This is NOT the forum for War Commander web. For that forum, go here: https://www.kixeye.com/forum/categories/war-commander

War Commander: Rogue Assault is a new mobile title from KIXEYE. Any topics created that are not about WC:RA will be moved to the appropriate forum.

Cannot build machine gunners? Help!

kersater
kersater
Greenhorn
Joined Feb 2017 Posts: 2

I cannot build machine gunners. Why? Got blueprints, resources, hq at level 3, how?

• CM Chris
    CM Chris
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 3,670
    Do you have the necessary components listed in the "Cost" section?
    WC:RA/BP Community Manager
    Community Rules: CLICK HERE
    Submit a Support Ticket: CLICK HERE
  • kersater
    kersater
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2017 Posts: 2

CS Chris, so I have the necessary resources, i.o.w. 10K to build, but I have only 3/10 critical. Why does that matter, since I did not need to have critical requirements for infantry build?
    Or.is that the catch? I have to spend 'real' coin to get machine gunners?

• CM Chris
    CM Chris
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    Rifleman don't require components to build because they're the most basic unit in the game, but more advanced units do require components.

Components can be gathered from crates, which drop when you're victorious in combat (specifically in PvP, or in the world map against Outposts and Strongholds). You don't need to spend coins to get them, they're free to obtain when you're victorious in battle, but you can also spend coins to obtain them if you want to. 

Once you have enough components to meet the required cost, you can build one of those units. 
  • kyokan
    kyokan
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2010 Posts: 31

Hey Chris, I came here with a similar question and got it answered thanks to this post. However now I'm facing a different issue, when attacking infantry outposts I am only collecting common components and redeploy tokens instead of critical components. Is this a glitch of some kind? Or can we spend these tokens somehow to receive critical components? If not, how are we supposed to obtain a specific class of critical components that we need? when PvP rewards randomly and specific strongholds only appear at certain times

• CM Chris
    CM Chris
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    It's still possible to get Critical Components from outposts but we have had to implement a few changes to make gaining those components more difficult. What we've found up to this point is that it was way too easy to get any necessary components the player wanted, and players were leveling up much faster than we intended them to. So what you'll likely find moving forward is that critical components will mostly drop from higher level crates instead of lower, and higher level crates will be dropping less frequently.

Still possible to get them, definitely, just gonna take a bit of extra effort.