Need Help - Old Player Returning

Natediz
Natediz
Greenhorn
Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 6
Hey all,
I'm hoping to get some general help on building fleets that are now relevant in the game.  I am returning from a 2 year break on the game, and it appears I was gifted a zelos fleet.  However, this whole new breakdown of the game into Assault/Garrison/Siege/etc. has got me lacking the right fleets to play the current game.

Here are my two priorities I would like assistance with:

A fleet that can complete the Forsaken Mission on a weekly basis - so a Garrison fleet it appears
A fleet that can gather uranium- however we do that currently not sure

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.  The best Garrison ship i have appears to be the Citadel.  Please link any builds that would be useful in clearing the 68 or 88 missions.  Thanks all.
  • SmilinBob
    SmilinBob
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 634
    Zelos will get you a lot of things done if built for the purpose you want them for.  The generalist series of hulls is just that, a general all around hull that works for multiple things.

For weekly FM, I would suggest using a citadel fleet with a zelos anti tank, if you have the Harlock Citadel flagship even better.  Also consider a lot of todays targets it helps to have high splash as well so mortars with high splash are a plus.  Either build a new zelos or refit one you were gifted as an anti ship balancing maximum penetrating and explosive defenses.  There are many such builds out there on various web sites such as The Forsaken Coucil Facebook page.  This anti ship and your citadels should be able to do fm targets adequately enough to get you through.  I personally use the Monolith for mine which is a faster, higher health, more annoying to drive version of the citadel due to speed changes.  I also have my monolith flagship built as an anti ship also because regardless of the distance you keep the zelos apart from your fleet it will always take some damage and the flagship will protect the fleet while the zelos takes most of the damage.  This is what you should work towards if you can find an event to get monoliths from.  I average about 6 minutes total fleet damage in the 113 targets for FM.

For gathering uranium, the quickest easiest fleet I have found is to use Icebreakers in Drac Uranium Bases.  They are fast and take little damage and can auto the drac bases easily and you can be full up on uranium in 10-15 minutes.

The other fleet you will be needing is one that can gather base parts.  These will allow you to build or equip all of your base buildings and turrets for only the cost of base parts and resources for instant builds.  Most comonly people are using Cannoneers but you can use the Ironclad also.  This will greatly speed up your base building.  You can upgrade anything that is not related to Outpost level 10 instantly.  You can equip items on to any level of buildings and turrets instantly providing they dont cost more base parts than the max you can hold.  You can cut off somewhere around 14-15 days of build time with max base parts.

Lastly you will need a fleet to get Titanium with.  Some of the level 9 and 10 stuff require Titanium to build.  The targets are the level 91 megahulls that are only available when sector threat is Orange.  If you can manage to get the Phoenix, its like an Apollo on steroids, you can auto the 91 megahull targets for small damage.

I can post some links in a couple hours when I can get them together for you.

Good luck

Happy Killmore
  • Natediz
    Natediz
    Greenhorn
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 6
    Great write up Smilin Bob, definitely the info I needed to focus on what I need to do.  Thanks for the tips and I look forward to your links on some builds.
  • KingMillo
    KingMillo
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 47
  • Terrill Conant
    Terrill Conant
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 50
    For weekly fm, I would avoid building citadels, rather, go with either Empyrians or Monoliths, either hull will work on 113's, which is what you will want to target in order to make t5 and a reset, the citadels will only allow you to do 88's, which will require almost 40 just to make your first t5 set, as opposed to emps or mono's that will do t5 with 3 113's

• SmilinBob
    SmilinBob
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 634
    Here are some builds to start with.  I know that a lot of this tech you will not have but use it as a guide for what your building and work towards something like this.  These are all ships in fleets I still use today and sometimes daily.  There are other builds also but this should get you some ideas.

https://www.dahippo.com/bp/ship/#!JP730000L0L345R6M722Y2B2B2B2B2B2B2B2B0NY00000005K346M4C722Y57C22B2BC5C5C5C50NV04242424276716M5E3428AWAWAWAWAWAWAW0O1043432P2P037935412U392E57AZAZAZB3B3B300I0424243434238175K73445756565650521B1B1B1B28282828dE