Just came back need advice

Shdwkn Centauri
Shdwkn Centauri
Incursion Leader
Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 1,118
Just came back after a year of playing. I have no idea what i should be aiming for or upgrading. My best units when i left were my HS, Titan, vanqs and ehovers. What should i be doing or looking to unlock? any help would be appreciated.
  • AldazarSorinor
    AldazarSorinor
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 54
    Try and get yourself some Cyclones from the Gear Store.  Also the Night Owl drones are very good units to get as well.   
  • kixeyeuser_1378265127946_26181_882146634
    kixeyeuser_1378265127946_26181_882146634
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2015 Posts: 331
    i think that you should be trying to get as manny meadals as you can and get unique units 
  • kixeyeuser_1378265127946_26181_882146634
    kixeyeuser_1378265127946_26181_882146634
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2015 Posts: 331
    but i am a much lower lvl than you so a different strategy may be better for you
  • nametagg0
    nametagg0
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 4,339
    edited 10 May 2016, 11:24PM
    get a lead heavy operator, a commando, a preserver, a operator and a heavy operator cyclones,tempests and if you can in this next event night owls and hero units (Kara and Dante are currently listed as the best but sheila and brother jeramia are also useful.)
    Image result for free to play vs pay to win gif

"the optimist looks up and loses his footing.
      the pessimist looks down and loses the path
      the strategist looks forward and adjusts accordingly" 
  • igpa-atinla
    igpa-atinla
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Dec 2014 Posts: 1,330
    Start out by getting 3 teams of 4 preservers each and a lead operator. Preservers are better than operators, however more expensive. The leaders don't have much of a stat difference (when maxed), so just get the cheaper one. Then get either 2-3 cyclones, and 1 Jackal or Hellhound.
    500 Range SF will allow you to take bases easier, and the cyclones will help. The hellhound/jackal is a baiting unit, and can bait bait things like Titan, SS, etc.
    After that, get some commandos, and more preservers. It is best to place 1 commando at the front, and the rest in the back. This gives the squad 550 range, however they have low health.
    If you feel threatened by air, get a tempest and place it in your base. Even a lvl 1 tempest can almost kill the SS (~2 mil health).
    Under no circumstances by the thunderstorm, as they are too expensive for how useful they are. They are high health suicide air, with no tech. Not a good combo for air nowadays.
    To all you people who can't tell, this is a TAG.
    If you did something wrong, don't **** about it to Kixeye. Man up, and accept what has happened as your fault.
  • Shdwkn Centauri
    Shdwkn Centauri
    Incursion Leader
    Fantastic guys thank you so much
    Start out by getting 3 teams of 4 preservers each and a lead operator. Preservers are better than operators, however more expensive. The leaders don't have much of a stat difference (when maxed), so just get the cheaper one. Then get either 2-3 cyclones, and 1 Jackal or Hellhound.
    500 Range SF will allow you to take bases easier, and the cyclones will help. The hellhound/jackal is a baiting unit, and can bait bait things like Titan, SS, etc.
    After that, get some commandos, and more preservers. It is best to place 1 commando at the front, and the rest in the back. This gives the squad 550 range, however they have low health.
    If you feel threatened by air, get a tempest and place it in your base. Even a lvl 1 tempest can almost kill the SS (~2 mil health).
    Under no circumstances by the thunderstorm, as they are too expensive for how useful they are. They are high health suicide air, with no tech. Not a good combo for air nowadays.
    As the jackal is simply a baiting unit would my viper x suffice until i got all these special forces infantry? Best way to get medals in between weekly pvp events?
  • nametagg0
    nametagg0
    Unicorn Overlord
    edited 10 May 2016, 11:30PM
    As the jackal is simply a baiting unit would my viper x suffice until i got all these special forces infantry? Best way to get medals in between weekly pvp events?
    the best way to get medals in general is in Highway zealot bases still and the viper x is still a fairly good unit though has become a bit weaker then it once was. a warning to you there are stealth units now called infiltrators be extremely careful when attacking high level bases also the rail-gun turret will one-shot any ground unit you send but has a long reload so use buggies to make it waste its shot when fighting them.

• igpa-atinla
    igpa-atinla
    Incursion Leader
    Viper X would work, but has high repair, best to get it too lvl 17 where it has 2 mil health. The biggest reason I use Jackals id because I have the corrosive and range + components.
    If you did something wrong, don't **** about it to Kixeye. Man up, and accept what has happened as your fault.
  • Shdwkn Centauri
    Shdwkn Centauri
    Incursion Leader
    Excellent ill pick up the SF infantry first then. What about static base defenses. What turrets are people using nowadays?

• nametagg0
    nametagg0
    Unicorn Overlord
    edited 11 May 2016, 12:43AM
    Excellent ill pick up the SF infantry first then. What about static base defenses. What turrets are people using nowadays?

avalanche turrets and the new heavy turrets mostly.

• igpa-atinla
    igpa-atinla
    Incursion Leader
    If you can't upgrade them, use aa plasma and ion. If you can upgrade them ,but not past 525 range, keep some other ion/aa plasmas on as well.,
  • Shdwkn Centauri
    Shdwkn Centauri
    Incursion Leader
    Man you guys have been awesome! Thanks for all the help i feel like i have some real objectives now. The best units/base to hit for thor would be which one?
  • nametagg0
    nametagg0
    Unicorn Overlord
    depends on how much thor you need in my opinion. but i would guess either the 40 or the 60 would be best to go for without vxp units.

• chinapig
    chinapig
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 1,510
    Man you guys have been awesome! Thanks for all the help i feel like i have some real objectives now. The best units/base to hit for thor would be which one?
    When I came back recently I used medals I already had to buy 1 cyclone, I also jumped and hit some lower levels just to make sure I had a weekly payout. I am level 39, but I stopped playing when vanquishers were the thing.
    As I had shopped vanqs, I was able to do the verk 50's for thorium the old fashioned method, losing 1 or 2 vanqs per base.
    These bases can now be done with no damage by using tempest to kill valks, and ( I have 5 ) promoted cyclones will kill everything with a free repair.
    The 40's can be done also but they are a pain in the arse and take longer. You need a few SF to kill advancing hovers to start with, and you need to dart in and out to pick targets with your cyclone as any un shopped titan under level 17 will be shredded by the AA.
    The 30's are easy to take, you can rubi loads of them with titan but at only 1/2 mil payout it can be a bit of a grind.
    For res, the hh45 can be farmed with a cyclone no damage. When I came back I used my EHS to do them in 6 mins but now there is sf in the base that is no longer an option. Now I take them with titan +cyclones combo in 3 min no damage.
    After a few weeks, I bought the starter pack, giving me an extra 4 cyclones , jackals and nightmares. Get this if you can, it will free up your gear store requirements so you can concentrate on buying tech. The units you get for 50 gold are equivalent to around 2 months of max weekly payouts, well worth it if you are restricted in the amount / level of medal bases you can hit, and are unable to do PVP with outdated units.
    You will need javelins if you want to do the level 60 medal bases. I do them with scorpion op, cyclones and nightmares, but I need to end attack a lot while prepping with my cyclones, so I can instant repair, also the scorps die pretty fast even with the SF and other defending units removed, so you got to be fast, no lag and keeping good control of your units. I can't wait to roast my way through them once my javelins are upgraded enough.
    (I bought the collecter pack for the javelins alone )
    I would reccomend doing the level 30 bases, with scorpion op but you are going to need at least one cyclone, ranked above 10 so it outranges the blitz and kills the AA turrets with splash before they fire.
    To rank up your cyclone, do sickle syndicate level 40 bases. You can rank up in a few hours. Only use one cyclone at a time.
  • Shdwkn Centauri
    Shdwkn Centauri
    Incursion Leader
    chinapig said:
    When I came back recently I used medals I already had to buy 1 cyclone, I also jumped and hit some lower levels just to make sure I had a weekly payout. I am level 39, but I stopped playing when vanquishers were the thing.
    As I had shopped vanqs, I was able to do the verk 50's for thorium the old fashioned method, losing 1 or 2 vanqs per base.
    These bases can now be done with no damage by using tempest to kill valks, and ( I have 5 ) promoted cyclones will kill everything with a free repair.
    The 40's can be done also but they are a pain in the arse and take longer. You need a few SF to kill advancing hovers to start with, and you need to dart in and out to pick targets with your cyclone as any un shopped titan under level 17 will be shredded by the AA.
    The 30's are easy to take, you can rubi loads of them with titan but at only 1/2 mil payout it can be a bit of a grind.
    For res, the hh45 can be farmed with a cyclone no damage. When I came back I used my EHS to do them in 6 mins but now there is sf in the base that is no longer an option. Now I take them with titan +cyclones combo in 3 min no damage.
    After a few weeks, I bought the starter pack, giving me an extra 4 cyclones , jackals and nightmares. Get this if you can, it will free up your gear store requirements so you can concentrate on buying tech. The units you get for 50 gold are equivalent to around 2 months of max weekly payouts, well worth it if you are restricted in the amount / level of medal bases you can hit, and are unable to do PVP with outdated units.
    You will need javelins if you want to do the level 60 medal bases. I do them with scorpion op, cyclones and nightmares, but I need to end attack a lot while prepping with my cyclones, so I can instant repair, also the scorps die pretty fast even with the SF and other defending units removed, so you got to be fast, no lag and keeping good control of your units. I can't wait to roast my way through them once my javelins are upgraded enough.
    (I bought the collecter pack for the javelins alone )
    I would reccomend doing the level 30 bases, with scorpion op but you are going to need at least one cyclone, ranked above 10 so it outranges the blitz and kills the AA turrets with splash before they fire.
    To rank up your cyclone, do sickle syndicate level 40 bases. You can rank up in a few hours. Only use one cyclone at a time.
    Unfortunately Kixeye is not offering me any of these packs as I don't "fall into their criteria" I wanted the collectors pack for the Javelin alone as well so ive had to do this all from scratch since i first posted this. I got a commando and leveled it up to p1 and can hit the 30s no loss (also unlocked a cyclone and some more SF). however the promotion upgrade just bugged my platoon and i can no longer deploy him. i am losing out on a **** one of medals today.