EHoovers era totally over? I started trashing maxed out/fully workshopped toons months ago

VictorErik
VictorErik
Potential Threat
Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 88
edited 5 Feb 2016, 9:50PM
Are maxed out & fully workshopped Elite Hover tanks DONE and nearly USELESS????? I been playing 2 to 3 years, I remember when I used to fight with Paladins maxed out, and then turned to E-hovers, got those maxed out last summer 2015, then realized the game was moving on and I didn't. Only THORIUM base changes have forced it.  With the Thorium changed, I can NOT do the Vercraft 30s or 40s without total damage. Raptor ability is less on 30s now to.. Using SHOCK on 40's is also ineffective and you must now sacrifice 2 whole toons for only 1 million Thorium and 2 shocks.    So I guess EHoovers are DONE??  PVP units take 40's with relative ease............ I think Thorium farming will have to come back one day, the bases will just be different......
  • TacomanWasTaken
    TacomanWasTaken
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 6,397
    Yea, I just scrapped my last 10 ehovers last week. They are still great for lower levels but as someone who never got to experience the rise and fall of ehovers it makes me kinda sad. I quit right before they released all the cool attachments for hovers and when I came back they were pretty much useless except for a couple weeks. 
    getting called a cheater, if you arent cheating just means you won
    Join our Clan! | Donation Link | Hannibal Boss Base |  Thanksgiving Video!   | Facebook Page | IGN: Tacoman
  • killer99999999
    killer99999999
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 1,770
    They still have a use as anti nuke defense in base but thats about it
  • Maximus_Destructicus
    Maximus_Destructicus
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 3,894
    everything becomes useless equipment at some point, dvd players, walkmans, boomboxes.....so, while ignoring your long rant, the answer to your question is yes, ehovers are useless now, basically everything before the sf are useless now, we are basically in version 2 of the game, all the old units are being replaced by newer sf versions.  ehaovers era was done about 12 months ago

• snydersh
    snydersh
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2014 Posts: 3,495
    yeah, im sad about it too, i used to wreck **** with them. just scrapped the last 19 a few days ago. was holding on hoping maybe they will get buffed but it seems not. at least vanqs still have a use!........for now
    don't read the post too long or you might not see me coming up behind you. ;)
  • NieR01
    NieR01
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jun 2015 Posts: 4,250
    I'm down to 5 of them and one commander; gotta make sure to still have options.
    Image result for nier replicant

• Hojo Jutsu
    Hojo Jutsu
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 241
    Why move this? Damned interesting thread.
    Plan Your Upgrades... Upgrade Your Plans...
  • VictorErik
    VictorErik
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 88
    I never really changed the way I attacked large and GIANT Thoriums. I have it down to light damage on GIANTS using a shock on both side. Always using a farming booster, DragonFly or Jumbo. Larges, light damage to Ehoovers attaching from east and west to take out air, then finishing with Raptors. I could do 6 of those to start my day any a few hours repair time. VERCRAFT bases totally changed that approach
  • Grouphugs4u
    Grouphugs4u
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2015 Posts: 214
    everything becomes useless equipment at some point, dvd players, walkmans, boomboxes.....so, while ignoring your long rant, the answer to your question is yes, ehovers are useless now, basically everything before the sf are useless now, we are basically in version 2 of the game, all the old units are being replaced by newer sf versions.  ehaovers era was done about 12 months ago
    Ryu-Kai units are still useful, Javelins obviously, and I use Scorcher with 1 corrosive unit (Scorp/Jackal) to easily take out the Inferno on tier A defence waves (minimal damage despite inability to control the units with the lag). Sometimes Vanq are helpful in cave bases to take out SF Bunkers.

[For general knowledge - original 80's Boombox are highly collectable, can go for a couple grands or more depending on condition and brand]
    I eat extra fibers and wipe my bottom with a SF Giants toilet paper.
  • Grouphugs4u
    Grouphugs4u
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2015 Posts: 214
    edited 5 Feb 2016, 10:39PM
    I never really changed the way I attacked large and GIANT Thoriums. I have it down to light damage on GIANTS using a shock on both side. Always using a farming booster, DragonFly or Jumbo. Larges, light damage to Ehoovers attaching from east and west to take out air, then finishing with Raptors. I could do 6 of those to start my day any a few hours repair time. VERCRAFT bases totally changed that approach
    Get yourself a SF leader (Lead Heavy Operator are awesome and are on half price sale in the gear shop) + one SF member with 500 range (Preserver, Heavy Operator) and you can farm Verk30 with ease. Verk40 might require you to obtain 'Charged Ord' component and a 550 range SF, or you can do it with an Infiltrator group but I would not invest time in them as a starting SF unit.

Not trolling or anything but instead of hustle yourself with trying to play catch up, you might want to look in other games. It is only my opinion but the game feels very boring now, it is really 'Upgrade/Farm Commander' now.
    I eat extra fibers and wipe my bottom with a SF Giants toilet paper.
  • lomolife1174
    lomolife1174
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 9,114
    edited 5 Feb 2016, 10:54PM
    Are maxed out & fully workshopped Elite Hover tanks DONE and nearly USELESS????? I been playing 2 to 3 years, I remember when I used to fight with Paladins maxed out, and then turned to E-hovers, got those maxed out last summer 2015, then realized the game was moving on and I didn't. Only THORIUM base changes have forced it.  With the Thorium changed, I can NOT do the Vercraft 30s or 40s without total damage. Raptor ability is less on 30s now to.. Using SHOCK on 40's is also ineffective and you must now sacrifice 2 whole toons for only 1 million Thorium and 2 shocks.    So I guess EHoovers are DONE??  PVP units take 40's with relative ease............ I think Thorium farming will have to come back one day, the bases will just be different......
    Vic, Hover Tanks are useless right now. They simply don't have the Range and Health of Special Forces. Nobody needs them except for defence against Missiles, and even then you need a large group of them to do anything.

Their ability to clean-up also has been reduced by the introduction of Night Owls.
  • Thane_Mantis
    Thane_Mantis
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 8,259
    R.I.P. Hover Tanks. We salute your service, and you had a good run.
    Probably one of the longest lasting lifecycles in the game. And undoubtedly one of the best of its era.
    Me on my day's off...
    Thane_Mantis
  • Initial_Degeneration
    Initial_Degeneration
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2015 Posts: 2,853
    make hovers lv20! 

• kixeyeuser_1400982280469_694401381
    kixeyeuser_1400982280469_694401381
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 22
    I'm sure a high power, VXP hover is on the way.
  • Rick_T81
    Rick_T81
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 4
    Boomboxes are from the 70s. I was there.
  • Neill Wadsworth
    Neill Wadsworth
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 996
    i only use them on base def as an anti missile unit, useless for anything else now
  • TheLostGuardian
    TheLostGuardian
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 2,584
    edited 17 Mar 2016, 3:40PM
    hmm i agree they dont have many uses although i nearly found one this last sunday, i was probably a couple shots from killing the boss base for shadow ops, *with lvl 15 ehovers and lvl 4 components.. grants i use else to kills the turrets *jackals and scorps.

they were pretty decent at running in circles and shooting at the giant widowmaker.
    Battle pirates-lvl: 84
    Sector:231

War commander-:lvl 39
    sector:165

Call me lost, for that is what i am.
  • kixeyeuser_578490925_4551_1007166
    kixeyeuser_578490925_4551_1007166
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 1

Uniques have made all regular vehicles obsolete

• greenwing
    greenwing
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 1,052
    When workshopped for speed they work very well for the widowmaker bases.
  • WHITEKNIGHT-01
    WHITEKNIGHT-01
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 881
    greenwing said:
    When workshopped for speed they work very well for the widowmaker bases.
    and in the verkaft bases if you straif quick and careful enough...
  • Smash4077
    Smash4077
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2015 Posts: 44
    I have a few i saved but haven't used them in a long time
    Master Hunter
  • WHITEKNIGHT-01
    WHITEKNIGHT-01
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 881
    Smash4077 said:
    I have a few i saved but haven't used them in a long time
    always check for new tech in workshop and in gear store, they don't always announce new stuff in there
  • BD-Assassin
    BD-Assassin
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 62
    i still use some hover tank commander(5) to defend my base against missiles.they are pretty good against missiles.

:D
  • Smash4077
    Smash4077
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2015 Posts: 44
    yes i do the same i have 6 for my base
    Master Hunter
  • i-DROP
    i-DROP
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2014 Posts: 11
    havent used e hovers in feels like ages now...SF takeover!
  • RaVeN902
    RaVeN902
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 65
    sf replaced e hovers, E hovers replaced E mega tank and E hellfires witched replaced etc......
  • NieR01
    NieR01
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jun 2015 Posts: 4,250

I keep a few on reserve for the rocket silo. They can stop the rockets with extreme ease.

Image result for nier replicant