1 Night Owl vs Level 9 Watch Tower?

HighAnxiety
HighAnxiety
Skilled Warrior
Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 383
edited 7 Feb 2016, 6:49PM
Is it possible to have a Single Night Owl that remains Stealthy destroy a Level 9 Watch tower, and Retreat.  The numbers don't work for me.. Level 9 Watch Tower is 240,000..  I suspect this to be a cheat but I want to know if I'm just not seeing something. Here are my log's, Fact Sheets.  Also something I noticed, he's retreating more night owls than he has deployed.  Is this a glitch or what?  

I should also add that I have Max'd radio tower that should (if working) show Stealth Aircraft sooner inside base.  Not once did I ever see any of his Night Owls.  

Thanks for any feedback.

• Skipjack
    Skipjack
    WC Mod
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 4,030
    Put ERMs in and around your base and you will uncloak the Nightowls.  Ninjas (Infiltrators) work too  ;)
    Bacon Resistance is Futile
  • WHITEKNIGHT-01
    WHITEKNIGHT-01
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 881
    its another **** up by kixeye, same allowing unique units to be put together ie inferno and growler, this should made seperate, no two in same platoon...
  • WHITEKNIGHT-01
    WHITEKNIGHT-01
    Strike-force Captain
    alos the watch tower only adds 20% more damage not range
  • WHITEKNIGHT-01
    WHITEKNIGHT-01
    Strike-force Captain
    also what is the point of having a radar on top of watch towers if they dont WOrk!!!
    again you dont look at things we already have and upgrade or improve those you make more stupid units...
  • igpa-atinla
    igpa-atinla
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Dec 2014 Posts: 1,330
    All I know is that 1 night owl can destroy a maxed bunker (any type) or a lvl 8 command center in one hit.
    To all you people who can't tell, this is a TAG.
    If you did something wrong, don't **** about it to Kixeye. Man up, and accept what has happened as your fault.
  • WHITEKNIGHT-01
    WHITEKNIGHT-01
    Strike-force Captain
    because they using a retreat method to not get damage on it while the use it which i thnk is breaking the fair play rules, if its retreated then it should not be allowed to be used unless the attack begins again
  • Skipjack
    Skipjack
    WC Mod
    The deploy retreat is not against the rules... we have always had this tactic in game for both ground and air.  I used to use it all the time to snipe res from my enemies with me EHS.... As I stated above the fix to deter people from using it in your base it to use ERMs (Elite Rifle Men) in and all around your base (insta repair) and also Ninjas (Infiltrators) in your spawn spots will cause them to uncloak immediately and be shot down.  A little thoughtful effort using some older units will ensure any stealth unit is detected and unlocked.  If you do not know where the spawn spots are in your base have a friend hit you at each spot around your base and mark that spot with a wall piece of mine... then set your base def to trigger those points.   PS scorpions in those spawn points are alot of fun as well if you have them ;)
  • WHITEKNIGHT-01
    WHITEKNIGHT-01
    Strike-force Captain
    EHS are not cloaked units, this ability is being abused, as for putting more riflemen in base that does not work unless the owl decloaks above them on rubi, kixeye do not look at future problems with units they make up, its time they looked more clearly into other older units and upgrading those than making new ones, for instance the jackrabbit when did you use one last? why not add a laser capability and add more armor for the new players in game, as for infiltrators as far as i know they wer removed in the last event so unless they are being offered as prizes again in this event many wont have them will they, even some players were given sf units as conceltion rewards for kixeye messing up there game but they cant use em unless they got aleader....
  • Skipjack
    Skipjack
    WC Mod
    Ninjas (Infiltrators) are in the gear store.
    :)

• WHITEKNIGHT-01
    WHITEKNIGHT-01
    Strike-force Captain
    not the leaders check again

• DarkSkinNinja
    DarkSkinNinja
    Joined Jan 2014 Posts: 2,878
    woodysz3 said:
    EHS are not cloaked units, this ability is being abused, as for putting more riflemen in base that does not work unless the owl decloaks above them on rubi, kixeye do not look at future problems with units they make up, its time they looked more clearly into other older units and upgrading those than making new ones, for instance the jackrabbit when did you use one last? why not add a laser capability and add more armor for the new players in game, as for infiltrators as far as i know they wer removed in the last event so unless they are being offered as prizes again in this event many wont have them will they, even some players were given sf units as conceltion rewards for kixeye messing up there game but they cant use em unless they got aleader....
    owls decloak over any enemy unit/building(building being turrets, CC, etc. not normal buildings) in fact all cloaked units do this, every cloaked unit (excluding the phantom) has a detection area, once a unit is in that area, the unit will uncloak, it is the reason you cannot fly Cyclones over a base, it is also the reason that when an infil is near you you see a "!" above your units head, whether the unit is air or ground
    you challenge me in forums?Image result for anime gif swordsmanthen be prepared to lose.
  • DarkSkinNinja
    DarkSkinNinja
    woodysz3 said:

*add on* the leaders are avaliable in event store, currently not the gear, but the question have you never gotten an infil lead? 
    you challenge me in forums?Image result for anime gif swordsmanthen be prepared to lose.
  • WHITEKNIGHT-01
    WHITEKNIGHT-01
    Strike-force Captain
    i have 2 full units of them and i use em with growler for zealot 60s not always, cyclones can hover over one without firing

• Skipjack
    Skipjack
    WC Mod
    edited 7 Feb 2016, 11:54PM
    I only have one lead Ninja I have several of the regular ones and mix my Ninjas in other toons.... lot's of possibilities ;)  Can u tell Des and I aren't watching football.. LOL  :p
  • FELHUNTER
    FELHUNTER
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 2,631
    woodysz3 said:

*add on* the leaders are avaliable in event store, currently not the gear, but the question have you never gotten an infil lead? 
    leaders were removed in december event from event store
    http://i.imgur.com/FglMY0M.gif
  • Skipjack
    Skipjack
    WC Mod
    they will be back..... eventually ;)

• DarkSkinNinja
    DarkSkinNinja
    woodysz3 said:

leaders were removed in december event from event store
    ah you are correct, i compeletly forgot 
  • WHITEKNIGHT-01
    WHITEKNIGHT-01
    Strike-force Captain
    i dont think there is enough stuff in gear store to cover all levels there should be more and a wider range of stuff
  • Perennial
    Perennial
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 308
    edited 8 Feb 2016, 10:40AM
    woodysz3 said:
    i dont think there is enough stuff in gear store to cover all levels there should be more and a wider range of stuff
    Concurred! Personally never understood the last chance concept either. Last chance is a huge disincentive for newer players in the game. For any active player, there has to be a means atleast monthly during the event week, if not at all times, of obtaining all currently active units & components.
  • WHITEKNIGHT-01
    WHITEKNIGHT-01
    Strike-force Captain
    i tried your idea and it was total CRAP!! as i said they using it as a cheat to win it should not be possible to keep deploying and retreating units, once removed they should not deploy again until a new attack begins simple!!!!
  • Skipjack
    Skipjack
    WC Mod
    Woodysz 3... can I have a couple players who use it in their base send you a PM on what and how they do it, perhaps that would help?  High level guys... I trust them both very much.
  • Grouphugs4u
    Grouphugs4u
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2015 Posts: 214
    Skipjack said:
    The deploy retreat is not against the rules... we have always had this tactic in game for both ground and air.  I used to use it all the time to snipe res from my enemies with me EHS.... As I stated above the fix to deter people from using it in your base it to use ERMs (Elite Rifle Men) in and all around your base (insta repair) and also Ninjas (Infiltrators) in your spawn spots will cause them to uncloak immediately and be shot down.  A little thoughtful effort using some older units will ensure any stealth unit is detected and unlocked.  If you do not know where the spawn spots are in your base have a friend hit you at each spot around your base and mark that spot with a wall piece of mine... then set your base def to trigger those points.   PS scorpions in those spawn points are alot of fun as well if you have them ;)
    One of your colleagues keeps stating it is an exploit and should be reason for a ban.
    I eat extra fibers and wipe my bottom with a SF Giants toilet paper.
  • Perennial
    Perennial
    Skilled Warrior
    Skipjack said:
    One of your colleagues keeps stating it is an exploit and should be reason for a ban.
    Colleague? Except for the fact that neither work for Kixeye.

I do agree with SJ though. There are ways to circuvent this 'exploit' and I'm all for unconventional use & tactics.
  • Skipjack
    Skipjack
    WC Mod
    Yep, I know...and we do not work for Kixeye.  Again, I have used this tactic for a long time... and then until stealth came out... most people lost interest in the tactic.  Kixeye is reviewing how the tactic works and I am sure there will be more information and discussing of the issue.

• Grouphugs4u
    Grouphugs4u
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2015 Posts: 214
    Perennial said:
    Skipjack said:
    Colleague? Except for the fact that neither work for Kixeye.

I do agree with SJ though. There are ways to circuvent this 'exploit' and I'm all for unconventional use & tactics.
    Colleague does not always refer to a work related environment. 

By the way, stealth detection is still broken for many players, surprisingly it works perfectly for Kixeye bases.
    I eat extra fibers and wipe my bottom with a SF Giants toilet paper.
  • Perennial
    Perennial
    Skilled Warrior
    Grouphugs4u said:

Colleague does not always refer to a work related environment.
    Prescriptively speaking, I think you'll find it does always refer to a professional environment.

By the way, stealth detection is still broken for many players, surprisingly it works perfectly for Kixeye bases.
    Works for some, not for others. Let's say it's erratic. I wouldn't recommend that anyone prioritize the radio tower upgrade at this point in time.
  • WHITEKNIGHT-01
    WHITEKNIGHT-01
    Strike-force Captain
    i have now tried many ways to stop this owl crap, and none work, the retreat unit option should be removed until it is worked out properly
  • HighAnxiety
    HighAnxiety
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 383
    Much Better results since Kixeye removed the Night Owl Retreat Glitch.
  • Perennial
    Perennial
    Skilled Warrior
    Much Better results since Kixeye removed the Night Owl Retreat Glitch.

What level is that ID? If it's a 40+, needs reporting regardless.
  • cliffton.vincent
    cliffton.vincent
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2013 Posts: 278
    Skipjack said:
    Skipjack, i have noticed the MAIN reason players want this in the game is because they are too LAZY to work on strategies and tactics. they want the EASY way out. Plain and simple.