Info for returning players

stwilson
stwilson
Greenhorn
Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 22
I recently just logged back in and started playing WC again. I was away for about 9 months and alot has changed. My base is 37 but all my units are obviously outdated and extremely weak. I have the freebie units kix donated for coming back and playing. I was hoping to gather some info as far as desired units and strategies to help get back up to speed. Any input is welcomed. 
  • BradyBunch
    BradyBunch
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 778
    stwilson said:
    I recently just logged back in and started playing WC again. I was away for about 9 months and alot has changed. My base is 37 but all my units are obviously outdated and extremely weak. I have the freebie units kix donated for coming back and playing. I was hoping to gather some info as far as desired units and strategies to help get back up to speed. Any input is welcomed. 
    Run! and this time don't look back! Its too late for me. Going on 6 years so I hang on. I am a die-hard. If I could leave for 9 months then I would not come back for more aggravation and upset and hacking and glitching and disconnection and the pay to play crap. It gets worse as you level up. I got a level up glitch and am still at 44 while I see others at 47 and 48 with less time and units/base stuff. Kixeye says can't help me cause it don't really effect my game-play. Guess they don't realize it is important to the player. You earn it and get congrats for leveling up. But kixeyes response was deal with it cause it don't hurt ya....ok....Guess we don't care about our level. Level 44 or level 48, no difference at all. Just a dumb # (which many people judge/Respect you by. I just shake my head and keep moving. To say that is a slap in the face. Yup, some people feel like throwing a party when they level up lol. Could take a year for one level once you get up there, but dont need it cause it is not important. True it don't hurt your game-play, but it does on your sector statis.
    Today is the first day of the rest of your life. Make it count!
  • Vince006
    Vince006
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2014 Posts: 78
    i suppose u completely forget this game...cuz if u need severe catch up then u need severe money...now its up to u
  • stwilson
    stwilson
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 22
    haha thanks guys, thats what i was afraid of
  • Sprinkler
    Sprinkler
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 120
    Simple you input loads of money or loads of time, I did the latter, I came back to wc last summer after a 3 year stop and I'm on par now.
    Yes there are cheaters, yes there are bugs, yes the fair play team is slow to ban players with a base with 40 turrets, Yes you dont have most important tech or units that define the game or let you play normally for 6 months, but after that you're ranked top 100 in event xp of world, without coining.

So it's up to you, do you have a big $$ to spend ?
    Or
    Do you invest loads of time, learn the current tactics from the forums and youtube and reseach wiki to catch up ?

On the plus side the building times have been reduced and the game is still addictive, due to the mini events they hold now (component bases)
  • iwona.esser.1
    iwona.esser.1
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 1,699
    well I was away for a year. I've been back about 3 months, and you can work hard to catch up without spending. Get some advice on chat and read the forum. A few liberators go a long way!
    ------------------------------------------------------
  • Dauthi Ghost
    Dauthi Ghost
    Greenhorn
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 5
    I was away for a bit, but now everything is so much stronger than what I have.  I'm lvl 29 and I can't even take down a lvl 20 base this pay to play is BS, I'm out

"Almost only counts with hand shoes and horse grenades."

⅛∞π
  • kixeyeuser_434999327_32541_9536814
    kixeyeuser_434999327_32541_9536814
    Greenhorn
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 16
    Spend a little time in making friends in your sector, for those who know how to do it helping out with omega bases and ops bases is easy, get them to help you so you can get new units and start getting back on your feet.
  • MuonGold
    MuonGold
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 218
    Get comfortable with chat commander or find a new game, nothing offered will be useful in the future.