Reason 2020 End of Kixeye Flash Games ??

mihir.hatmode
mihir.hatmode
Potential Threat
Joined May 2014 Posts: 98
edited 9 Aug 2017, 11:53AM
the game will shutdown as " Adobe Finally Kills Flash Dead " 

IN 2010, STEVE Jobs banished Adobe Flash from the iPhone. It was too insecure, Jobs wrote, too proprietary, too resource-intensive, too unaccommodating for a platform run by fingertips instead of mouse clicks. All of those gripes hold true. And now Adobe itself has finally conceded.

The company announced Tuesday that it would “stop updating and distributing the Flash Player,” giving the end of 2020 as its end-of-life date. With that, the internet’s favorite punching bag deflates.

No one should shed a tear for Flash’s coming disappearance. The web will be safer, faster, smoother without it. But between now and 2020, the internet does need to figure out how to deal with the remains.

Pain in the Flash

It’s rude to speak ill of the dead, but since Flash is technically still in the process of dying, we can allow ourselves a moment of reflection.

You can take your pick of arguments against Flash, but let’s start with security. It offers very little. In fact, for years now, it has constantly threatened to upend yours.

“Flash has been a favorite amongst exploit kit authors for several years,” says Jérôme Segura, lead malware analyst at Malwarebytes. “Due to an alarming number of zero-day exploits distributed via large malvertising campaigns in recent years, many in the security community have urged users to completely remove Flash from their machines.”

Take your pick of incidents just last year. Flash security holes enabled attacks against all major desktop platforms last October and June, with Windows-focused hits coming in May and April. This is not normal! There’s no great analog comparison for something so pervasive that fails so often, but imagine a heavily trafficked bridge that spontaneously gives way every few months. You should not drive on that bridge.

Source : https://www.wired.com/story/adobe-finally-kills-flash-dead/

• Delphinus
    Delphinus
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 507
    been posted many times... 
  • BO-Hellbringer
    BO-Hellbringer
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 144
    edited 9 Aug 2017, 12:07PM
    this Flash thing post been made hundred times 
    Game wont die When flash dies it has nothing to with it HTML Canvas and WebGL languages are already here
    so all the flash games will be transitioned on both languages  and none of THE FLASH GALE IS GOING TO DIE
    how many times this should be said
    for additional information HTML5 Canvas and WebGL are both made with JS a language that its insane powerful in every way 

if you dig Deeper even 
    HTML5 Canvas is better for new games to be written directly on it 
    while WebGL is more flexible and you can migrate old flash game to WebGL with ease 

which one is better it depends but in WebGL there are no LIMITS 
    so personal i think War Commander is going to WebGL instead of HTML5 Canvas 
    because there is Code that already been written 
  • Maximus_Destructicus
    Maximus_Destructicus
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 3,605
    such a long post.....  it is addressed in the Q&A sticky already.  They know about it, they don't know what to do about it yet, they will address it in 2018 or 2019.

• Rob de R
    Rob de R
    Master Tactician
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 2,000

Q&A feat. Sobokop (Updated w. Answers) (August 2017)

«1234»
    Go
    • llamola
      llamola
      Potential Threat
      Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 77

Commanders,

First, I want to thank the community for participating in this Q&A session. I’ve always been amazed at the passion you guys show for the game. I want to be completely transparent with you about the technical issues we’re having with the game, and what we’re doing to improve things.

It’s unfortunate that we’ve let sentiment get to the point where our valued players think that we’re neglecting the game. On the contrary, we’re spending most of our engineering effort improving the stability of the game and the performance of our battles.

Without further ado, let’s get to some questions and answers!

Why does it seem like some players aren't affected at all by the lag/performance issues and others are?

Lag during battle can be caused by a number of factors:

1. More expensive battles running on the same battle server that are contending for resources.
      2. Lots of building animations cause Flash to redraw the entire screen. We’re working on a way to optionally turn off those animations during battle.
      3. Some players have large, crufty bases which contain a lot of now-unused data.
      4. Battles that contain a lot of units. Our halloween events, for example, can contain hundreds of zombies, which add a lot of processing and drawing time.
      5. Playing on a high-latency internet connection like mobile or satellite networks. Satellite networks, for example, take almost a second for a message to from your PC to our server. There’s nothing we can do to lower that, unfortunately.
      6. Geographic proximity to our battle servers. Generally speaking, the lower the ping time between you and our battle servers, the better your experience will be.

Shockwave crash is far too common. Are there any plans to address this?

We’ve also noticed this becoming more and more common. The culprit here is that our game client is using too much memory. As some of you pointed out, the client is allocating upwards of 3 Gigabytes of RAM when fully loaded. We plan to address this by reducing the amount of data needed to load the game, and by compacting the data already there. Both of those efforts are in progress now.

There are reports online about newer versions of Flash Player crashing when graphics acceleration is enabled. You could try disabling it by right-clicking on the game client, clicking “Settings” and disabling Hardware Acceleration.

What will happen when flash is no longer supported in 2020?

In 2018 or 2019, we are going to have to transition to using a different game client technology. The least risky course of action is to convert our (significant) codebase from Flash to the programming language Haxe and use HTML5 Canvas or WebGL to do rendering. That way, we’d be able to keep the game on the web, avoid using another plugin, and take advantage of performance optimizations available in modern browsers. We also want to avoid completely reimplementing the game client as that would take years.

LVL 45

You thought scrooge was bad? 
  • Eye Oh
    Eye Oh
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 179
    so if they migrate over... do we get to keep the famous lag and dc and other game issues that have been patched for years... i am no techy but it seems to write new data for another platform for all the game... wouldn't it be a bit expensive to start from stratch all over again
  • WhiteZombie5
    WhiteZombie5
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 97
    if anyone on here is in USA and still gets this lag and dcding all the time ,pleases post a yes on here i just want to see how many there are ,because kixeye says lag is due to how far u are from them ,or claiming so ,but the guys in USA i ply along side have all the issue i do so **** is kixeye on about ,so just to get a simple view on this would be an eye opener if most said yes ,so please just put a yes and we will see if this BS is real or fabrication by kixeye to hide the truth, that thier just chit at this :)  ,thank you all
    You Gotta  Be Having A Bubble .......
  • NotRalleYTN
    NotRalleYTN
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2016 Posts: 14
    vega conflict went to steam when Unity disappeared.
    the other games will probably.... maybe do the same.
  • Thane_Mantis
    Thane_Mantis
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2017 Posts: 305
    vega conflict went to steam when Unity disappeared.
    the other games will probably.... maybe do the same.
    Unity never really disappeared though. Browsers like Chrome just stopped supporting it.
  • Yard
    Yard
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2010 Posts: 11,781

Tangential though this is, weren't Kixeye meant to have several new games in the works? Are they still coming out at some point? I wonder what they'd run on if so, presumably after VC they already started developing in something else.

• Thane_Mantis
    Thane_Mantis
    Skilled Warrior
    Yard said:

Tangential though this is, weren't Kixeye meant to have several new games in the works? Are they still coming out at some point? I wonder what they'd run on if so, presumably after VC they already started developing in something else.

I do remember seeing some new trademarks pitch up filed by KIXEYE. A couple were abandoned, but I think a few others were granted extensions this year. I'll go look em back up. See what the status is for em. 
  • Thane_Mantis
    Thane_Mantis
    Skilled Warrior
    edited 21 Sep 2017, 10:16PM
    Alright, I found some of those old trademarks filed, and there's 4 pertaining to so far unreleased products.
    3 are dead, 1 is still active, with an extension granted this year. Click the links below to read up on em.
    LIVE:
    Kingdom Maker | 6/28/2017 | SECOND EXTENSION - GRANTED

DEAD:
    Wildorn | 10/17/2016 | ABANDONED - NO STATEMENT OF USE FILED
    Wildlanders | 10/3/2016 | ABANDONED - NO STATEMENT OF USE FILED
    Shadow Forge | 5/23/2016 | ABANDONED - NO STATEMENT OF USE FILED

I might take a look to see if there are any copyright filings associated with any of these 4 unannounced projects as well. Perhaps this Kingdom Maker which seems to be the exception in this group is moving full steam ahead in the KIXEYE offices.
    Here's the main KIXEYE page on Trademarkia as well, if anyone wants to look at their other trademarks.