Is there any way to defend your base offline?

Whiskey-Tango3
Whiskey-Tango3
Skilled Warrior
Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 448
I have been trying several different base designs and toon set ups trying to find a way to at least give them some damage after attacking my base when not online. i have not been very successful in this attempt. have tried hades and phalanx mix both on defend and attack. i have mixed other unit in there like acolytes as they eat the jug up pretty good but i just can't find the right formula. any suggestions or is it just now impossible to defend a base? Is i9t better just to leave it empty and not even try? Im a level 47 with all my turrets maxed and nothing seems to phase attackers when I'm offline
  • Trent Bain
    Trent Bain
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 82
    hades for air, phalanx for land and war dogs for troops, but really unless on line to control troops, there just sitting duck. any base can be destroyed, best you can hope for in giving them alot of damage

• supremedalek
    supremedalek
    Greenhorn
    Joined Aug 2016 Posts: 10
    I don't defend base with toons. Base only takes 60 mins to repair but toons take a long time and cost. If I need res I wait until base is protected and then gather what I need to spend on upgrades. Filled bunkers and turrets with libs and they at least damage the attacks.
  • john.l
    john.l
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 111
    Just leave it, don't defend, it is 1 hour repair so when you get on you can pop and go about your business like you want not hit. Crazy putting def in bases when you go offline now.
  • audirs5
    audirs5
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2016 Posts: 50
    you might aswell take toons out of base offline cause of stupid herald
  • Endor
    Endor
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 540
    edited 4 Aug 2017, 1:07AM
    I use defenders. 6-7 hades, 1-2 seekers, 6 phalanx, and a dog. If someone wants to attack my base and I'm offline, most of the highest-evel will be able to kill it, I understand that.  But the least I can do is cause them some damage when I'm at it.  And if it takes 16 hours and 10million oil/metal to repair them, so what?  My troops aren't doing anything while I"m offline anyway.  And if I want to prioritize repairing my attacking troops when I'm offline, I'll do that, and repair my defenders whenever I have time for it.  

Someone can kill my base, sure, but I'm not going to make it any easier for them.  And I've seen cases where people will roll up to my base, see the defenders, and leave, rather than take the losses.  There's plenty of other easier targets out there.
  • Endor
    Endor
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 540
    For example, last night I got hit offline for 100% flat.  The attacker lost his growler, ardra, omega juggernaut, and omega hydra, and finished with titan/sandstorm/herald, which also probably took a chunk of damage. I got 11 hours of damage, but caused at least 38 hours of damage to the attacker (or at least 19 hours if PvP platoon).  

If I didn't have defenders, he would have been able to walk through my base with the juggernaut & ardra with instant repair.  So either he's out of commission doing base attacks for a day, or he's got a huge coin repair bill.  Either way, it doesn't really affect my base.  I can pop anytime I want, either with no defenders, or half repaired, or fully repaired, doesn't affect how I play the game.
  • BABY- ANGEL
    BABY- ANGEL
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2016 Posts: 10
    Well..placing plats around your base will greatly reduce the odds of you getting whacked. Providing you arent a target or a low lv with high infamy the infamy  whores that port in and out looking for quick and easy will normally just drive right past you., I dont like the 0 defender approach if im in home sector. Your not doing anyone in your sector any favors if you are not taxing those attacking units a bit. Oh, its off topic but please stop posting cords of **** your begging for while sector under fire.

• Huzaifa_K5
    Huzaifa_K5
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2017 Posts: 3
    edited 28 Sep 2017, 5:23PM
    Endor said:
    For example, last night I got hit offline for 100% flat.  The attacker lost his growler, ardra, omega juggernaut, and omega hydra, and finished with titan/sandstorm/herald, which also probably took a chunk of damage. I got 11 hours of damage, but caused at least 38 hours of damage to the attacker (or at least 19 hours if PvP platoon).  

If I didn't have defenders, he would have been able to walk through my base with the juggernaut & ardra with instant repair.  So either he's out of commission doing base attacks for a day, or he's got a huge coin repair bill.  Either way, it doesn't really affect my base.  I can pop anytime I want, either with no defenders, or half repaired, or fully repaired, doesn't affect how I play the game.
    what did you use in you defend plz tell me