Level 33 base defending

squodge
squodge
Potential Threat
Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 33
I came back to the game just over a month ago. In that time, I've been upgrading my oil/metal so I can produce stuff quicker. Obviously, every few days I'm attacked, which sets me back because I lose a fair bit of oil/metal.

Obviously I can't stop the attacks because I just don't have the capability to defend against level 49 players. I'm assuming they still gain infamy from destroying the base, even if they get no resources?

So my question is, is it worth upgrading my Blitz Turret (the command centre turret) to a reasonable level (as it's just level 1 at the moment), in order to get a good range on it? Would that help deter a few players who are literally just sending an Omega Titan to flatten the entire base?
  • PHEONIX_SP_UNT
    PHEONIX_SP_UNT
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 745
    put,some,libs,some tempest iff u have and do ur upgrade,,and,i dont know ur base but my opinion is blitz suck,so rather do,storm,or flood
  • squodge
    squodge
    Potential Threat
    I don't have liberators or tempest. I've got none of the stuff you have to pay real money for (and yes, I do realise that spending real money makes the game easier).

I've looked at the storm and flood turrets - they look good, but they target either air or ground, but not both. They also don't have better range than blitz. The main problem I see with blitz turret is that it costs Thorium to arm it, but other than that are they really that bad?
  • Kar-Graal
    Kar-Graal
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 2,635
    Jason Yip said:
    I don't have liberators or tempest. I've got none of the stuff you have to pay real money for (and yes, I do realise that spending real money makes the game easier).

I've looked at the storm and flood turrets - they look good, but they target either air or ground, but not both. They also don't have better range than blitz. The main problem I see with blitz turret is that it costs Thorium to arm it, but other than that are they really that bad?
    a lvl 33 has an expert tempest possibly yes thats due to pre-infamy season 1-3 top gets 2 expert tempests top 100 gets 1 expert tempest
  • michele.salzberg
    michele.salzberg
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 65
    Even before the game shifted, a 33 was going to get crushed by a 38, and basically you focused on your unites till you were 42 then go full blown into making your base a trap. so yes upgrade, you may not want to put them in, but continue to upgrade for that day your base comes together as a trap, meanwhile, LIbs, howlers are great in base defense.
  • Top_Postie
    Top_Postie
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 280
    upgrading your blitz will not stop anyone attacking you, the best advise I could give you is hide all your res and thor in builds, just remember to cancel them before they complete, the way I do it is, I have 1 nightmare thats not promoted, I put him on promote which takes 5 days, then most of the new units are thor to build just add them behind and I build scorchers at 40m a pop, then I just cancel the builds as I need the res, once a week I cancel nightmare promotion and start again, this way when you get hit base repairs for free and you lose very little res or thor
  • squodge
    squodge
    Potential Threat
    The main problem I have with this game is that I feel that it should never have been a pay-to-win model. It's supposed to be a strategy game, but there's no strategy involved when someone of the same level as me can just send a Titan and a bunch of Cyclones that they got from paying more money.

Why couldn't Kixeye just release this game as a PC game instead, as in not through facebook? Charge the player a fixed fee (maybe $30-50). I'm sure most people who want to play a proper strategy game will get hundreds of hours out of it, so even $50 is a reasonably cost.

As it stands, you don't get much gold for your money. When 500 gold costs more than FIFA 17 or the latest Call of Duty or Battlefield games, you know something's wrong. To put it in perspective, upgrading my level 8 Command Center to level 9 would cost 312 gold to do it instantly. That's almost the cost of a AAA title on PC/XBox/PS4.

Those who spend money on gold - are they rich or do they just "borrow" their parents' credit cards?
  • Top_Postie
    Top_Postie
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 280
    squodge said:
    The main problem I have with this game is that I feel that it should never have been a pay-to-win model. It's supposed to be a strategy game, but there's no strategy involved when someone of the same level as me can just send a Titan and a bunch of Cyclones that they got from paying more money.

Why couldn't Kixeye just release this game as a PC game instead, as in not through facebook? Charge the player a fixed fee (maybe $30-50). I'm sure most people who want to play a proper strategy game will get hundreds of hours out of it, so even $50 is a reasonably cost.

As it stands, you don't get much gold for your money. When 500 gold costs more than FIFA 17 or the latest Call of Duty or Battlefield games, you know something's wrong. To put it in perspective, upgrading my level 8 Command Center to level 9 would cost 312 gold to do it instantly. That's almost the cost of a AAA title on PC/XBox/PS4.

Those who spend money on gold - are they rich or do they just "borrow" their parents' credit cards?
    I thought for just 1 minute you wanted advise not just to **** about money, I'm a free to play player, I don't coin at all, I can't get support, if you bother to learn and not just **** this game is very playable for people that don't coin you just need to spend more time playing  
  • squodge
    squodge
    Potential Threat
    squodge said:

I thought for just 1 minute you wanted advise not just to **** about money, I'm a free to play player, I don't coin at all, I can't get support, if you bother to learn and not just **** this game is very playable for people that don't coin you just need to spend more time playing  
    Well, just now, I've tried to deploy a platoon, and all I keep getting is, "Invalid Platoon". This game is broken. I've looked in the wiki, and it states that you can't deploy platoons if you're surrounded - but my base isn't surrounded.

So I relocate my base, and I still get "Invalid Platoon". So basically, I can't even do PVE, never mind PVP. Now tell me, is this game worth playing if I can't even deploy a platoon?!
  • kixeyeuser_1378265127946_26181_882146634
    kixeyeuser_1378265127946_26181_882146634
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2015 Posts: 331
    squodge said:
    squodge said:

Well, just now, I've tried to deploy a platoon, and all I keep getting is, "Invalid Platoon". This game is broken. I've looked in the wiki, and it states that you can't deploy platoons if you're surrounded - but my base isn't surrounded.

So I relocate my base, and I still get "Invalid Platoon". So basically, I can't even do PVE, never mind PVP. Now tell me, is this game worth playing if I can't even deploy a platoon?!
    the bug you are getting is one of your troops is bugged within that toon you need to find out which one it is and scrap that unit
  • gizzyrr
    gizzyrr
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 120
    hide your reso in war factory and barracks etc.

upgrade avalanche, get some hunter missiles and railguns.

try get libs next event.

try to join a clan as you are most likely untagged rn, hence the attacks
    What can i say? I love weed.
  • MsMaryJane
    MsMaryJane
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 73

squodge said:

Just my 2c. but if you are getting mugged by higher levels, chances are they aren't wasting time/effort on you to go ground. Upgrade the storm turret and load that up. You aren't going to stop them from hitting, but you might as well cause them some pain for hitting you.  Workshop some snipers, stingers, and any other legacy toon that hits air/missles and pu them in your bunkers and base to help defend. Again, you won't stop them, but nothing says "Earn it" like a base full of stuff to maim air.
    I've left WC and come back so many times, I should rename myself Lazarus, but I am too cheap to pay to change my name
  • Chuck043
    Chuck043
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2016 Posts: 58

squodge said:

I came back to the game just over a month ago. In that time, I've been upgrading my oil/metal so I can produce stuff quicker. Obviously, every few days I'm attacked, which sets me back because I lose a fair bit of oil/metal.

Obviously I can't stop the attacks because I just don't have the capability to defend against level 49 players. I'm assuming they still gain infamy from destroying the base, even if they get no resources?

So my question is, is it worth upgrading my Blitz Turret (the command centre turret) to a reasonable level (as it's just level 1 at the moment), in order to get a good range on it? Would that help deter a few players who are literally just sending an Omega Titan to flatten the entire base?

Yes is sure word it good turret it will kill titan.
  • squodge
    squodge
    Potential Threat
    Okay, well, two months on... I've taken on the advice many of you have offered, and thanks very much again.

* I've learned that it's quicker to just grab resources off NPC bases when I'm already bubbled. I've managed to upgrade my resource storage amount from around 35m (I think) to now 131m! I realised it was important to be able to store a lot of resources because many of the higher level upgrades require 100m+ of each resource. I've since ignored upgrading the oil pumps and metal factories.

* I've not cared too much about defending my base so far. I've upgraded the Avalanche turret to level 6, and it'll be level 7 in three more days. I intend to push it to max level 9 (but will have to upgrade Defense Lab one more level, which is quick and easy). Understanding that my base will be hit every 36-48 hours means I just need to plan my use of Thorium around that (losing metal/oil is not a big deal).

* I've done a lot of PVP (on low level bases) for easy infamy, and have accumulated a ton of medals from it. I'm currently floating in the top end of the Silver 1 Tier, which pays out 60,000 medals each week (and every week I just attack at least five low level bases - cheap, I know, but hey, this is a war game). So far, I've bought Liberators (for watchtowers) and Talons (for drone silo). I've also unlocked Reinforced platforms and Microwave turret (which will be maxed out once Avalanche is done).

* Most importantly, I've joined a clan. One of the clan officers was kind enough to help me capture a few Thorium bases, which helped me build more Liberators and Talons. He even helped me get a free Apollo!

Apologies for the occasional **** and moan, but I realise now this game just requires a fairly steep learning curve when you're not coining. And it also requires a heck of a lot of patience!
  • lomolife1174
    lomolife1174
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 9,114

Jason Yip said:

a lvl 33 has an expert tempest possibly yes thats due to pre-infamy season 1-3 top gets 2 expert tempests top 100 gets 1 expert tempest

Not only is that false information, but what relevance does this have? 
  • warcommanderkilla
    warcommanderkilla
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2016 Posts: 66
    suck it up do events  and stop crying about it u leave game for a while and ur weak no piss off u baby 
  • squodge
    squodge
    Potential Threat

suck it up do events  and stop crying about it u leave game for a while and ur weak no piss off u baby 

Thanks for your rather insightful comment.

I even gave an update, which is two comments above yours (where I apologise for **** and moaning), so your response is rather late and unwanted. There's no need for name-calling, even if you disagree with my feelings, since none of my initial ire was targeted at you.

Maybe, in future, give a *useful* response?