DOGS: How Detect Mines Without Getting Shot?

TomBrooklyn
TomBrooklyn
Master Tactician
Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 2,496
edited 11 Dec 2016, 9:10PM
Any tips on how dogs can be deployed to detect and clear mines without getting the dogs shot right away?

Since the dogs need to be out front to clear the mines, my dogs usually get shot and killed by the defense before they can do their job.

• Gudari43
    Gudari43
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 1,090
    edited 11 Dec 2016, 11:50PM
    I've done some trial runs on rogue 35s.  The only approach that seemed to work was to destroy the area of attack outermost defenses so that the dogs could do their job before getting killed.  Three dogs was usually enough and at 3 min repair per dog it was worth it considering the alternative.
  • Ronin1913
    Ronin1913
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2015 Posts: 220
    edited 12 Dec 2016, 1:44PM
    growler drones run over them sometimes just turn rubi off and put the growler out of turret reach and it will keep deploying them until all power plants are killed
  • Ronin1913
    Ronin1913
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2015 Posts: 220
    sorry i didnt see it was about dogs
  • TomBrooklyn
    TomBrooklyn
    Master Tactician
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 2,496
    D.R.E.A.D said:  growler drones run over them sometimes
    Sounds helpful for mines, but I don't have a Growler.   I've  never even seen one.    How does one get it?

• Gudari43
    Gudari43
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 1,090
    Sounds helpful for mines, but I don't have a Growler.   I've  never even seen one.    How does one get it?
    The Growler was a Shadow Ops prize - link on history.

http://warcommander.wikia.com/wiki/Growler#History_of_Availability
  • lomolife1174
    lomolife1174
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 9,114
    Sometimes the Unique Bases that spawn on Mondays will be Growler Bases. These Growler Bases will let you earn either the Unit or its Components. Medals will be earned only after you have the Unit and all its Components.