Need help with base design.

PigeonStrangler
PigeonStrangler
Potential Threat
Joined Mar 2015 Posts: 48
I'm a level 40 that hasn't played in 14 months.  My base use to be great but now it's obsolete.  I have no idea what I need to do in order to upgrade it and make it strong again.  I'm currently building the second Drone Silo and upgrading Avalanche Turrets.  Beyond that I'm clueless and need ideas.  Could someone please tell me what's best, and if possible, give me a picture of a high level base I can look to copy.

http://tinypic.com/r/1zqudep/9

• Avalanche Turrets are the good to have up at the moment, drone silos you want to fill with a new unit called night owls.. u can also max your towers and bunkers and put in special force units which are unique units in them, leaving them as last stand defenders which pack a punch lol.. your rocket silos your going to want at least one with a missile called Icarus or close to that... anything else add me, im also in sector 8 level 43 DBS leader, if u cant them jump to sector 8 and ask for DBS leader 
  • Justin_S443
    Justin_S443
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 143
    Yes i suggest upgrading your AA Plasma  and equipping that to go along with your napalms and avalanche turrets. Lasers are now not to use in the game... I sent you a friend request, if you need help or need a opinion on something i will gladly like to help out.
  • PigeonStrangler
    PigeonStrangler
    Potential Threat
    Yes i suggest upgrading your AA Plasma  and equipping that to go along with your napalms and avalanche turrets. Lasers are now not to use in the game... I sent you a friend request, if you need help or need a opinion on something i will gladly like to help out.
    I'm not using Lasers, I do however have Plasmas.  You mean to say Plasma is no longer useful?  Plasma use to be the best tank killer in the game.  I actually thought the Napalm would be useless at this point given the strength of infantry. 

What ratio is recommended?  How about this on each side:

AA Plasma - Avalanche - Napalm - Avalanche
  • FataLegit
    FataLegit
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2015 Posts: 404
    I'm not using Lasers, I do however have Plasmas.  You mean to say Plasma is no longer useful?  Plasma use to be the best tank killer in the game.  I actually thought the Napalm would be useless at this point given the strength of infantry. 

Microwaves AA plasmas and avalanches
    FATALAZER WAS HERE!
  • Justin_S443
    Justin_S443
    Minor Nuisance

yes sounds nice
  • Justin_S443
    Justin_S443
    Minor Nuisance
    FataLegit said:

Microwaves AA plasmas and avalanches
    I dont think he has microwave turret
  • TheLostGuardian
    TheLostGuardian
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 2,584
    half aa plasma half avalanche, youll want the overwatch (very important) either max out your blitz or go for storm(also one can be distracted by drones) and blitz can shoot both air and ground

napalm and plasma dont do enough damage these days and microwave isnt that good unless the units are ontop of the tower

the suggestion too get nightowls is a good one as well as for your rocket silos my guess is Achilles 

for units try getting a hero unit this event;jericho doran, bro Jeremiah, kara, sheila. cyclones are also very nice to have offensively.

other then that good luck.
    Battle pirates-lvl: 84
    Sector:231

War commander-:lvl 39
    sector:165

Call me lost, for that is what i am.
  • PigeonStrangler
    PigeonStrangler
    Potential Threat
    I have Microwave Turrets, I just unlocked them.
  • stephenk
    stephenk
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 34
    Avalanche Turrets are the good to have up at the moment, drone silos you want to fill with a new unit called night owls.. u can also max your towers and bunkers and put in special force units which are unique units in them, leaving them as last stand defenders which pack a punch lol.. your rocket silos your going to want at least one with a missile called Icarus or close to that... anything else add me, im also in sector 8 level 43 DBS leader, if u cant them jump to sector 8 and ask for DBS leader 

Avalanche Turrets are the good to have up at the moment, drone silos you want to fill with a new unit called night owls.. u can also max your towers and bunkers and put in special force units which are unique units in them, leaving them as last stand defenders which pack a punch lol.. your rocket silos your going to want at least one with a missile called Icarus or close to that... anything else add me, im also in sector 8 level 43 DBS leader, if u cant them jump to sector 8 and ask for DBS leader 

DBS LEADER , how many in ur group   was wondering if u are a cool group , how many in it and do u work together as a team , what is DBS stand for  let me know thanks  ( stephen klitscher  facebook ) send me a note thanks

• Initial_Degeneration
    Initial_Degeneration
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2015 Posts: 2,853
    this is a base setup i copied from i dude that i kept killing plats of, i would keep the plasma but change ion to miniguns (avalanche) and have icarus in rocket silos

• catouticus
    catouticus
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 118

Glad to see a player come back. First of what has been taken for granted is your storage cap the avalanche is a good turret but setting it at lvl 5 (when it has 500 range) costs 7mil Thor your thorium storage is around 4mil so this is important to upgrade fast.

All in all it depends what you want PvP or getting the new units in the monthly event you will very munch want the overwatch turret (20mil Thor at max)on the new heavy platform. You will want night owls (very good unit) AA plasma is very useful,plasma not so much.the new units have up to 550 range so take that into consideration.

Spacing your walls works and gives you more room also check if you have built the max it increased.

Rite now a lvl 30 with a cyclone can flat you so getting som AAplasma is not a bad idea

• LadyDeathxxoo
    LadyDeathxxoo
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 229
    I'm a level 40 that hasn't played in 14 months.  My base use to be great but now it's obsolete.  I have no idea what I need to do in order to upgrade it and make it strong again.  I'm currently building the second Drone Silo and upgrading Avalanche Turrets.  Beyond that I'm clueless and need ideas.  Could someone please tell me what's best, and if possible, give me a picture of a high level base I can look to copy.

GUESSING  KIXEYE HAD A TURRET SALE AND WE ALL MISSED IT   CAUSE SO FAR THIS GUY IS STILL PLAYING   RIDICULES

• WHITEKNIGHT-01
    WHITEKNIGHT-01
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 881

GUESSING  KIXEYE HAD A TURRET SALE AND WE ALL MISSED IT   CAUSE SO FAR THIS GUY IS STILL PLAYING   RIDICULES

needs a few more i think lol