the undead, its shady yes, but that also made zombies extremely easy to kill. I'm just saying, keep the story straight and don't screw with the mythology. Zombies have brains, if you want a reason to make the events harder, come up with something that fits with the mythology. 
  • Axel L
    Axel L
    Unicorn Overlord
    Axel L said:
    cosmicwar said:
    Axel L said:
    meemadd said:
    is it the ronin ?
    Grenadiers!
    I don't think it was that popular against zombies and it doesn't tie into the final hint about the red envelope. "However, you need to open a red envelope before anything else."
  • Jason Ensinger
    Jason Ensinger
    Unicorn Overlord
    Axel L said:
    Axel L said:
    cosmicwar said:
    Axel L said:
    meemadd said:
    is it the ronin ?
    Grenadiers!
    I don't think it was that popular against zombies and it doesn't tie into the final hint about the red envelope. "However, you need to open a red envelope before anything else."
    Yeah, I don't know then, lol. I was pretty fresh back from a long absence last October and Grenadiers were about my only option with fire tech and good infantry damage, so I souped them up and they worked pretty well. Now I have a bunch of experts and rare custom and class tech to work with now and they worked really well with 8 across 2 bunkers with corrosive Lead Commandos for Invasion.
  • Dario Wilkowski
    Dario Wilkowski

@Axel L said:
    Jason Ensinger said:

Axel L said:

cosmicwar said:

Axel L said:

meemadd said:

is it the ronin ?

Grenadiers!

Hehe i get nice iron bars for my last reply i bet hehe never the less. He mean unit that name is of 7characters and got twice letter N in name lol :) well used to be extremely effective vs all kind of undead, but dont think so will be in any use this yr.

WT for your info zombies got brain, just need some fresh brain as they like the taste of it, i can guess its like bacon for living being :)

• Jason Ensinger
    Jason Ensinger
    Unicorn Overlord

@Axel L said:
    Jason Ensinger said:

Axel L said:

cosmicwar said:

Axel L said:

meemadd said:

is it the ronin ?

Grenadiers!

Hehe i get nice iron bars for my last reply i bet hehe never the less. He mean unit that name is of 7characters and got twice letter N in name lol :) well used to be extremely effective vs all kind of undead, but dont think so will be in any use this yr.

WT for your info zombies got brain, just need some fresh brain as they like the taste of it, i can guess its like bacon for living being :)

I got Inferno before the October event and leveled to 6, wasn't very effective for me. Just gave me a huge repair bill every time I used it. I figured higher levels would do better, but still a 15 hour repair for all it's health so...
  • Dario Wilkowski
    Dario Wilkowski

@Axel L said:
    Jason Ensinger said:

Axel L said:

cosmicwar said:

Axel L said:

meemadd said:

is it the ronin ?

Grenadiers!

I got Inferno before the October event and leveled to 6, wasn't very effective for me. Just gave me a huge repair bill every time I used it. I figured higher levels would do better, but still a 15 hour repair for all it's health so...
    Like all unique , 1st you need to learn how to use it to not get any dmg :) ofc u need some techs on it too