This is NOT the forum for War Commander web. For that forum, go here: https://www.kixeye.com/forum/categories/war-commander

War Commander: Rogue Assault is a new mobile title from KIXEYE. Any topics created that are not about WC:RA will be moved to the appropriate forum.

Are timers off?

lasciviouscajuns
lasciviouscajuns
Minor Nuisance
Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 204
Are timers for workshop,tech center, academy etc. off by a LOT?  I'm not talking 5 or 10 min...I'm talking 5 or 6 HOURS on a 24 or 48 hour build.
  • Eye Oh
    Eye Oh
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 182
    timers have always been in kix's favor the last few years, especially repair... they are not synced  with real time. over each hour you will lose so much for each timer in your base and then over the course of the day, yes it could be an hour or more...
  • devilnuts
    devilnuts
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 157
    Eye Oh said:
    timers have always been in kix's favor the last few years, especially repair... they are not synced  with real time. over each hour you will lose so much for each timer in your base and then over the course of the day, yes it could be an hour or more...
    not true, some of the timers do stop when you get smashed or do defending events/invasions. But, there are bigger issues here. They force you to be online to collect your xp. im never online for my xp, so its whatever.
  • lasciviouscajuns
    lasciviouscajuns
    Minor Nuisance
    devilnuts said:
    Eye Oh said:
    not true, some of the timers do stop when you get smashed or do defending events/invasions. But, there are bigger issues here. They force you to be online to collect your xp. im never online for my xp, so its whatever.
    really??? That explains A LOT
  • lasciviouscajuns
    lasciviouscajuns
    Minor Nuisance
    and I haven't been hit in several days (4 since even a plat has been sniped) but I try to set up my timers to end right as I wake up or right as I go to bed. But I'm starting a 24 hour WS upgrade at 9 PM and it's not ending until midnight or later.
  • Skipjack
    Skipjack
    WC Mod
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 3,534
    Are timers for workshop,tech center, academy etc. off by a LOT?  I'm not talking 5 or 10 min...I'm talking 5 or 6 HOURS on a 24 or 48 hour build.
    Do you qualify for Customer Support?  I would suggest sending a ticket if you do.  Having the timer stop and start for your upgrades, repairs, etc is not normal and you would be in a better place to have Kixeye check your account.
    Thank you.
    Kixeye Games Forum Moderator
  • Eye Oh
    Eye Oh
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 182
    i never said they didn't stop for attacks... all i said was that they are not synced to real time...
  • Macker666
    Macker666
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 98
    not sure if the same issue - but i had less than 5 mins left in workshop upgrade - clicked finish for free, got the disconnect error, when i logged back on there was 1h 5mins still left on the upgrade, did the usual clear cache etc but no change
  • lasciviouscajuns
    lasciviouscajuns
    Minor Nuisance
    Skipjack said:
    Do you qualify for Customer Support?  I would suggest sending a ticket if you do.  Having the timer stop and start for your upgrades, repairs, etc is not normal and you would be in a better place to have Kixeye check your account.
    Thank you.
    Skipjack I do qualify and I will send a ticket. But you know what they will say "timers aren't synched to real time". Or it's an error on your end. I don't know that they are actually stopping but maybe running slow? 
  • Stuart_P18
    Stuart_P18
    Greenhorn
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 16
    well i was waiting for 38 min finish on workshop today left my base got res came back timmer said 1hr 1min so loged off then back on again timer was at 1hr 32mins

• devilnuts
    devilnuts
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 157
    i never have that issue on kix unless its during event or ive been attacked
  • Skipjack
    Skipjack
    WC Mod
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 3,534
    edited 27 Sep 2017, 12:06AM
    Skipjack said:
    Thank you.
    Skipjack I do qualify and I will send a ticket. But you know what they will say "timers aren't synched to real time". Or it's an error on your end. I don't know that they are actually stopping but maybe running slow? 
    I am going to forward this to the team for a closer look.  I will admit, as a player <Mod Hat Off> I too have been frustrated by repairs didn't count down correctly, OR didn't repair at all and just stopped.  Upgrades on a unit or the building itself that failed because I got hit and the building was 100% dmg'd so whatever I had running never completed. 

<Mod hat Back On> If your clock looks out of Sync with real time then I still think that needs to be addressed as well... So thank you for sending a ticket and I will also touch base with the team and see what we can find out.  I appreciate your patience.
    Kixeye Games Forum Moderator