This is NOT the forum for War Commander web. For that forum, go here: https://www.kixeye.com/forum/categories/war-commander

War Commander: Rogue Assault is a new mobile title from KIXEYE. Any topics created that are not about WC:RA will be moved to the appropriate forum.

Select all of same kind of unit

smaugthewyrm
smaugthewyrm
Skilled Warrior
Joined Apr 2014 Posts: 394
i am told that it is possible to select all of the same kind of unit quickly during PVP.

when a platoon includes more than one group of the identical unit... 

is there a tutorial somewhere that includes basic shortcuts and hotkeys ?
  • TJCart
    TJCart
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2017 Posts: 19
    I believe they are only referring to "all of the same kind of unit" that is stacked onto one tile. If you have more than one group, I don't think you'll be able to select them all at once. It's kind of a select all or one thing. Unless someone else has any pro tips?
  • FireCorp
    FireCorp
    Joined Mar 2017 Posts: 63
    Hotkeys are only available on the PC game.  The App game contains platoons with a number of groups within the platoon.  You can control one component of the platoon and control that one component by tapping that component square and commanding them to move to or attack a target.  there are no hot keys in the gaming app.  If you are playing the PC game, double click the troop and all troops of that type will be commanded.  Hope this helps.
  • smaugthewyrm
    smaugthewyrm
    Skilled Warrior
    well okay. there are some available IOS 'swipe' 2finger-taps, etc etc available to the programmers.

• FireCorp
    FireCorp
    Joined Mar 2017 Posts: 63
    I've heard of that in other games and on jail broke phones but I haven't heard them in this game.
  • TJCart
    TJCart
    Greenhorn

It seems that I was mistaken. You can select multiple tiles by doing multi-touch taps. However on an iPhone 6, I find this is near impossible to do effectively with my sausage sized fingers. Maybe if you're on a phablet or tablet, you'll have better luck.

• smaugthewyrm
    smaugthewyrm
    Skilled Warrior
    i have tried:
    single finger 'tap tap'
    2 fingers "tap"

single finger "swipe" (across same-unit sub groups)

is there a user interface tutorial for RA ?
    or a manual for the game ?
  • TJCart
    TJCart
    Greenhorn

Hmm that's weird. You may want to open up a support ticket with Kixeye directly through the in-game help.

I can select up to three units at a time by simultaneously clicking with three different fingers. Not sure if I could selected 4 different tiles at a time or not since my fingers physically won't fit on my screen. However, I agree that a swipe-select or a tap-and-hold and tapping on subsequent tiles to select would be an awesome feature as it's currently very hard to select anything other than all or one on a phone.