♖ Bunkers Setup for the Event ♖

MX36
MX36
Unicorn Overlord
Joined May 2012 Posts: 3,251
edited 18 Feb 2016, 12:04AM
Hello Commander!!  :smiley: 
Everybody knows that a good planning & preparation is a critical success factor for passing the defense waves. and one of the key pillars of our strategic defense is Bunkers! 
Currently, Strongholds are the most favorable and widely used type of bunker as they are the most durable and the most effective against ground units.

I finally got my 4th one to level 9 and now the base feels more ready for the upcoming event. and I want to share with you the units inside & their schematics. open to get suggestions and feedback to fine-tune their setups.

Units inside:

Space utilization 500/500= 100%
Stronghold bonus damage to tanks=40%

Schematics:

Lead Commando |
♦ Press The Attack
♦ Compressed Magazine
♦ Heavy Ordnance
♦ AP-Rockets
As a unit, He has a massive damage boost Vs tanks.
As a Leader, He gives his Fire-team a 15% damage boost & a fixed 550 range in case the bunker’s destroyed.

Infiltrator | 
♦ Bandolier
♦ Flak Ordnance [R]
♦ Charged Ordnance [U]
Huge AOE shock to shut down Heavy tanks. The Bandolier with an increased fire rate helps in applying the effect more often.
Flak Ordnance [R] gives a 100% more damage to Aircraft, but as the unit also equipped with a CO component, the net extra damage will be only a 60% which is pretty good. And when you equip this tech at max level, you gain an extra 15 AOE which helps with a wider shock effect & Flak.  
Note: Since I have only 2 Flak[R], the other 2 bunkers will have an infiltrator equipped with an M4GX [U].

Preserver | X2
♦ Compressed Magazine
♦ Storm The Front
♦ Heavy Ordnance
♦ Augmented Armor
Two extremely powerful preservers put a serious hurt on enemy units with their continuous spray of bullets. Storm the front plays an important role in this design, as it gives extra damage bonus against any unit that gets closer like Inferno, Growler, Phantom, Nightowls,….etc.

Why Preservers and not Heavy Ops?
Preservers have the shortest clip cycles among SFs (0.425 Sec Original - 0.33 Sec Customized)
They also have the highest DPS:Space ratio of any sustain type unit.
They have the most durable armor type.

Yes, Heavy Ops have a Concussion immunity component, but when was the last time you've been hit by a Concussive Sheila in an event wave?

Stinger | 
♦ Corrosive Rockets
♦ Double Barrel Launcher
♦ Advanced Sight Helmet
♦ Reinforced Light Armor
In the modern age of special units & missiles, one Stinger won’t do much against them. But the sole purpose for this unit is to add the corrosion effect that increases your damage against aircraft by a 50%

Elite Heavy Gunner | X2
♦ Corrosive Shells
♦ Optimized Assault Barrel
♦ Reflex Training
♦ Impact Padding
Fitted with an increased range, an immunity to concussion and insane ROF,  The Elite Heavy Gunner with the added corrosion can save your precious time and increase the damage dealt to Ground & Air units.

- The 5th bunker still at level 6, and it's filled with corrosive & incendiary stingers & EHGs.

- I am still torn between using 2 Corrosive EHGs or 1 Concussive Mortar Team. Their space requirements prevent me from adding one of each, and the EMT range is insufficient when placed inside a Stronghold. 

Elite Mortar Team |
♦ Speed Loader  > 80% reload
♦ Concussion Shells   > Giant Stun
♦ Impact Padding  > Concussion Immunity

What do you think, Commanders? Is there any change I could do to make this better?

A few questions for CMs:

- Does the damage bonus from GoGo Bar stack with the damage bonus from bunkers? Or only to the units outside of those bunkers?

- Does Storm the Front use the extended range of a bunkered unit as a base for calculating its damage bonus (Commando 825)? Or the original range of the unit (Commando 550)?

- Can we have an update on Lead Infiltrators’ Grenades’ ranges & DPR?  

P Sherman, 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney.
  • TacomanWasTaken
    TacomanWasTaken
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 6,397
    Man if you have max bunkers it don't matter what you put in there. ANY sf will tear **** up...
    getting called a cheater, if you arent cheating just means you won
    Join our Clan! | Donation Link | Hannibal Boss Base |  Thanksgiving Video!   | Facebook Page | IGN: Tacoman
  • lomolife1174
    lomolife1174
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 9,114
    edited 18 Feb 2016, 12:14AM
    MX36 said:
    Hello Commander!!  :smiley: 
    Everybody knows that a good planning & preparation is a critical success factor for passing the defense waves. and one of the key pillars of our strategic defense is Bunkers! 
    Currently, Strongholds are the most favorable and widely used type of bunker as they are the most durable and the most effective against ground units.

I finally got my 4th one to level 9 and now the base feels more ready for the upcoming event. and I want to share with you the units inside & their schematics. open to get suggestions and feedback to fine-tune their setups.

Preserver | X2
    ♦ Compressed Magazine
    ♦ Storm The Front
    ♦ Heavy Ordnance
    ♦ Augmented Armor
    Two extremely powerful preservers put a serious hurt on enemy units with their continuous spray of bullets. Storm the front plays an important role in this design, as it gives extra damage bonus against any unit that gets closer like Inferno, Growler, Phantom, Nightowls,….etc.

Why Preservers and not Heavy Ops?
    Preservers have the shortest clip cycles among SFs (0.425 Sec Original - 0.33 Sec Customized)
    They also have the highest DPS:Space ratio of any sustain type unit.
    They have the most durable armor type.

Yes, Heavy Ops have a Concussion immunity component, but when was the last time you've been hit by a Concussive Sheila in an event wave?

Elite Heavy Gunner | X2
    ♦ Corrosive Shells
    ♦ Optimized Assault Barrel
    ♦ Reflex Training
    ♦ Impact Padding
    Fitted with an increased range, an immunity to concussion and insane ROF,  The Elite Heavy Gunner with the added corrosion can save your precious time and increase the damage dealt to Ground & Aircraft
    - The 5th bunker still at level 6, and it's filled with corrosive & incendiary stingers & EHGs.

- I am still torn between using 2 Corrosive EHGs or 1 Concussive Mortar Team. Their space requirements prevent me from adding one of each, and the EMT range is insufficient when placed inside a Stronghold. 

Elite Mortar Team |

What do you think, Commanders? Is there any change I could do to make this better?

A few questions for CMs:

- Does the damage bonus from GoGo Bar stack with the damage bonus from bunkers? Or only to the units outside of those bunkers?

- Does Storm the Front use the extended range of a bunkered unit as a base for calculating its damage bonus (Commando 825)? Or the original range of the unit (Commando 550)?

- Can we have an update on Lead Infiltrators’ Grenades’ ranges & DPR?  

Nice work MX36! I would also like to add about the Preservers is that they have a 1hr Repair Time compared to a Heavy Operator's 46 minute Repair Time. Since Units inside Bunkers heal along with the Bunker itself, that means you don't have to Repair the Preserver inside the Bunker, you only have to Repair the Bunker itself. Therefore, if you wanted the most bang for your Repair Time and Gold, you should have the Preserver in the Bunker and the Heavy Operator in the Base Defending Platoon.

Once again, the Elite Heavy Gunner Schematic is the best you can get, but I would suggest swapping out one of the Elite Heavy Gunners for an Elite Heavy Gunner with Fire. Since Corrosion doesn't stack with more Corrosion, it improves your Damage to have 2 Status Effects running at the same time instead of just one lonely Status Effect.

No, do not put Elite Mortar Teams in your Bunker. The main Infantry Unit that they will Concuss will be SF, which have a very long Range. With Elite Mortar Teams in a Bunker, this means that you will only be able to Concuss with your Range Lead Operators and Operators, which are not big threats to your base seeing as the SF in the Bunkers and the Night Owls in the Drone Silos would kill them before they got within Range of the Elite Mortar Teams.

This may be different for other players, but to me your main threat in this Event would be Ultra Tanks, since Kixeye decides to swarm you with a dozen of them at a time and since they ignore Night Owls, they won't stop to shoot at them.
  • MX36
    MX36
    Unicorn Overlord
    Meme_Man said:
    Man if you have max bunkers it don't matter what you put in there. ANY sf will tear **** up...
    True, but some of them have weaknesses and might not be a good choice in defense waves:
    Commandos rockets can be dodged\baited with expendable units\drones.
    Lead Heavy Ops have higher space requirements which lowers their DPS:Space ratio.
    Operators have shorter range.

• lomolife1174
    lomolife1174
    Unicorn Overlord
    Meme_Man said:
    No no no not true at all when Kixeye spawns in a dozen Ultra Tanks. 
  • TacomanWasTaken
    TacomanWasTaken
    Unicorn Overlord
    Meme_Man said:
    CO on a couple and bam they stopped in their tracks. Most SF toons should have at least one guy with CO, preferably a infiltrator so it has some splash 
    Join our Clan! | Donation Link | Hannibal Boss Base |  Thanksgiving Video!   | Facebook Page | IGN: Tacoman
  • lomolife1174
    lomolife1174
    Unicorn Overlord
    Meme_Man said:
    Meme_Man said:
    CO on a couple and bam they stopped in their tracks. Most SF toons should have at least one guy with CO, preferably a infiltrator so it has some splash 
    Too bad Kixeye spreads the Ultra Tanks out. At best you might have 3 Bunkers each with an Infiltrator with Charged Ordnance and increased Splash Radius firing on the Ultra Tanks, disabling maybe 6 out of the 12 Ultra Tanks. Sorry bud, ya just gotta do what ya did in the Winter Onslaught and run some Jackals to bait the Ultra Tanks.
  • TacomanWasTaken
    TacomanWasTaken
    Unicorn Overlord
    Meme_Man said:
    Meme_Man said:
    Too bad Kixeye spreads the Ultra Tanks out. At best you might have 3 Bunkers each with an Infiltrator with Charged Ordnance and increased Splash Radius firing on the Ultra Tanks, disabling maybe 6 out of the 12 Ultra Tanks. Sorry bud, ya just gotta do what ya did in the Winter Onslaught and run some Jackals to bait the Ultra Tanks.
    Yea that too. What im saying though is basically any one with max bunkers most likely has the defense and units needed to easily steamroll Tier A. If people without max bunkers can do it, then people with max bunkers should have an insanely easier time. 4 extra squads of SF on base defense an insane amount of base defenders. 
  • MX36
    MX36
    Unicorn Overlord
    Once again, the Elite Heavy Gunner Schematic is the best you can get, but I would suggest swapping out one of the Elite Heavy Gunners for an Elite Heavy Gunner with Fire. Since Corrosion doesn't stack with more Corrosion, it improves your Damage to have 2 Status Effects running at the same time instead of just one lonely Status Effect.
    Thanks man! I will swap one of them to fire and see how it works.  :)
    The reason I chose to put 2 because they are equipped with a [Reflex Training] component so they can cycle between 2 targets (Nightowls\Thunderstorms) very quickly and spread the corrosion to more units.

No, do not put Elite Mortar Teams in your Bunker. The main Infantry Unit that they will Concuss will be SF, which have a very long Range. With Elite Mortar Teams in a Bunker, this means that you will only be able to Concuss with your Range Lead Operators and Operators, which are not big threats to your base seeing as the SF in the Bunkers and the Night Owls in the Drone Silos would kill them before they got within Range of the Elite Mortar Teams. 
    That was my concern too! the range is not enough for them to successfully stun other SFs. I always try to takes notes & learn from what Kixeye's using in their RF bunkers and they use a combo including EMTs most of the time.

This may be different for other players, but to me your main threat in this Event would be Ultra Tanks, since Kixeye decides to swarm you with a dozen of them at a time and since they ignore Night Owls, they won't stop to shoot at them.
  • Moayd
    Moayd
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 1,171
    Meme_Man said:
    Meme_Man said:
    The base is more than just bunkers so the rest of the base will take care of the rest. maxed bunker just gonna make things easier. 
  • lomolife1174
    lomolife1174
    Unicorn Overlord
    Meme_Man said:
    Meme_Man said:
    Meme_Man said:
    Yea that too. What im saying though is basically any one with max bunkers most likely has the defense and units needed to easily steamroll Tier A. If people without max bunkers can do it, then people with max bunkers should have an insanely easier time. 4 extra squads of SF on base defense an insane amount of base defenders. 
    I know right, the poor Ultra Tanks first have to kill the Barricades, then the Avalanche/Napalm Turrets, then more Barricades, then the Bunker, and then the SF that spew forth from the Bunker. All this whilst they are being pounded by Night Owls from the Drone Silo and being shocked constantly by the SF in the Bunker. And then they sometimes wander off to fire at a baiting Unit.
  • MX36
    MX36
    Unicorn Overlord
    1) Yes it does stack
    2) Yes it does use the extended range
    3) I will notify WT about this for an update!
    CM Sulaco, Thank you very much!!
    Storm the Front is a very powerful yet underrated component. :)

• lomolife1174
    lomolife1174
    Unicorn Overlord
    MX36 said:
    1) Yes it does stack
    2) Yes it does use the extended range
    3) I will notify WT about this for an update!
    CM Sulaco, Thank you very much!!
    Storm the Front is a very powerful yet underrated component. :)

I use mine on my Sarkis, excellent at tearing apart Night Owls :).
  • MX36
    MX36
    Unicorn Overlord
    Meme_Man said:
    How many maxed bunkers do you have? 
    last event there were only 3 out of 5 maxed + the units inside were partially customized and I wasn't able to pass that Tier A Phantom wave without the help from an extra 2 squads of Preservers at the spawn point. :#
  • MX36
    MX36
    Unicorn Overlord
    Do you use him on aggressive or on defense waiting for the drones to fly above his head?
  • lomolife1174
    lomolife1174
    Unicorn Overlord
    MX36 said:
    Do you use him on aggressive or on defense waiting for the drones to fly above his head?
    I use him on Defensive (shield icon). Since Sarkis has a decent Range and gets that +20% boost to Range against Aircraft, the Night Owls will always trigger him to fire. If I put him on offensive he would always be attacking the nearest thing that walks, flies, or crawls. which would lead to him gettng drawn out into the open.
  • MX36
    MX36
    Unicorn Overlord
    I use him on Defensive (shield icon). Since Sarkis has a decent Range and gets that +20% boost to Range against Aircraft, the Night Owls will always trigger him to fire. If I put him on offensive he would always be attacking the nearest thing that walks, flies, or crawls. which would lead to him gettng drawn out into the open.
    Excellent strategy! 
    I would use him the same way too. especially because storm the front needs a standing still unit on defense.
  • IronCorps
    IronCorps
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Mar 2015 Posts: 1,000
    edited 23 Feb 2016, 5:10PM
    MX36 said:

Elite Mortar Team |

I would recommend using 1 Elite Mortar Team in each bunker with the Cryo Mortar component. Adding the "Cryo" Status Effect to attacking units, in conjunction with the Orbital hammer, should produce devastating results.