Base Ideas

MissingNum
MissingNum
Skilled Warrior
Joined May 2015 Posts: 471

With Onslaught coming up sometime in the near future, I'm sure many of you are trying beef up your defenses and make your base impenetrable (I know I am). The problem is, I have no idea how to make a good base. What should I protect? What is the best ratio of turrets? Which units should I use? Should I focus on upgrading bunkers or silos?

I've tried peaking in some of my clanmate's bases, but I'm not as far along as they are. I would appreciate it if the community could lend a hand in my efforts. I'm a mid-level player who wants all of the Thor and medals from this PvE event.

(Pictures would be helpful, but not necessary.)

Thanks,

BB

• Initial_Degeneration
    Initial_Degeneration
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2015 Posts: 2,853
    if you have owls try to max those drone silos

• MissingNum
    MissingNum
    Skilled Warrior

@Initial_Degeneration said:
    if you have owls try to max those drone silos

Ok I'll try that

• Heywood_Jablome
    Heywood_Jablome
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2015 Posts: 536
    Owls in silos kill anything that is not air in seconds 

• FELHUNTER
    FELHUNTER
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 2,631

thats not a inferno/growler which are always in 50+
    http://i.imgur.com/FglMY0M.gif
  • igpa-atinla
    igpa-atinla
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Dec 2014 Posts: 1,330
    I would say in order:
    Walls lvl 10
    Turrets to lvl 4 
    Drone Silos to lvl 8/9
    Turrets to the highest level you can get them
    Max Drone Silos
    Bunkers

For turrets:
    Primary avalanche
    secondary: Ion, aa plasma
    Heavy: A good set up is 1 railgun, 1 overwatch, and 2 AA heavies (your pick - hunter/flak)

This is just for defense. Once you get turrets to a high lvl, and bunkers to lvl 3 or 4, you should upgrade your resource capacity.
    Level 9 Bunkers are very powerful, with good setup, however they take a LONG time to upgrade, so focus on other things.
    For Onsalught make sure your turrets have at least (preferably more) 500 - 525 range.
    To all you people who can't tell, this is a TAG.
    If you did something wrong, don't **** about it to Kixeye. Man up, and accept what has happened as your fault.
  • Mini-HUDMAN
    Mini-HUDMAN
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 159
    Level 37, you can see defending units at the bottom-right.  Will have another maxed Tempest ready in a bit.  When's this thing start anyway?

• cipsis101
    cipsis101
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2014 Posts: 27
    Level 37, you can see defending units at the bottom-right.  Will have another maxed Tempest ready in a bit.  When's this thing start anyway?

LVL 37 with promoted SF and maxed turrets?
  • Mini-HUDMAN
    Mini-HUDMAN
    Minor Nuisance
    Footprint view of the same base with CC moved.  I plan on running Serious Tail Sp. Op (6 Scorpions) in the higher level waves.  My base is weak, but the defending units are strong!  On the Phantom & Inferno attacks, I'll end attack after seeing where inferno is coming from & put all my mines there.  With Phantom, I'll end attack after I see where it's coming from & line up tempest & units on each side, as CC is lvl 7, I have to shoot Phantom down; CC won't survive 1 Phantom fly-over.

• cipsis101
    cipsis101
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2014 Posts: 27
    It will survive
  • MX36
    MX36
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 3,253
    With Maxed Barricades and Bunkers (Strongholds) you don't need anything else!
    P Sherman, 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney.
  • Mini-HUDMAN
    Mini-HUDMAN
    Minor Nuisance
    cipsis101, turrets are lvl 2, but Napalm on them are maxed.  Def. Lab is lvl 10.  I leveled up 1 Tempest & most of my Special Forces pretty quick by having a friend clear out all the anti-ground on 60's that give 3,000 medals.  There's a CC & a lot of turrets to take out of those 60's & it pays good xp.

I can hold 110 Mil oil & metal, so I can promote them, plus I won some Promoted Preservers & Lead Preservers in last event.  (Still building them)  I'll have to raise oil & metal capacity to promote Heavy Leads when the time comes.

Maxing the 2nd Tempest was easy with all the unique bases from the other day, taking out Titans & Sandstorm & the turrets, after friend took out all anti-ground.  I used Scorpion King op to keep Titan & Sandstorm busy to avoid damage.  I have E-Titan & E-Sandstorm too & a bunch of maxed Cyclones.  I was maxing Cyclones on 40's, but used the BFG bases to max the last 6 in a couple hours, by shooting the BFG's only.  (They don't shoot air) Gained 5 million xp per base.

Working on Lvl 10 Tech center now, so I can level up E-Sand & E-Titan, then work on getting CC to lvl 8 after Onslaught.
  • Mini-HUDMAN
    Mini-HUDMAN
    Minor Nuisance
    cipsis101 said:
    It will survive
    "It" being the CC or the Phantom?  LOL!  During event, Phantom took out CC after 1st flyover, even with maxed walls around it.  So I lined up on each side of flight-path & used riflemen to make it un-stealth as quickly as possible.  Then I was shooting it down before it go to CC.  For the Inferno, I hadn't built mines yet, as I was still upgrading them, so I used my units to take it out, while Scorpion Ops kept it turning around.  Still took 3 hours of repairs to base defending units.

I look on forum & people were saying they were both maxed & to use maxed walls around lvl 8 CC & it won't die after Phantom-fly-over.  And they said to use mines for Inferno, but I didn't have them, at the time.  Got them now.
  • MissingNum
    MissingNum
    Skilled Warrior

This is my current setup. I may change it too look more like yours Mini-HUDMAN. I'll have 2 Tempest, 2 Ultras and a ton of SF. 
  • NieR01
    NieR01
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jun 2015 Posts: 4,259
    MX36 said:
    heavy turrets come to mind as well
    Image result for nier replicant

• FELHUNTER
    FELHUNTER
    Unicorn Overlord
    edited 29 Apr 2016, 9:01PM
    is my current layout at 37 its not great in events without heavy platforms and higher level drone silos    Edit: i also keep a level 20 jackal with Range/Corrosion and a tempest under CC both on defensive
  • NieR01
    NieR01
    Unicorn Overlord
    This hunk of junk got me through tier A so I will give this a whirl for onslaught

• Heywood_Jablome
    Heywood_Jablome
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2015 Posts: 536
    Felhunter said:

I can never see my base when it is under attack I have no idea what hit it without looking at videos there is so much lag 
  • para42
    para42
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 348
    Felhunter said:

I can never see my base when it is under attack I have no idea what hit it without looking at videos there is so much lag 
    yeah the same just watch a frozen screen, listen to some explosions and screams then wait to see if  victory or defeated comes up lol

• igpa-atinla
    igpa-atinla
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Dec 2014 Posts: 1,330

This is my current setup. I may change it too look more like yours Mini-HUDMAN. I'll have 2 Tempest, 2 Ultras and a ton of SF. 
    Rocket Silos are not the thing to protect during onslaught. You should only really protect them that much if they contain Icarus missiles.
    Wait out your bunker upgrade, and then upgrade your drone silos. Put at 5 owls and 5 shock wing drones (600 space) in each.
    Upgrade your heavy turrets to 575 range, or upgrade your thorium if you can't equip them at a higher level.

Between Onslaught and the event (or before the event) you should spend time getting at least 110 mil res cap, and 15-20 mil thorium. That way you can upgrade more buildings, especially the weapons lab. After that, upgrade your airfield and helipad, enough for all the air you have and would like to be able to use in an attack. Then you could choose to upgrade your defense lab, or bunkers. If you choose bunkers, make sure you level up 1 at a time (up to level nine) and then do another.

Of course, this is all my opinion. You choose what you want to do.
    To all you people who can't tell, this is a TAG.
    If you did something wrong, don't **** about it to Kixeye. Man up, and accept what has happened as your fault.
  • MX36
    MX36
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 3,253
    True, but their slow reloading speed makes them my 4th line of defense  ;)
    Bunkers > Orbital > Barricades > Heavy Turrets > Turrets > Units > Drone Silo > Flood 

Here's my current layout.. 

Birds-eye view:

for the onslaught, I will rearrange the walls similar to Fellhunter's layout. double layered and spaced out a little bit. the units will be mostly Jackals, Scorpions and Scorchers all on aggressive and Dante.
    I don't rely on the Rocket Silos, in fact if I could scrap these 2 I would!   :s
    P Sherman, 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney.
  • FELHUNTER
    FELHUNTER
    Unicorn Overlord
    MX36 said:
    Bunkers > Orbital > Barricades > Heavy Turrets > Turrets > Units > Drone Silo > Flood 

Birds-eye view:

for the onslaught, I will rearrange the walls similar to Fellhunter's layout. double layered and spaced out a little bit. the units will be mostly Jackals, Scorpions and Scorchers all on aggressive and Dante.
    I don't rely on the Rocket Silos, in fact if I could scrap these 2 I would!   :s
    why dont you convert them to achilles? atleast it will help somewhat in events :)
  • MissingNum
    MissingNum
    Skilled Warrior

Rocket Silos are not the thing to protect during onslaught. You should only really protect them that much if they contain Icarus missiles.
    Wait out your bunker upgrade, and then upgrade your drone silos. Put at 5 owls and 5 shock wing drones (600 space) in each.
    Upgrade your heavy turrets to 575 range, or upgrade your thorium if you can't equip them at a higher level.

Between Onslaught and the event (or before the event) you should spend time getting at least 110 mil res cap, and 15-20 mil thorium. That way you can upgrade more buildings, especially the weapons lab. After that, upgrade your airfield and helipad, enough for all the air you have and would like to be able to use in an attack. Then you could choose to upgrade your defense lab, or bunkers. If you choose bunkers, make sure you level up 1 at a time (up to level nine) and then do another.

Of course, this is all my opinion. You choose what you want to do.
    I will definitely take your advice. My res is already at 110 mil, I just need upgrade my thorium (that is what is hindering my progress the most). I currently have 2-3 owls and a couple of wing drones in each drone silo. 

Do you recommend a certain spot I should put my base in, like the center or one of the corners? 

Thanks
  • MissingNum
    MissingNum
    Skilled Warrior
    Felhunter said:
    MX36 said:

Birds-eye view:

why dont you convert them to achilles? atleast it will help somewhat in events :)
    I have achilles in my Rocket Silos, but they are lvl 7
  • FELHUNTER
    FELHUNTER
    Unicorn Overlord
    Felhunter said:
    MX36 said:

Birds-eye view:

I have achilles in my Rocket Silos, but they are lvl 7
    was talking to MX36 but yes achilles are a huge help even if its just to 13 as they match Blitz's Range at 660 and ive used them for 2 events with just now maxing them out and placing em this past week
  • Khairi_Y
    Khairi_Y
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 106
    MX36 said:
    Why not watchtowers? More range.
  • FELHUNTER
    FELHUNTER
    Unicorn Overlord
    Khairi_Y said:
    MX36 said:
    Why not watchtowers? More range.
    with SF these days its more survivability then range and bunkers can take 2 owl hits or a lot of SF damage from it and a Preserver still has a 700 range in the stronghold so equal range to any of the heavy turrets
  • TheLostGuardian
    TheLostGuardian
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 2,584
    my base isnt great but does b tier well, 4 tempests silos are lvl 7 with night owls tempests and owls are key granted in months time avalanches etc 
    wip XP oh and maxing walls ._. hope maybe this gives you an idea or two.
    Battle pirates-lvl: 84
    Sector:231

War commander-:lvl 39
    sector:165

Call me lost, for that is what i am.
  • NieR01
    NieR01
    Unicorn Overlord
    MX36 said:

Birds-eye view:

I'm eventually have plans to move my rocket silo's on the outer layers which should tighten my base closer but I'm just lazy.

• honeydodo
    honeydodo
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2016 Posts: 190
    For Onslaught all you really need are max walls around your CC and as many SF (500-550 range) teams as you can deploy right under your CC or around it. Also have at least 2 members (preferably 4, one per each CC side/corner) with 'charged ord' (1 member per team). Spread your other buildings and structures in a way that will buy you time so attacking units will reach your CC a few at a time for your SF to demolish them. This option is for players without max Strongholds-SF or turrets, and NO ability to control units due to massive lags.

Your best defence is max walls, max CC, max Bunkers with SF in them, no lag, ability to control defensive units to bait attacking units.
  • Essayon
    Essayon
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 1,272
    edited 30 Apr 2016, 6:38PM

1) Max walls are great. You can spread them out and mix them amongst buildings for PvE and they do really well. If mixed properly, many of the last-standers can become protected by the walls. This means RUBI units will shoot the walls as well in order to eliminate the closest threat. Which takes longer, especially when the walls are spread out a little. This gives your base has more time to kill them.

2) Airborne platforms are great. If you have them, try to space them out and alternate between airborne and ground platforms, with a wall or 2 or a building between. This makes it harder for small numbers of rubi air to take large chunks out of your defense.

3) If you're considering coining anything, may I suggest 2 things: Overwatch turrets(airborne heavy platforms) if you can get them, and 1 or 2 bunkers if you can get them to hold SF. Go on the wiki and research the requirements and time for those bunkers before committing to coining multiple upgrades. Especially if you have promoted and modded SF, having just one stronghold full of custom SF can make a humongous difference. Especially since they took the equip costs down, you can change out mods on the units inside cheaply w/o having to heal the bunker to change the units out between waves for infernos, titans, etc.