This is NOT the forum for War Commander web. For that forum, go here: https://www.kixeye.com/forum/categories/war-commander

War Commander: Rogue Assault is a new mobile title from KIXEYE. Any topics created that are not about WC:RA will be moved to the appropriate forum.

Great Game, but Underrated

Dai Combo
Dai Combo
Potential Threat
Joined Jan 2017 Posts: 51
edited 2 Feb 2017, 5:40AM
I have been enjoying War Commander Rogue Assault for the past few weeks, but have realized the player base is not that big, with many confused players. Lots of players seem to think that they require Gold to get anywhere, when this is just not true; as a matter of fact, Rogue Assault has the least incentive for paying if a player builds their base carefully and accordingly. There is no pay wall.

Here are some things I'd like to discuss that might spice the game up:
-More marketable name. Honestly I have been trying to tell friends about this game, but having to type out War Commander Rogue Assault to them is just weird. They innately think it's weird. Even the acronym isn't something that rolls off the tongue. Things like Clash of Clans (CoC), Boom Beach(BB)? Very marketable sounding names. Maybe you guys should drop the original PC War Commander name and make it the official name for mobile? "Hey Bob, let's play some WC!" Bob: "Umm, which one?"

-Graphics settings for different hardware. Currently some phones run this game like crap, which really makes this game a market for newer phones, tablets, and currently only one emulator works without crashing. I thought a read some article about this, but ended up seeing nothing.

-Transaction confirmation. Not sure if this was done on purpose, but let there be an "ARE YOU SURE YOU WANNA BUY?" or "ARE YOU SURE YOU WANNA SPEND GOLD" notification when buying. Fat fingering is a reality, and allowing confirmations just makes the game more professional.

-Resolution issue/bug: Currently based on the resolution, the max zoom is limited according to the resolution. On my phone that is 2560  x 1440 pixels, I can zoom out more than a 1920x1080 resolution, which some phones like the Sony Xperia have. This is at a disadvantage for lower resolution phones since they lack the ability to zoom out as much. At 1920x1080, some structures are stuck at the bottom corner and are barely visible. The max zoom algorithm should not be based on a resolution factor, but should be a fixed max zoom regardless of resolution.

-Better controls. Currently it is impossible to micro manage troops in small distances since that will result in tapping on the units. Allow a setting that gives the user an option to restrict unit selection based on the unit image only.

-Shareable replays. I think you guys are already working on this... right?

Seriously, you guys are the first to make a base destroying game where there is full unit control, and you guys made it work with a primarily single tap based interface--I think there's something good here going on. I personally enjoy it more than CoC, and I'm sure a lot of others would appreciate the game more if they gave it a GOOD chance. A good chance as in, not confusing gold transactions as mandatory, etc. I guess what I'm trying to say is... maybe work a bit better on the execution? The whole Alliance War day x castings seem to cause some hype, so that's a start.
  • Teratorn43906 NEW
    Teratorn43906 NEW
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2016 Posts: 42
    The removal of transaction confirmation was intended because of KIXEYE's greedy reasons. This is same for their other games which is financially a bad idea for them in the long run, in my opinion though.

I agree with the better controls and the resolution issue, had zooming problems when attacking with my old Samsung E5 which was 720p unless I use auto AI. There should also be indicators for separate groups for ground and Copter units right next to their HP Bar, from 1 on the left to 5 on the right in their images.
    Yes, I am a brony. I am also a SU and SVTFOE fan.

Admin of the War Commander: Rogue Assault Wiki.  VISIT IT HERE!
    Lend us help if able.

Check my Rogue Assault stats out, if you want.

Editing signatures doesn't have an html option... Great.
  • Dai Combo
    Dai Combo
    Potential Threat

Well if they are going to stick to such a shady practice, people will just be turned off. Gotta respect the customers if you want them to respect you. Integrity goes a long way.

• Dai Combo
    Dai Combo
    Potential Threat

There are legit a lot of players not playing because they really think gold is stopping them from progressing.

There is also a small pay to win undersight. Since gold can be compensated for lack of metal, some people can opt to pay gold to max an army unit without wasting xp on leveling a metal storage, effectively allowing them to upgrade something else, keeping them under a WZ bracket. ATM it is possible to have Abrams tanks (lvl 4 WF) in the 10-17 bracket if a player were to play like that, with lvl 3 defense platforms and lvl 2 walls.

That would be totally unfair for f2p players.

• Preston5005
    Preston5005
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2017 Posts: 17

@Dai Combo said:
    Well if they are going to stick to such a shady practice, people will just be turned off. Gotta respect the customers if you want them to respect you. Integrity goes a long way.

I think if you look through the other forums, ask around online etc youll see just how shady and disgusting this company is lol

Everything is about money, enjoyment is just a coincidence

• Dai Combo
    Dai Combo
    Potential Threat
    Is that an assumption or...? If that's true, then looks like Kixeye does not want the game to succeed, which raises a bunch of question marks. I am pretty sure at least one of their staff has read this. Let's see if they reply.
  • Preston5005
    Preston5005
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2017 Posts: 17

No, its not an assumption its fact.

Im on mobile, but click on top of screen for jobs and see for yourself.