Repairs take too **** long !!!

Alfred VSP
Alfred VSP
Potential Threat
Joined Jan 2015 Posts: 38

Repairs are taking too much time .. all the players , i mean ALL OF US , think this .
That is all.

• Commodore Nico
    Commodore Nico
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2016 Posts: 324

For a events a bit, all I’d say is needed is a repair discount during the whole event for xeno and axis ships. Of at least 40% will do. Outside it’s alright. Once you been in a game long enough one has enough ships to have fvf with. For the little ones they simply have low rep to begin with

• billybifocals
    billybifocals
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Dec 2014 Posts: 716

@Alfred VSP said:
    Repairs are taking too much time .. all the players , i mean ALL OF US , think this .
    That is all.

Thanks for the update Big Ben, repairs have always taken too long.

• ron ZZ
    ron ZZ
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2017 Posts: 124

stage 1: what repair?
    stage 2: what event?
    stage 3: Vega.. what?

• AirChronic
    AirChronic
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2016 Posts: 273
    O.P. is 100% right.  Repair times are rediculous.  

"Repair discounts" are a sad excuse for actually LOWERING the repair times. 

• toolmanxiii
    toolmanxiii
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jan 2014 Posts: 707
    Allways have been always will be. thats 90% of Vega conflicts income .but I quit playing a year ago because of it.
    Born in 600 Before the insanity..
    Another Nerf .another Flop .Another Day with Kixeye
  • Nightmare Deathlock
    Nightmare Deathlock
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2014 Posts: 8,236

@Commodore Nico said:
    For a events a bit, all I’d say is needed is a repair discount during the whole event for xeno and axis ships. Of at least 40% will do. Outside it’s alright. Once you been in a game long enough one has enough ships to have fvf with. For the little ones they simply have low rep to begin with

Your dead wrong bud... Low levels immediately loose that fun low repair the moment instant is no longer available... Before the armor rebalance you could repair genesis cruisers for free almost all the time because tritanium was so worth it for the super low repair. Iridium 1 rancors could recieve as much as 15% damage before hitting over 5min and maxxed at 30min for a whole fleet... Now a single rancor is double its repair time with that same armor. Not exactly fun. For higher levels its even worse, do you seriously think wed have enough fvf fleets in a month to compensate for 24hr+ repairs per fleet? Unless you coin thats a massive NO. We want activity, we want to be in game for longer than a whopping 10-20min then gone the rest of the day. Repairs completely destroys that

• Commodore Nico
    Commodore Nico
    Skilled Warrior

@Nightmare Deathlock said:

@Commodore Nico said:

Your dead wrong bud... Low levels immediately loose that fun low repair the moment instant is no longer available... Before the armor rebalance you could repair genesis cruisers for free almost all the time because tritanium was so worth it for the super low repair. Iridium 1 rancors could recieve as much as 15% damage before hitting over 5min and maxxed at 30min for a whole fleet... Now a single rancor is double its repair time with that same armor. Not exactly fun. For higher levels its even worse, do you seriously think wed have enough fvf fleets in a month to compensate for 24hr+ repairs per fleet? Unless you coin thats a massive NO. We want activity, we want to be in game for longer than a whopping 10-20min then gone the rest of the day. Repairs completely destroys that

Sounds more like you need to learn how to pilot lol. If ya want everything to be insta then it would be boring. If you rely on instas to fight then you’re truly no fighter. And about the bigger guys which I’m one of, I have plenty of fleets from almost every level that I can have fun with if my biggest fleet is down. If you alway have too much repair time, then you’re piloting needs improvements or you’re picking the wrong fights.

Go big or go home.

• Jim Bo
    Jim Bo
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 502
    If your repairs are long, then learning how to pilot takes a lot longer... Lol the idea would be to practice with instant-rep ships tho if you can

yeah, overall repair times are too long in Vega. Decent, successful free-to-play games don't force you to wait for hours before you can play again.
  • Nightmare Deathlock
    Nightmare Deathlock
    Unicorn Overlord

@Commodore Nico said:

@Commodore Nico said:

Sounds more like you need to learn how to pilot lol. If ya want everything to be insta then it would be boring. If you rely on instas to fight then you’re truly no fighter. And about the bigger guys which I’m one of, I have plenty of fleets from almost every level that I can have fun with if my biggest fleet is down. If you alway have too much repair time, then you’re piloting needs improvements or you’re picking the wrong fights.

Go big or go home.

You clearly didnt see my point, my point is the fact when you **** something up as a new player you shouldnt be dumped a wait time so early in the game. You likely coined to get plenty of fleets because 2-3 ain't enough to sustain high level combat unless you happen to win most fights.

• Alpha29971
    Alpha29971
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2014 Posts: 6
    Repairs have always taken long the biggest issue now is... too many events and unavoidable damage.   For those with just 1 end game fleet you loose that fleet and need to wait until tomorrow to use it again.  Before you specifically designed an event fleet and for the most part that fleet could be reused just for events and if you piloted well you can take out the highest event Vega fleets with minimal repairs.  With this alien crap you cannot avoid damage and even refitting your alien fleet will take forever or cost too much so its not worth doing it anymore.  To defeat reapers you need to use cruisers or battleships anything else is not very effective. To defeat hives you need cruisers or cutters.  So what does that tell you... build cruisers problem is reapers use energy, alien and plasma, hives use explosive, alien and plasma so even your cruisers can't be reused unless you have double the number of cruisers and equip them for what you intend to hit them with. Bottom line unavoidable damage, long refits/cost so you cannot refit in preparation for event, too many events means just build cruisers which is the hull with the most armor slots most shield slots = longest repairs.  So why not have 2 fleets of cruisers you ask... well end game players do but after you loose the 2 fleets to unavoidable damage you now wait 2 days for them to repair. 

I miss the old days.

I won't even bring up outposts...

• Nightmare Deathlock
    Nightmare Deathlock
    Unicorn Overlord

Repairs in the old days werent nearly as terrible as now... Back then it was understandable my zynthium rev fleet would take 18hrs (cause zynth was a bad idea lol). But using iridium or lower armors resulted in 12hrs or less repairs which made things plenty fun...

• Commodore Nico
    Commodore Nico
    Skilled Warrior

@Commodore Nico said:

@Commodore Nico said:

Go big or go home.

You clearly didnt see my point, my point is the fact when you **** something up as a new player you shouldnt be dumped a wait time so early in the game. You likely coined to get plenty of fleets because 2-3 ain't enough to sustain high level combat unless you happen to win most fights.

Nope I haven’t coin, merely stayed consistent and smart on my builds. I have 2 big fleets as in 80+ fleets. And yes I win most of my fights. But anyways did say I have many fleets for almost every level to fight with. Means I don’t just fight with big fleets. And about your rev fleet being only 12hrs rep, that’s a rather bad comparison considering that the tier gap between xeno and rebel tech.

• Nightmare Deathlock
    Nightmare Deathlock
    Unicorn Overlord

@Commodore Nico said:

@Commodore Nico said:

@Commodore Nico said:

Go big or go home.

Nope I haven’t coin, merely stayed consistent and smart on my builds. I have 2 big fleets as in 80+ fleets. And yes I win most of my fights. But anyways did say I have many fleets for almost every level to fight with. Means I don’t just fight with big fleets. And about your rev fleet being only 12hrs rep, that’s a rather bad comparison considering that the tier gap between xeno and rebel tech.

I was talking about the old days in that comment about my revs, might wanna check your reading there. My point on repairs is that they are way to long... I dont care if you have a million covenants ffs its the fact repairs are over a day thats bullshit. You shouldnt be forced to build so many hulls to compensate for some large repair time, players dont like day long repairs especially when damage is unavoidable and for new players by no means should you have fleets that easily exceed 5min for 10% damage on the first tier of ships unless you purposefully use zynthium 1 or something... Talon and onwards? Sure. 12hrs for maximum top tier fleet repair times is a perfect amount and i almost guarentee more players will coin those kinds of repairs vs 24hr-3days now. Good for you you managed to build a ton of ships.

• Harlan Harvey
    Harlan Harvey
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 1,743

Yes, my lvl 95+ fleets take 24hrs + to repair

Unfortunately, my piloting skills mean absolute jack during PVE which is where 90% of my repair time comes from.

• Commodore Nico
    Commodore Nico
    Skilled Warrior

@Commodore Nico said:

@Commodore Nico said:

@Commodore Nico said:

Go big or go home.

I was talking about the old days in that comment about my revs, might wanna check your reading there. My point on repairs is that they are way to long... I dont care if you have a million covenants ffs its the fact repairs are over a day thats bullshit. You shouldnt be forced to build so many hulls to compensate for some large repair time, players dont like day long repairs especially when damage is unavoidable and for new players by no means should you have fleets that easily exceed 5min for 10% damage on the first tier of ships unless you purposefully use zynthium 1 or something... Talon and onwards? Sure. 12hrs for maximum top tier fleet repair times is a perfect amount and i almost guarentee more players will coin those kinds of repairs vs 24hr-3days now. Good for you you managed to build a ton of ships.

And you say I don’t get the point lol. I’m saying it’s a bad comparison in general because the tiers are different. That was top tier once but it is still overall not better then a superior tier. So you sir is that one that needs to read carefully. And about building many hulls, the number of hulls gradually increases over time. So when you get to the higher levels, you’ll have fleets from the past still. The older the account the more fleets you have. Repair times are not high for it’s tier. If something is better and have more armor, it’s logical to have more repair time. Not have less repair time, that wouldn’t be logical. Well maybe I’m just used to rep because my alliance is usually in war so I manage my stuff more properly. But people gotta understand that, either the easy with good mentor, or hard way by getting lots of repair time. Which is how I learned to pilot pretty **** well.

• Nightmare Deathlock
    Nightmare Deathlock
    Unicorn Overlord

You didnt read that it was a OLD time fleet xD a fleet thats obviously not strong now but was good then and still had reasonable repair times for being "top tier" unlike your 3day bullshit gaurdian fleets now :p

• Commodore Nico
    Commodore Nico
    Skilled Warrior

You didnt read that it was a OLD time fleet xD a fleet thats obviously not strong now but was good then and still had reasonable repair times for being "top tier" unlike your 3day bullshit gaurdian fleets now :p

And you didn’t read either ****, I said it was once top tier but still can’t be compared to top tier now cause the power difference of both tiers are still far apart. I’m general in any game, things take more time the better it gets, not less. Let me use an example from another type of game but still principle in terms of growth. In racing games cars get progressively better but more expensive, it is the same concept here. Stronger but more repair

• Nightmare Deathlock
    Nightmare Deathlock
    Unicorn Overlord

So your fine with 3day repairs if you accidentally get your fleet killed? Especially in pve situations where you cant use them for events after the fact?

• Commodore Nico
    Commodore Nico
    Skilled Warrior

So your fine with 3day repairs if you accidentally get your fleet killed? Especially in pve situations where you cant use them for events after the fact?

Accidentally? If you have a fleet that good you don’t accidentally kill your fleet unless you just started and coined that fleet ****. In that case accidentally stuff wouldn’t matter. And for pve, one must know by then your limit or at least make a good guess and be strategic about facing targets. Make sure that your repair time goes well with times that you’re busy so that you got something to do. Or use other fleets to battle others.

• Nightmare Deathlock
    Nightmare Deathlock
    Unicorn Overlord

"Accidentally" meanint you **** up your strategy and took a massive amount of unintended damage

• karthik Gopalan
    karthik Gopalan
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2015 Posts: 241

@Commodore Nico said:

@Commodore Nico said:

Go big or go home.

This isnt how I was taught to pilot. I used to take one ship and learn to pilot against the in planet fleets a lot. Then even if i screwed up you have other ships to play with. I then used to take fleets with low to no armour and learn to pilot. Yes insta rep was a big advantage. I still can get insta reps in the lower fleets. If you are a low level progressing along with the right tier of ships is important. If u stack up ur t4 with loads of armour and hit a repaer well u are going to get massive amounts of repair. The same for pvp too. Repairs have always been large. Even before the rebalance days. You can still do glass canons and ensure u have smaller rep time. It's totally upto you on what you wanna play for. PVP or PVE. I am still a terrible pilot btw. Cos for PVE we don't need so much piloting skills anymore... do we. 
  • Nightmare Deathlock
    Nightmare Deathlock
    Unicorn Overlord

I understand that but the punishment of 3 days repair in the case you may have messed up something is a bit high dont you think? Yeah repairs were fairly high back then but back then even at 18hrs possible repairs... I was using armor i actually didnt need. Nowadays because of the guarenteed damage your GOING to recieve repairs wether you like it or not... Which forces you to use armor that at least keeps you alive. Your not surviving a hive without something like heretics and zynthium 5 or skirmish 3... You will definitely not survive a outpost without armor to guard you from the damage they will deal.

• zparadis
    zparadis
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Mar 2017 Posts: 677
    Allways have been always will be. thats 90% of Vega conflicts income .but I quit playing a year ago because of it.
    If you are not playing anymore, why are you here?
  • karthik Gopalan
    karthik Gopalan
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2015 Posts: 241

I understand that but the punishment of 3 days repair in the case you may have messed up something is a bit high dont you think? Yeah repairs were fairly high back then but back then even at 18hrs possible repairs... I was using armor i actually didnt need. Nowadays because of the guarenteed damage your GOING to recieve repairs wether you like it or not... Which forces you to use armor that at least keeps you alive. Your not surviving a hive without something like heretics and zynthium 5 or skirmish 3... You will definitely not survive a outpost without armor to guard you from the damage they will deal.

I understand what you are saying. I believe that there is a fundamental capability lacking, which we had earlier. If you had a fleet setup for PVE you could use the same for PVP as well. That is not the case now. And I am not sure what the answer is. Are Maruders the answer ? Maybe. I am skeptical till I see it in action. If you bring a fleet to defend your farming fleet, well that's not setup for PVE and hence the aggro might catch you. Perhaps the answer is, aggro only fleets which have engaged in PVE. Leave the rest alone. Hence if your PVE fleet is engaged with the NPC fleet, and you are attacked by a PVP fleet, then you have a fair chance. BTW none of my ships use the new shields. I use recharge shields only. They work way better for me. Hence I dont see the three day repairs. 
  • Commodore Nico
    Commodore Nico
    Skilled Warrior

"Accidentally" meanint you **** up your strategy and took a massive amount of unintended damage

Harder to mess up than to get it right honestly. And that’s why one gotta know their limit so if for some reason they do, their repair isn’t too high that it would affect him or her greatly