This is NOT the forum for War Commander web. For that forum, go here: https://www.kixeye.com/forum/categories/war-commander

War Commander: Rogue Assault is a new mobile title from KIXEYE. Any topics created that are not about WC:RA will be moved to the appropriate forum.

AI SUCKS

Funken_A
Funken_A
Minor Nuisance
Joined Apr 2017 Posts: 109
I use mortarmen..  So I put my tanks into a position to absorb fire. I turn the auto AI off and yet the tanks just take off and go after the salvo exposing my mortar men either causing me precious time or wasted troops because the game doesn't behave the way it supposed to

Why do my tanks decide to do what they are not told to do when I turn the AI off

ITS COSTING ME OIL

How the hell am I supposed ot use strategy when my troops just do whatever they want with the AI off
Oil I need oil.. Oil to play Oil to justify playing Oil just oil
  • Yourakk
    Yourakk
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 85

I got the same problem as you. Something must be changed.

• Funken_A
    Funken_A
    Minor Nuisance
    I keep losing oil do to AI not acting predictably, and the GUI interfaces causing dead spots where you are despertely trying ot move a trop out of harms way but instead they just keep walking inward because you can not lay down the command do to GUI interference.

2 minutes in the box for GUI interference Kixeye
  • Funken_A
    Funken_A
    Minor Nuisance
    AI is doing all kinds of weird stuff.

I am clearly walking my troops to the other side of cover. They are closer to the target then they were when I started the move. SO I now select the target I was adjusting for and now my troops want to walk the longest way back from which I came from to expose themselves to defensive fire instead of just moving the closer distance to my target. This cost me oil and time

SO now I'm finally behind cover and I take out 1 of multiple defense in front of me. I take out defense one. Defense 2 is sitting right next to it all my troops have to do is move just a little and stay behind the cover. NOPE now the troops want to move away and to the extreme, into the open to attack this defense. WHY... After 5 or more attempts to get the troops to stay in a cover position they finally do, but why did they want to walk out into the open to begin with. This cost me time and oil because I lose troops to no fault of my own and because i lost precious time I have to rush the rest which means I can not avoid mines as well causing me troop damage and more oil
  • Funken_A
    Funken_A
    Minor Nuisance
    Had a tank head to the complete other-side of the map when i asked it to go in the opposite direction

cost me troops.

Selected all troops on another attack and all but my humvee headed towards the spot I pressed the humvees decided they needed ot go else where costing me  troops

hard to be strategic when I can not depend upon troop AI much at all. Almost every attack has an unexplained troop move for me. No I do not spam my troops I use infantry and try ot do precise movements to limit my oil consumption but lately its as if they are intentionally walking into trouble outside my commands
  • Funken_A
    Funken_A
    Minor Nuisance
    yep completely lost the ability to get troops to act as directed and make intelligent routes
  • Funken_A
    Funken_A
    Minor Nuisance
    and of course now I'm seeing tanks stay in position better.. Is this a bug that was fixed or is it a bug that will come back
  • Funken_A
    Funken_A
    Minor Nuisance
    There is a HUGE problem with troops not responding to commands. 

I'm going to end up putting my finger thru the screen I'm tapping so hard and furiously and yet my troops walk into their suicide no matter what i do
  • Funken_A
    Funken_A
    Minor Nuisance
    so I go to hit my select all troops button to start a battle.. Oh look there goes my machine gunners instead on the opposite side of the map where the select all button is, walking to their death.

tick tock.. fix the AI bugs otherwise the game is pointless.... Not going to buy my way thru a game , that defeats the purpose of playing so fix the game already

• Funken_A
    Funken_A
    Minor Nuisance
    Need to say this again. AI is unreliable to often. Tired of pointing my troops to a spot to stay only to see 1 or 2 troops keep moving on forcing me to have to react in real time to a situation I did not intend to happen

GUI dead spots make it even harder to do a mistake free battle
  • Funken_A
    Funken_A
    Minor Nuisance
    Still having issues and it makes my game unplayable. Placed my tanks in a position to absorb fire and made sure AI was off and they kept taking off and going after the salvo. 

Ruined my attack lost troops lost time and lost 6000 oil that almost half of my entire oil supply... SO now what..Not enough oil to earn anything today

Might as well just spam attacks and take heavy losses since it pays better

but who want to play that game.. I hate that game
  • misanthr0pe
    misanthr0pe
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 83

Just uninstall all Kixeye games. They are all the same. They will ALWAYS change things in the background if they think you are doing things that cut in to their profits.

• Funken_A
    Funken_A
    Minor Nuisance
    AI seemed more reliable this last few days....  DIdn't seem to have as many issues with tanks taking off for no reason

Also noticed mortarman now target defenses 1st .. This was helpful.. although my mortarmen walk through the mountains sometimes and get killed by defenses on the other side when they walk thru..
  • Funken_A
    Funken_A
    Minor Nuisance

Just uninstall all Kixeye games. They are all the same. They will ALWAYS change things in the background if they think you are doing things that cut in to their profits.

the reality about freemium sandbox games is exactly that.. The developers worth supporting in this model are the ones that do not adjust to he extremes causing people to have to overly adjust and making their preferred troops useless

The freemium model has many developers who do some real shady stuff in the name of cash....  Kixeye gets a big fat F in communications and providing information on the game is better detail.. But so far there hasn't been any extreme nerfs in troops or over buffs... Once that happens I'll walk..

However its not cheap running an online game.. servers employees etc... take significant income to maintain at decent lvls so these developers have ot make some coin.. I guess I always wanted to see a developer tell it how it is. I would love Kixeye to post their Overhead, R&D, Equipment etc.. needs and how much they need to bring in a month to maintain.. Maybe gamer will start to understand the insane amounts of money that must roll in regularly just to stay status quo... Then there is a need for emergency liquid cash to have on hand for that unexpected issue....

Right now I'm ok with the game as I have seen an improvement on AI recently.. hopefully this is not an anomaly. I know I am an active player who chooses to point out what i view as flaws to this game, and I will walk if I don't continue to see improvements to the game that allow me to play it more often.. Right now I'm still bummed about oil production, but its not a game killer for me as I am still advancing and I can beat up on players much higher than myself if i need to
  • Funken_A
    Funken_A
    Minor Nuisance
    OK i take some of this back

Mortarmen target next defense as priority.. thats good for my situation

HOWEVER.. I tap a spot behind a mountain to snipe a defense the next defense shows a direct line from mortarmen to defense yet the mortarmen want to walk around the mountain.. SO I move my mortarmen away form danger and try again. Once again a direct red line to the defense targeted but the mortarmen want to walk into the open to expose themselves to fire and not follow the red line indication that was on the screen
  • Funken_A
    Funken_A
    Minor Nuisance
    1.) Set up mortarmen to snipe war factory and 2 mortar men walked through the mountain and wee instantly killed

2.) Manage to snipe war factory with 4 mortamen left but tried to launch and then retreat my troops to handle incoming infantry and helicpters...  half went backwards the other half went to their death

the AI needs to be reliable for this type of game and it is NOT

How could you possibly expect people to buy product when the most important aspect of your game is not functioning 100%
  • Funken_A
    Funken_A
    Minor Nuisance
    To many times I have hit the touch screen and get no response

We need more oil to make up for the fact that this game has lots of flaws with AI and real time commands