Update isnt working on ios again

John Jones22
John Jones22
Unicorn Overlord
Joined Feb 2015 Posts: 3,291

There is a common occurence with kix updates for ios that the game will not let you in and prompt you to update your version and take you to the ios game center to get the update. Then one of two things happen: there is no update for ios, or there is an update and you do the update but the game still wont let you enter and keeps sending you the update prompt. This time there is an update but once updated I still cant enter the game and I keep getting the "update to latest version" prompt even thouh I am updated. Can you guys fix whatever is causing this as the time it takes for this to be fixed every update is annoying.

• billybifocals
    billybifocals
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Dec 2014 Posts: 716

You might have to coin to load the game up, or alternatively uninstall and reinstall. I find that the game doesn't update correctly on android and often leaves behind over 1gb of old crap files. I wish they would just update the existing data rather than introduce completely new files that leaves behind so much clutter.

• Ulciscor
    Ulciscor
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 11

I have uninstalled and reinstalled three times, as well as resetting my iPad. Update still fails, typical kix stuff up!

• Ulciscor
    Ulciscor
    Greenhorn

I have submitted a bug report as well

• Hallack
    Hallack
    Incursion Leader
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 1,082

Yes, unable to load the game

• Commodore Nico
    Commodore Nico
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2016 Posts: 324

What iOS are you using? I’m using my iPhone 7 with latest iOS and seems to be working fine. Maybe if others cooperate their information on the devises they are using and such. It’ll be easier to identify to whom exactly the problem is targeting

• Revann
    Revann
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jan 2014 Posts: 2,250

I’m using iOS 11.02 on my iPad mini 4 and my iPhone SE, get prompted to update on both devices, no updates available, can’t play the game.

I have a hard enough time findin the desire to keep up with this game anymore, and now here I am finding myself Questioning is it even worth the effort at this point.

-Git Gud 
  • Revann
    Revann
    Master Tactician

My poor coin module is stuck at 25 coins and can’t be emptied.

-Git Gud 
  • GfK-Michael
    GfK-Michael
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2016 Posts: 2

On my iPhone I could update but not on my iPad. IOS on both devices are the latest.

• John Jones22
    John Jones22
    Unicorn Overlord

I had to use my broken android tablet that only works when plugged in and still turns off frequently just to repair some ships. Hopefully this will be resolved before the event.

• Hallack
    Hallack
    Incursion Leader
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 1,082

Still down with latest iOS, no update in store

• jinko821
    jinko821
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2015 Posts: 255
    never had this happen to me ever. i tapped the app and it wanted an update so it redirected me to the store. tapped the download update and started playing.
  • John Jones22
    John Jones22
    Unicorn Overlord

Still cant enter game on my ipad.

• Revann
    Revann
    Master Tactician

Got it working on my end. Uninstalled completely, restarted iPad, downloaded again and it worked. No mention of update in update center

-Git Gud 
  • Ulciscor
    Ulciscor
    Greenhorn

Still not working, time to find a new game

• CM Chris
    CM Chris
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 2,360
    We're looking into it - but if you're affected please send a ticket into support, along with detailing what steps you've already taken to try and help.
    VEGA Conflict Community Manager/Interim WC Community Manager

Community Rules: CLICK HERE
    Submit a Support Ticket: CLICK HERE
  • John Jones22
    John Jones22
    Unicorn Overlord

Thx Chris.

• Ulciscor
    Ulciscor
    Greenhorn

Updated to the latest iOS version on iPad, still not working

• Commodore Nico
    Commodore Nico
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2016 Posts: 324

What I have told another person to do is refresh the update section of the App Store. If ya don’t, it sometimes the update won’t appear. Anyways I filed a support ticket for those that can’t get on that game with the information that was presented here.

• John Jones22
    John Jones22
    Unicorn Overlord

@Commodore Nico said:
    What I have told another person to do is refresh the update section of the App Store. If ya don’t, it sometimes the update won’t appear. Anyways I filed a support ticket for those that can’t get on that game with the information that was presented here.

Yes that worked. Thx. Had to go to gamecenter then click on updates button down at the button. Then find vega conflict update in my updates section and do the update a couple times from that screen till it worked.

• EliteRanger
    EliteRanger
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jan 2015 Posts: 762

Oh I remember back in August certian Android devices had a similar situation. I missed an entire month. I sent a ticket not asking for much, just fill my res. I would have if I was able to log on. I should have fleet bay 13 by now. No response and no res. Wasn't expecting it. Just wish I would have gotten a response at least.

• Ulciscor
    Ulciscor
    Greenhorn

@jinko821 said:
    never had this happen to me ever. i tapped the app and it wanted an update so it redirected me to the store. tapped the download update and started playing.

Whoop-Di-Doo! Fantastic that this has never happened to you! Such help to those that this has happened to! Speaking for everyone else, we are all so pleased that you don't have this issue! Thanks for sharing!

• obeimak
    obeimak
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 4

You can try to reinstall the game

• obeimak
    obeimak
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 4

I have a same problem before, but this is easy to fix

• James Anderson52
    James Anderson52
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2016 Posts: 62

Kix refuses to fx their broken game the its their way of trying get players to buy more coins but in reality its causing more players to stop coining and become inactive or just quiting all together kix does not care hasn't cared in a long time so why play a game that continues to be broken

• Revann
    Revann
    Master Tactician

@James Anderson52 said:
    Kix refuses to fx their broken game the its their way of trying get players to buy more coins but in reality its causing more players to stop coining and become inactive or just quiting all together kix does not care hasn't cared in a long time so why play a game that continues to be broken

Saying it’s been along time since they cared, implies they once gave a ****. I do not believe they have ever given a ****.

-Git Gud 
  • Andrea Nard1
    Andrea Nard1
    Master Tactician
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 2,127
    edited 12 Oct 2017, 9:42PM
    enough is enough, if you can help post on this thread, otherwise keep your trolling out of it... I wish i could help the guys on IOS, but i do not have any any device on IOS, however your comments are just disgusting.
    You are the precise reason why this forums are toxic... not help when is required and just trolling your **** around
  • John Jones22
    John Jones22
    Unicorn Overlord

I clicked on app store then clicked on updates buttom at the bottom then scrolled up and found vega conflict and clicked on update several times till it worked. There seemed to be two vega conflicts updates. One at the bottom that did nothing and one up at the top that worked. That was the only way I could get the update to really load and not just say it did then not work.

• GameHat
    GameHat
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2013 Posts: 328
    edited 13 Oct 2017, 1:28AM
    You can see the current game version by going to the settings menu on web in game (top right corner, eg right now it says "Game Version: 1.109657"
    (there might be some other way to find it, but since web is on their site its always the real latest version)

on Android to see the currently installed version you go into the apps settings outside of the game; Settings -> Apps -> VEGA Conflict
    It will then be at the top under the name - I'm not quite sure where it is on iOS but it will be a similar/equivilent place to android.

If the one you install is lower than web, then you know that you dont have the real latest version, I have heard iOS store can be a dog when it comes to that (android might too, but thats more if you have the store still open when an update happens, and its easier to fix)

Either way, general rule of thumb would be:
    > You'd have to clear the Store App's data (not the vega apps data) or something so that its forced to check again and recongise there are new updates, since thats completely outside of vega itself uninstalling vega won't work
    > I'm sure if you google you could find a way to clear app store data on iOS, since im guessing its slightly different to clearing the play store's app cache on android

If that still doesn't work, google again would be your best option. Might be that your device is too old and apple is wanting to force you to update the OS.
    3 chins, 3 teams, one victor;
  • Revann
    Revann
    Master Tactician

@GameHat said:
    You can see the current game version by going to the settings menu on web in game (top right corner, eg right now it says "Game Version: 1.109657"
    (there might be some other way to find it, but since web is on their site its always the real latest version)

on Android to see the currently installed version you go into the apps settings outside of the game; Settings -> Apps -> VEGA Conflict
    It will then be at the top under the name - I'm not quite sure where it is on iOS but it will be a similar/equivilent place to android.

If the one you install is lower than web, then you know that you dont have the real latest version, I have heard iOS store can be a dog when it comes to that (android might too, but thats more if you have the store still open when an update happens, and its easier to fix)

Either way, general rule of thumb would be:
    > You'd have to clear the Store App's data (not the vega apps data) or something so that its forced to check again and recongise there are new updates, since thats completely outside of vega itself uninstalling vega won't work
    > I'm sure if you google you could find a way to clear app store data on iOS, since im guessing its slightly different to clearing the play store's app cache on android

If that still doesn't work, google again would be your best option. Might be that your device is too old and apple is wanting to force you to update the OS.

FYI, current iOS has a bunch of bugs. New updates have rolled out over the last couple weeks. 3 to be exact as of right now. “Clear the stores history” isn’t really the case here. Uninstalling/reinstalling worked for some, refreshing the update center worked for others. It seems to be hit or miss and those that have been effected are once again at the bottom of the priority list. I couldn’t even get customer support to clear my commerce module for me. Dicks.

-Git Gud 
  • M.V.K.0
    M.V.K.0
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jan 2017 Posts: 866
    Is there currently an Emulator you can use with say iOS in the meantime?? That would also supporting running VEGA Conflict at the sametime??

Thanks,

MVK