This is NOT the forum for War Commander web. For that forum, go here: https://www.kixeye.com/forum/categories/war-commander

War Commander: Rogue Assault is a new mobile title from KIXEYE. Any topics created that are not about WC:RA will be moved to the appropriate forum.

Matchmaking fumbles ???

Tazmanx67
Tazmanx67
Greenhorn
Joined Mar 2017 Posts: 7

This new matchmaking setup is terrible! It's driving away the good players. No one wants to play if we are forced to constantly play against people 5 levels above us! This is not how the strategy for this game was started, why are you changing something so that was so much of the foundation of how the game was played. Are you going to change the match making back to 3 above and 3 below like it was before or are you going to drive the good players away? Why are you making the game conform to bad players and making it easier for them and harder for good players to compete...?

• gonezoe
    gonezoe
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2017 Posts: 3

It's all about forcing good players to spend loads of money to be able to defend against higher ranked players

• Sog Will
    Sog Will
    Greenhorn
    Joined Dec 2016 Posts: 15

I agree. Today I wrote down the level of 50 bases back to back in PVP. On average the levels were 4 above my own. Only 1 of the 50th we're my level. None of the bases we're below my level. One was 10 over. I have seen as high as 15 over my level. This is a problem with everyone. This is a strategy game. Part of strategy is knowing what to level up and what not to. It is not our fault when someone has a terrible strategy.

• Funken_A
    Funken_A
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2017 Posts: 109
    I rarely get bases lower lvl than myself. I can attack higher lvls bases and win but now I'm using up oil more so I get to play less

less play time means I have to play other games to fill in the gaps between army repairs. its only a matter of time before i find one that satisfies and my money will go there instead.
    Oil I need oil.. Oil to play Oil to justify playing Oil just oil
  • banshee77
    banshee77
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2017 Posts: 5

@Funken_A said:
    I rarely get bases lower lvl than myself. I can attack higher lvls bases and win but now I'm using up oil more so I get to play less

less play time means I have to play other games to fill in the gaps between army repairs. its only a matter of time before i find one that satisfies and my money will go there instead.

Well said. I'm in the same boat

Match making went from OK to horrible

• banshee77
    banshee77
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2017 Posts: 5

I haven't noticed any positive comments about the matchmaking from folks who have benefitted and I think I understand why. When I look back at my attack records and see level 43 attacking my level 27 base I can't imagine somebody feeling good about that victory. It's not very rewarding to defeat somebody when you have been given an extreme advantage rather than earning it

• Medicivich
    Medicivich
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2017 Posts: 10

My level 17 was just raided by a level 38. I doubt the mods a reading this. In game name is Free State. This was a fun game. It's not any longer. I did spend money on the game. Not a chance that will happen now.

I sent a message to support. The response was to come to the forum.

• Medicivich
    Medicivich
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2017 Posts: 10

Went back through my defense log for my level 17 account. Below are the results. First number is the number of attacks, the the level of the attacker and then the result
    1 level 18. Defense won
    2 level 27: won one lost one
    3 level 29: won 1 lost 2
    6 level 33: lost all
    1 level 34: lost
    1 level 38: lost

All total, lost 230,000+ metal and 2500+ thorium.

• TabCam
    TabCam
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2017 Posts: 3
    How is it ever possible for a level 33 to survive a lvl48 attack? That is 15 levels higher! I do not think it is in any way fair even if they are 'bad' commanders. I am an able top1000 commander and it is not possible to keep thorium if those high levels attack every hour. Yesterday I got attack by a lvl44 (who failed miserably) lvl48 and another 44 within 8 hours (after that line battles so I do not know if they affect the pvp?), tonight a lvl 37 and 39 and now a lvl 41 attacked.

To keeps things fair and even, you could do one or more of the following;

1) only one high lvl attack every 24 hours
    2) make it +/- 6 instead of +/- 15
    3) detect those who are artificially lowering their attack rate

This issue takes all fun out of building a good defence. It now becomes a question of getting just attack power and only build your defences when you have thorium. Is that a proper war game? 
  • Tazmanx67
    Tazmanx67
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2017 Posts: 7

I'm now playing against levels ten above me and the guys hitting me are 20 levels above me...this is absurd. Totally absurd.

• Sylvain Bouchard
    Sylvain Bouchard
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2017 Posts: 1

@TabCam said:
    How is it ever possible for a level 33 to survive a lvl48 attack? That is 15 levels higher! I do not think it is in any way fair even if they are 'bad' commanders. I am an able top1000 commander and it is not possible to keep thorium if those high levels attack every hour. Yesterday I got attack by a lvl44 (who failed miserably) lvl48 and another 44 within 8 hours (after that line battles so I do not know if they affect the pvp?), tonight a lvl 37 and 39 and now a lvl 41 attacked.

This issue takes all fun out of building a good defence. It now becomes a question of getting just attack power and only build your defences when you have thorium. Is that a proper war game? 

@TabCam said:

I aggre with this post and the other that relates with the PvP match making issues implement with the 2 latest release. If this issue persist I'm afraid that many will quit.

• Bunny Fluff
    Bunny Fluff
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2017 Posts: 17

I still can't believe that we are not even hearing so much as a peep from the KIXEYE development staff.... It leads me to believe that a). They either don't care. or b). They aren't going to make changes, and thus have nothing to tell us.