TEMPEST: How Many Are Good to Have?

TomBrooklyn
TomBrooklyn
Master Tactician
Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 2,497
edited 19 Aug 2016, 6:32PM
How many Tempests would you recommend having?

I currently have one.    I'm planning on eventually equipping my base with all Avalanche turrets.

• FELHUNTER
    FELHUNTER
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 2,631
    4-5 will completely cover a base easily 6 works as well...
    http://i.imgur.com/FglMY0M.gif
  • TomBrooklyn
    TomBrooklyn
    Master Tactician
    Felhunter said:  4-5 will completely cover a base easily 6 works as well...
    Wow.   I didn't know that many were recommended.     Maybe I should stock up on them with this event.    I expect to be able to get around 320k points.    I could get 4 more Tempests with that, as they're going for 75k each; or 3 and something else, like a Nightmare.    (I could use more Nightmares.)

• FELHUNTER
    FELHUNTER
    Unicorn Overlord
    Wow.   I didn't know that many were recommended.     Maybe I should stock up on them with this event.    I expect to be able to get around 320k points.    I could get 4 more Tempests with that, as they're going for 75k each; or 3 and something else, like a Nightmare.    (I could use more Nightmares.)
    id go for the 4 of em... nightmares are almost useless these days and you can get doran with medals now... from looks of it there about to increase the pvp payout alot so you can get him easier now...
  • TomBrooklyn
    TomBrooklyn
    Master Tactician
    Felhunter said:.. nightmares are almost useless these days and you can get doran with medals now... from looks of it there about to increase the pvp payout alot so you can get him easier now...
    I never got a PvP medal payout.   How many medals are typically paid out?   Doran costs 300,000 medals.    The most medals I've ever had before has been about 16,000.

• FELHUNTER
    FELHUNTER
    Unicorn Overlord
    Felhunter said:.. nightmares are almost useless these days and you can get doran with medals now... from looks of it there about to increase the pvp payout alot so you can get him easier now...
    I never got a PvP medal payout.   How many medals are typically paid out?   Doran costs 300,000 medals.    The most medals I've ever had before has been about 16,000.

currently i get a little over 12k sitting at 268 infamy in my sector my mini sitting at 500+ is getting 18k a week... wrongthinker posted somewhere there about to increase the medal payout again to around 100k... will still take a few weeks to get doran but nowhere near as long...
  • Maciej Mesaj Klimas
    Maciej Mesaj Klimas
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 1,155
    edited 26 Aug 2016, 9:59AM
    I'd say 4 should do if put 1 each corner or under floating heavy platforms
    Quit at Cerberus 2 event, returned before Stormfront.
  • TomBrooklyn
    TomBrooklyn
    Master Tactician
    It sounds like two is definitely not enough.      I only had one up until the last event, and now I have two.

• lomolife1174
    lomolife1174
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 9,114
    Don't forget, you need Point Defense Components for all of them.
  • TomBrooklyn
    TomBrooklyn
    Master Tactician
    lomolife1174 said:  Don't forget, you need Point Defense Components for all of them.
    I got a 3rd one in the current event, and I'll get 1 Point Defense before the event is over.        That should be a pretty good step in the right direction. 

• chinapig
    chinapig
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 1,517
    Don't forget, you need Point Defense Components for all of them.
    Only if your base is vulnerable to PK's and you have loads of xp to burn - even then, one is enough. ( you workshop the others in your base with some cheap level 1 component and attacker thinks you have point defence on all of them  )
  • hunter.sweet.56
    hunter.sweet.56
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2015 Posts: 98
    i need more tempests (only got 2 right now), but nightmares i got max amount of 20 of those. i need to get point defense tho.
  • TomBrooklyn
    TomBrooklyn
    Master Tactician
    chinapig said:
    lomolife1174 said: Don't forget, you need Point Defense Components for all of them.
    Only if your base is vulnerable to PK's and you have loads of xp to burn
      What's a PK, and what do you mean by having xp to burn?

• hunter.sweet.56
    hunter.sweet.56
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2015 Posts: 98
    Tempests with point defense and liberators on bunkers pretty much make regular missiles useless.
  • lomolife1174
    lomolife1174
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 9,114
    chinapig said:
    lomolife1174 said: Don't forget, you need Point Defense Components for all of them.
    Only if your base is vulnerable to PK's and you have loads of xp to burn
      What's a PK, and what do you mean by having xp to burn?
    PK = Peacekeeper Missile. 
    Here is the wiki page: http://warcommander.wikia.com/wiki/Peacekeeper_Missile

Point Defense Components cost a lot of Event XP, that's what he meant.