This is NOT the forum for War Commander web. For that forum, go here: https://www.kixeye.com/forum/categories/war-commander

War Commander: Rogue Assault is a new mobile title from KIXEYE. Any topics created that are not about WC:RA will be moved to the appropriate forum.

Cobra Spam

drlgamer
drlgamer
Potential Threat
Joined Jan 2017 Posts: 31

Being a level 6 Commander Center I have not won a single defense against a pure chopper army, I never come close. AA guns don't do anything because they focus on hinds while the thunderbolts blow them up. If you have too many AA guns then you open yourself up to S-13/Buggy spam. Is there anyone else that has defended against this? My new layout did some damage but even with 12 friendly choppers they went though my base no problem.

• Laredo
    Laredo
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 18,245
    Interesting, I'll talk to the team about this.
  • CM Scarlett
    CM Scarlett
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 3,029
    drlgamer said:

Being a level 6 Commander Center I have not won a single defense against a pure chopper army, I never come close. AA guns don't do anything because they focus on hinds while the thunderbolts blow them up. If you have too many AA guns then you open yourself up to S-13/Buggy spam. Is there anyone else that has defended against this? My new layout did some damage but even with 12 friendly choppers they went though my base no problem.

Without an idea of what your base looks like, we won't be able to provide specific advice. However, I have two other suggestions: Make use of multipurpose turrets like machine guns and salvo to augment your anti-air. You can also look at other players base defense designs and see what they're doing to defeat certain strategies.
    Submit ideas and feedback
    >>>r/VEGAConflict<<<

• redwinds
    redwinds
    Greenhorn
    Joined Dec 2016 Posts: 18
    this will become a bigger problem based on the stats of the units.
    the 2 heli units have more dps and more tank then ground units.

i have been rushing to build my squad up with these because it's a much better investment.
  • drlgamer
    drlgamer
    Potential Threat

I took a picture but if there is an email I can send it to that would be great. My base turrets all cover each other and the AA gun is right in the center.

The biggest problem right now is the choppers are too good in many ways. They have high HP, Dps, Movement speed, AND they ignore walls. On top of that they have 0 traps to worry about unlike ground units. Even if all my infantry get out of the barracks they die faster than they can do damage to them.

Whatever threats there are against them get destroyed by thunderbolts in an instant because of how much damage they do. Even if a wall is blocking them. I'm trying to upgrade walls fast but whenever I get them to the next level, attackers have thunderbolts 2 levels higher.

Just frustrated that no matter how I setup my base I either lose to all choppers or all Light Aoe vehicles.

• drlgamer
    drlgamer
    Potential Threat

I have 4 level 6 MG turrets, 1 lvl 2 salvo, 1 lvl 3 AA, and a level 3 railgun (irrelevant to air). The turrets are all amped to bonus 32% and they still can't put out enough damage to destroy maybe low than one chopper. Cobra focus fire devastates any structure in seconds.

• drlgamer
    drlgamer
    Potential Threat

I am now almost exclusively getting attacked by chopper squads. Even if I box myself in with fobs. I think I'm done with the warzone until something if anything is done about this. Not going to keep giving rival alliances free infamy

• craigo88
    craigo88
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2017 Posts: 22

Put up some AA guns

• drlgamer
    drlgamer
    Potential Threat

I have 2 now and they help but the flying juggernauts known as Hinds can literally flying into the middle of your base, take the damage and wait long enough to let the thunderbolts take out the only threat(s). And since the choppers are so fast and hit so hard they take little damage and use less oil to repair. I've talked to players that use this and they just bulldoze almost every base they come across. At least ground units have mines to deal with.

• drlgamer
    drlgamer
    Potential Threat

One thing I thought of is a side grade to generators that would boost turret range instead of dps. Have it as a side option for the generators like with the mines. You would sacrifice a small dps boost for a better range to do the base dps of the boosted turret(s). It is just an idea

• MCSurgeon
    MCSurgeon
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2017 Posts: 1

If you are not using fobs at least 3, I prefer chopper fobs around your hq then you're gonna get rocked. Not everyone is using all chopper attack. Also. Machine gun / infantry do wonders against choppers. Just saying.

• CM Scarlett
    CM Scarlett
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 3,029
    MCSurgeon said:

If you are not using fobs at least 3, I prefer chopper fobs around your hq then you're gonna get rocked. Not everyone is using all chopper attack. Also. Machine gun / infantry do wonders against choppers. Just saying.

Good point. Also worth noting is that Tuesday's update increased turret damage vs. air units across the board.
    Submit ideas and feedback
    >>>r/VEGAConflict<<<