This is NOT the forum for War Commander web. For that forum, go here: https://www.kixeye.com/forum/categories/war-commander

War Commander: Rogue Assault is a new mobile title from KIXEYE. Any topics created that are not about WC:RA will be moved to the appropriate forum.

Improved Matchmaking ???

Bunny Fluff
Bunny Fluff
Greenhorn
Joined Jan 2017 Posts: 17

So matchmaking has been "improved". I guess the word "improved" depends upon the perspective. I wonder what percentage of players agree that "improved" actually means improved? For me I have to disagree. I feel that there is no longer an incentive to build up a powerful base defense, because with "improved" matchmaking I will always have players of a much higher lvl than me peering at my base and eyeing my large amounts of thorium/metal just ready for the taking. So now with the incentive of building a powerful defense taken away, it would seem that the next best strategy is just place your XP towards anything or whatever... it doesn't matter anymore. Is that KIXEYE's goal? It seems that the only players that this "improved" matchmaking will benefit are those that may be very very young or that just don't know how to play. Seems strange to me that those are the clients that KIXEYE has decided to cater to. For those of you who agree with my sediments please comment below. Perhaps we can make a difference. Thank you!

• Tazmanx67
    Tazmanx67
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2017 Posts: 7

Ditto what bunny said..match making needs to be put back to 3 above and 3 below like it was before!

• Bunny Fluff
    Bunny Fluff
    Greenhorn

I mean, don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE a good challenge, but when players which are 10 levels higher than me are continually pummeling me and eating away at my large thorium stockpile, there is absolutely no recovery from that. Because when I now go to attack another base, I can NEVER find one with the same large amount of thorium like I had. So in other words, because15,000 thorium is needed for lvl8 chopper promotion, I will NEVER be able to promote my choppers to lvl8 EVER due to this continuous backwards sliding. Seems like those who have invested large sums of real money into this game will likely have no other alternative but to dispute with the BBB, etc, in order seek compensation for their loses. I truly hope that it doesn't have to come to this though. I'd just like to see it go back to the way it used to be.... So what TAZMAX stated above: +3lvls -3lvls was perfect. It worked.

• Funken_A
    Funken_A
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2017 Posts: 109
    if you focused on upgrading your offense over defense it appears you get to go against higher lvl opponents

if you are a turtle and go all defense you get matched up with weaker opponents

Basically those who like to play a lot and be on the offense are the ones they are targeting to get to spend more money. If you turtle you weren't spending anyway so might as well try to force those who would spend to spend some more
    Oil I need oil.. Oil to play Oil to justify playing Oil just oil
  • Funken_A
    Funken_A
    Minor Nuisance
    edited 4 May 2017, 6:07PM
    Just got hit by a lvl 43 I'm a lvl 22

Here is the attack screenshot.. Obvioulsy a bug that says its 43 vs 43

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4179/33641812103_9cf92c0bfc_h.jpg

and this is my base

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4189/34451880635_9970482647_h.jpg  

I'm really starting to believe we are some kind of experiment to see how far they can push people.. cause nothing else makes any sense

• banshee77
    banshee77
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2017 Posts: 5

Punishing more serious players seems like a very poor business model. 3+ 3- worked. If the match making was enhanced to better match players with in that boundary ... now that would live up to the name improved matchmaking

• Bunny Fluff
    Bunny Fluff
    Greenhorn

banshee77, yes, completely agree. I hope KIXEYE's staff takes your comment into consideration. Those match ups would be MUCH more fair for all players, and then you could truly call this a "strategy" game once again.

• andy venter
    andy venter
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2017 Posts: 6

Agree, pvp is a total waste of time now, I get the same 7 - 12 opponents repeatedly. The 3+ 3- was fine. If you felt it wasn't maybe 2+/-, but current format is pointless.

• Medicivich
    Medicivich
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2017 Posts: 10

Bunny Fluff, I couldn't agree more. I have (had) two accounts. I am deleting my level 17 account. I awoke today to see attacks from a level 29, 32, 33 and 38. How the heck can a level 17 account get matched with a level 38. The level 38 had level 4 thunderbolts and level 5 Abrams plus level 5 helicopters. My base was a decent defender before the downgrade in the game. I was winning over 70% of defenses. The in game name of the account is Free State. I have close to 200,000 infamy so it's not like the account is a slacker. There is no point in playing the game any longer.

• TabCam
    TabCam
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2017 Posts: 3

Funken_A said:

if you focused on upgrading your offense over defense it appears you get to go against higher lvl opponents

Basically those who like to play a lot and be on the offense are the ones they are targeting to get to spend more money. If you turtle you weren't spending anyway so might as well try to force those who would spend to spend some more

You say that I only spend on offence, but that is not the case, I had both good offence and good defence, but how is it ever possible for a level 33 to survive a lvl48 attack? That is 15 levels higher! I do not think it is in any way fair even if they are 'bad' commanders. I do both games, I defend on the line and attack. Defending without attacking is not possible.

I am an able top1000 commander and it is not possible to keep thorium if those high levels attack every hour. Yesterday I got attack by a lvl44 (who failed miserably) lvl48 and another 44 within 8 hours (after that line battles so I do not know if they affect the pvp?), tonight a lvl 37 and 39 and now a lvl 41 attacked.

To keeps things fair and even, you could do one or more of the following;
    1) only a +3 lvl attack every 24 hours
    2) make it +/- 6 instead of +/- 15
    3) detect those who are artificially lowering their attack rate

This issue takes all fun out of building a good defence. It now becomes a question of getting just attack power and only build your defences when you have a lot of thorium/metal for an upgrade. Is that a proper war game? 
  • Funken_A
    Funken_A
    Minor Nuisance

TabCam said:

Funken_A said:

You say that I only spend on offence, but that is not the case, I had both good offence and good defence, but how is it ever possible for a level 33 to survive a lvl48 attack? That is 15 levels higher! I do not think it is in any way fair even if they are 'bad' commanders. I do both games, I defend on the line and attack. Defending without attacking is not possible.

I am an able top1000 commander and it is not possible to keep thorium if those high levels attack every hour. Yesterday I got attack by a lvl44 (who failed miserably) lvl48 and another 44 within 8 hours (after that line battles so I do not know if they affect the pvp?), tonight a lvl 37 and 39 and now a lvl 41 attacked.

To keeps things fair and even, you could do one or more of the following;
    1) only a +3 lvl attack every 24 hours
    2) make it +/- 6 instead of +/- 15
    3) detect those who are artificially lowering their attack rate

This issue takes all fun out of building a good defence. It now becomes a question of getting just attack power and only build your defences when you have a lot of thorium/metal for an upgrade. Is that a proper war game? 

Sorry didn't mean you only focused on offense.. I was making an observation that I thought to be true at the time stronger offense stronger opponents

But now I am well balanced myself and the match making isn't much better.. I'm just stronger.

I haven't been attacked by outrageous players recently so things have seemed to settle some on this front

As you can tell by my posts i still have much confusion about the point of much of this game

I love the battle system its a keeper, but so much stuff going on and alliances are to powerful to make them worth joining at this point, outposts just make little sense to me
  • Mackenzie Thorn
    Mackenzie Thorn
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2017 Posts: 1

This new PVP is absolute bullshit! I'm lvl 31, how in the hell do they figure it's fair to allow PVP to match me as a defender against someone who is a lvl 45? That's happened twice now. They need to fix it ASAP! I haven't heard anyone say that they like the new PVP. Everyone so far hates it. They need to fix it and make it fair again.